list your favorite childhood games

Pokemon Colosseum/Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness 

While these weren't the first games I played in the series these are one hundred percent my favorites in the series despite being a spinoff from an incredibly small studio at Game Freak/Nintendo. Got incredibly hooked on these two games especially Colosseum mainly of how it sets itself apart from the other games in the series. Both of these two games managed to be incredibly ahead of it's time in terms of graphics, story, and even animation. And as I mentioned before this was accomplished by a super small studio called Genius Sonority. Also, these games had cinematics strewn about the games alongside one main opening cinematic. Pokemon Colosseum had an opening cinematic that showed the main character stealing a snag machine from their own gang and driving off on a motorcycle while the hideout he was just in proceeds to blow up. Which I think is the main draw to these two games that being their darker story and plot in comparison to main series games. In Colosseum and Gale of Darkness you go in to recapture shadow pokemon who have their hearts artificially closed to the point where they will attack people aggressively including the trainer. Whereas main series games involve you as a player going about your region and fighting some gyms and the occasional crime organization. Plus the region in of itself is entirely different than those to come or previous. It literally has only a select few locations on the same side of the map that experience lush greenery of standard Pokemon games. However, a good portion of the region, especially Pyrite Town, is run down, filled with corruption, and just dark. And that same corrupt town called Pyrite, at least in Colosseum, has a place called the Underground DIRECTLY below it which is even MORE corrupt and dark.

You can not tell me this cutscene is not hype ESPECIALLY for the time that the game was made. Only recently have we even seen shit of this caliber in pokemon up until recent years. Plus you literally get to use the two best eeveelutions in the whole series and experience double battles. @shrimp

AND the game has soundtracks/OSTs that are probably the best of the ENTIRE series.

If you haven't played this game and you are a fan of the series even remotely check these two games out and play on an emulator or something.

Edited by Jackal
  • Like 2
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, Jackal said:

Pokemon Colosseum/Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness

Fantastic games if you're into Pokemon. Easily emulated with Dolphin.

Other games I recommend:
Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Chibi-Robo 
Super Paper Mario

All these games emulate super well without a controller.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2