XP System Rework / Prestige Tokens & Shop

Ritzu

XP System Rework / Prestige Shop

Description & Reasoning: 

Leveling & XP:

Being an avid player of MRP, I've heard numerous complaints, and even had complaints myself, about the XP system. I've heard people say "It's too slow to level up," or "There's no incentive to do anything to get XP." My aim with this suggestion is to fix that, with faster leveling, new ways to get XP, and incentive to gain XP, level up and purchase prestige.

The current ways to gain XP are through capping objectives during war, unscrambling words in chat, and passive XP.

Here are the new ways of getting XP that seem fair to me and others I have spoken to about this issue:

Defib / Reviving  |  Kills (On cap)  |  Kills (Off cap)(Less XP than on OBJ)  |  Killing NPCs (encourages more events)  |  Decapping OBJ  |  Staying on OBJ/Cap (encourages *not* basecamping)

Passive XP should also see an increase/buff, so that staying on the server AFK overnight, etc. becomes a more viable strategy to gain XP and level up. This also would increase player count, as more people will go AFK, making the server look more appealing to a new player searching through the server browser.

I, and many others, feel it should be not only easier to gain XP, but for it to be much faster to level up. Decreasing the amount of XP it takes to level up, and making new ways of gaining XP are some of the ways to fix this issue.

Becoming aware of the score system that is currently being worked on (Thanks, Theos), the phrase "XP" can be traded out for score, and the amount of XP/score changed, if this suggestion conflicts with a system that's already being worked out (some points could just be voided altogether, but my main point of buffing XP, etc. still stands.)

Prestige Tokens & Shop:

Prestige levels themselves shouldn't be a sign of experience or vet status, but should be something a player looks forward to. It shouldn't be a waste of money to buy Rebirth, or take several hundred hours to prestige.

With this suggestion, I propose that more prestige levels are added, and for Prestiging to award the player with a Prestige Token (PT).

PTs are gained, again, through Prestiging (1 per Prestige). These would be used in a newly added "Prestige Shop," accessible through the F4 menu, where the player can purchase perma weapons, such as knives, fists, etc., emotes (facepalm SWEP, etc.) and also "Prestige Classes." While perma weapons, emotes, etc. would cost just 1 PT, a Prestige Class would cost more for balance reasons.

These "Prestige Classes" are similar to Dono WLs in a sense that, it's not a second life, but a WL that the player can purchase and play on, according to their playstyle.

The three prestige classes, which work for three different playstyles, are:

Prestige Medic: IFAK, Defibs, Pistol, SMG  |  Prestige Sniper: Pistol, Sniper  |  Prestige Assault: Pistol, AR

Conclusion: 

In conclusion, the XP system needs either a rework or buff. Even if some of these parts do not sound appealing, such as certain aspects of the Prestige Shop, ways to gain XP, etc. the main points of making it easier to level up, and creating incentive to level up and prestige still stands.

Most of the aspects of this suggestion are just fun little ideas to play with, so please, nitpick, and give feedback, just do remember the main idea.

Thank you for your time.

• Agree 6

+1 to everything but buffing passive XP.

Passive XP just had another buff and in my opinion, buffing again would be too much.

I really like the OBJ XP ideas. We really need another incentive to keep players on OBJ during war.
I also really like the Prestige Shop idea a lot. This could make Garnet not pay to win 😄

31 minutes ago, Ritzu said:

PTs are gained, again, through Prestiging (1 per Prestige). These would be used in a newly added "Prestige Shop," accessible through the F4 menu, where the player can purchase perma weapons, such as knives, fists, etc., emotes (facepalm SWEP, etc.) and also "Prestige Classes." While perma weapons, emotes, etc. would cost just 1 PT, a Prestige Class would cost more for balance reasons.

Feel like 1 PT per donor might be a bit low, considering it's not that hard to get prestige. Maybe 3 might work better?

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

Accepted

The premise of this suggestion (XP awarding & prestige rewards/bonuses) has been accepted, however the specifics may be different to what has been originally suggested here, depending on practicality and such.

@Proggy Please Lock & Move

• Like 1