In-game name: 11A 2LT Thomas Foolery
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:523425845
Warns: 0
Timezone: CST
Playtime?: 200:04:19
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes
Referral(s): BenZ, HonestDog
Past experiences as a Game Master: Wasted 2 years total (on for a year, burned out, came back another) as a GM on Revival Servers. Never again.
Why should we choose you over other applicants?: Two years under the belt and I still have plenty of time for the server unlike most people in their twenties with long work hours. I'm able to work on my own time and pick and choose when I go into work, unless school gets in the way and won't be a problem for long since I'm a senior. Plus, I'd like to bring in more unique events than what I've been seeing a lot of since the map switch (copy and paste FFAs and such) with a bit more story and actual goals other than 'kill the bad guys', but of course I'll give the players something to shoot at, all work and no play sucks.
Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: [Zephyr Roleplay, Star Wars RP] Miss-clicked with a rocket launcher class when I tabbed out since my character spawns in with it out after an event that made everyone spawn in the same location. The feed was practically unreadable and lagged the server for a second or two, but I took a week ban. Didn't fight it, but they knew me as a long-time player and had mercy I guess since it could've been two weeks.
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: On average, about 6-7 hours, after 5 PM CST. Holidays, I could make it to the double-digits (Although that's unhealthy, but who cares?).

In your own words, what are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: To entertain the masses of the server and meet both the higher up's and the player's expectations. Act like you're a representor for the server, be responsible, and stay humble. Don't let your work rust and make every player feel special and needed within each event of yours they participate in. Always improve, but don't put yourself above your peers. Remember to give tips and accept criticism from those you respect.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I'd introduce more creativity and story-boarding for the players. PVPs and FFAs are fun too, but I know there's some people out there who want some adventure and at least a little story when it comes to how things happened.

Please list and explain 3 unique event ideas designed for only your faction to take part in: (1) Helicopter crash out in the sands, requesting support as they're surrounded by Taliban scavengers looking to take what they can. Make someone a leader who will set up squads to move in and get them out of there, all while being under heavy fire from Taliban NPCs. After recovery, depending on if the agents from the helicopter die or not, the Army will be left with some financial compensation for the assist, and the agents will leave the base in a functioning helicopter. If they do die before reaching safety, and don't search the Agents for anything, the weapon plans on them will be looted by the Taliban and kept at a hold-up in Factory. The Army will need to retrieve it through a breach and clear mission set up by the leader. Once secured, they can be put into storage for later retrieval by backup agents. (2) An anonymous source will tip off an Army General of a drug chain within the town they're in war over currently, leaving said general to set up a task force to stop each location's operation once and for all. The drugs, after being secured from the drug lords, can either be destroyed to complete the mission, sabotaged to deter anyone from operating such runs afterwards, or sold to the anonymous source after he asks for it for a handsome reward of money, under the false promise that they will be redirected for medical use. The trick is, the source is another drug lord who used the tip-off to get rid of his competition, free of charge, and doesn't pay a cent to the Army. If the Army wishes to seek revenge on him for such betrayal, they can track down the drop-off location to catch the crook behind it and put him behind bars (or kill, up to them honestly). (3) A care package of food and water meant for the Army has been delivered, but unfortunately due to wind, has blown off-course and captured by the locals. A general has ordered a team, rudely, to basically assault the civilians who claimed it and take it back by force. When the team arrives, they can see the innocent people who took it mean no harm and saw it as a gift to the town's small but needy population that hides during the wars. The team can either abide by their orders and take it back by force, or can show sympathy to the townsfolk. If they choose violence, a few of the people won't let it go without a fight. If they choose to leave it, they'll be greeted with an upset General ready to dish out PT. This is mostly to teach players to follow orders instead of always trying to play hero or do kindness for the sake of kindness. Doesn't always work like the movies.

Please list and explain 1 unique global event idea designed for the entire server to take part in: For global events, I miss the ones when GMs made DJ clubs where everyone was welcome. During peace time, there should be peace! I was thinking of setting up a fun little Jeopardy game with Army and Military questions on history and well-known facts. I would select two well-known members from Army and Taliban, cycling out old members for new ones each round and basically let them play Jeopardy for a cash prize. There can be audience members to watch and cheer them on while waiting for their turn as they try to earn the most points for their team. It would take some work on how to show everyone the Jeopardy screen, but I could probably find a way to stream it like a PowerPoint presentation of the questions to the people who are participating or just say everything in game and type it as well. Leaves some questions to be answered, but the general idea sounds fun to make. If it didn't work out, I'd set up an entire tourney that involved 1v1s leading up to a final match to see who wins a large cash prize. It could bring people together and encourage improvement among the player base!

Edited by Tomfoolery
Title edit for clarification on directed application
  • Agree 1

This man is a literal potato 

in all seriousness the guy gives me a run for my money when it comes to being a officer and is pretty good when it comes to docs 
hard working and dedicated to whatever task you give him and he genunly cares about the new players of the server as seen by him being the TRADOC 2IC and acting TRADOC Commander 

overall huge  +1 and i think he would make a great GM 

• Like 1

+1 love the event ideas attitude towards being a gm is questionable based on your answer to past gm experience and lack luster paragaraphs but no one seems to have a problem with you in the community and from what I've seen your an active player looking to keep the community active so I think you'd make a great fit for GM!

2 hours ago, Pillsbury said:

+1 love the event ideas attitude towards being a gm is questionable based on your answer to past gm experience and lack luster paragaraphs but no one seems to have a problem with you in the community and from what I've seen your an active player looking to keep the community active so I think you'd make a great fit for GM!

I only say the whole "Never Again." thing because it was quite possibly the most miserable time I've had to displeasure of wasting my talents. I literally had to research Comic Books on a video game series to adapt and put out events that lasted at least an hour or two for a player base that, based on their grading, determined if I got to keep putting so much work or even make fake money from (didn't get payed, you earned like 25 bucks worth of server credit a month to donate for whitelists and perks for work output worthy of actual employment). Sorry if it made me look sketchy or strange.