DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

SMG Buff

I'd say lower the spread per shot while ADSing, making it still somewhat a skill to use in CQC - can't just spray someone down without aiming. 

SMGs have been unusable for a fairly long time after the notorious SMG buff on Delta (never forget the absolute monster the G36 was) - while still being applied on many classes. It's stuff like this that forces people to use donator weapons over class weapons which is kind of sad.

Edited by Whue
  • Agree 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team
1 hour ago, AnthonyThwompus said:

I am not 100% sure how the stats work

Spread per shot is how much the 'spread area' increases per shot

Maximum spread is the total limit for the 'spread area'

i.e. if a gun has a 5% spread per shot, and a maximum spread of 20%, after 4+ shots the gun is firing at 20% spread until you pause firing

And obviously hip-firing reduces Accuracy.

Edited by Theos
19 hours ago, Theos said:

Is this referring to Max Spread, or Spread per shot, or both? Also is this specifically for hipfire, or ADS, or both?

Buff the spread in general hipfiring with smgs is worthless after the first 5 shots the guns are inaccurate ads or not 

+1 been asking for this for the longest 

12 hours ago, Theos said:

Spread per shot is how much the 'spread area' increases per shot

Maximum spread is the total limit for the 'spread area'

i.e. if a gun has a 5% spread per shot, and a maximum spread of 20%, after 4+ shots the gun is firing at 20% spread until you pause firing

And obviously hip-firing reduces Accuracy.

So buff spreed per shot and and the maximum spread 

+1

As of right now most smgs have to high of aim spread to be used reliably. A buff to aimspread overall would greatly increase the effectiveness of SMGS. But most smgs would have to be looked at individually and have there own buffs and nerfs so they feel unique. For example the Delta force UMP isn't good in many categories. Its not what you except.  The ump is famous for being a slow firing reliable smg while in garnet its the fast firing and inaccurate. Another example is TSFU MP-40. MP-40 is also famous for being another slower firing SMG. A WW2 UMP. But the MP-40 like the UMP also suffers from the same issue. Being incredibly fast firing inaccurate smg. These are the few smgs I'm familiar with on the server but im sure there are other cases like this on the server.  But the overall issue with the smgs is that they are currently outclassed by the weapons like the AEK in CQC which shouldn't be the case. 

• Agree 2

+1

Currently smgs have a very low reliability in gun fights making them a much worse option than ARs even in CQC I'm all for a rework to the smgs, I think this will be a bit of a trial and error sorta thing to get right, in the past smgs have been vv over powered and I understand that the increase to aim spread (as well as other changes) were there to maintain weapon balance, but with the current map and the current meta smgs see little to no use.

10 hours ago, jas0n said:

+1

As of right now most smgs have to high of aim spread to be used reliably. A buff to aimspread overall would greatly increase the effectiveness of SMGS. But most smgs would have to be looked at individually and have there own buffs and nerfs so they feel unique. For example the Delta force UMP isn't good in many categories. Its not what you except.  The ump is famous for being a slow firing reliable smg while in garnet its the fast firing and inaccurate. Another example is TSFU MP-40. MP-40 is also famous for being another slower firing SMG. A WW2 UMP. But the MP-40 like the UMP also suffers from the same issue. Being incredibly fast firing inaccurate smg. These are the few smgs I'm familiar with on the server but im sure there are other cases like this on the server.  But the overall issue with the smgs is that they are currently outclassed by the weapons like the AEK in CQC which shouldn't be the case. 

To add on to weapons on here there is also guns like the g36c which suffers from tick rate breaking or just a high fire rate making it extremely overpowered at times even with the shit accuracy just another gun to look at 

• StarWarsRP Management Team

Garnet has since made a post regarding all firearm changes. I'm moving this suggestion to Denied, so that all gun stat changes can be found in 1 place.