DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Rust's Staff Application

Rust

In-game name: 75R COL Rust

Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 19

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:81827757

Warns: None

Timezone: EST

Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: | 75R COL Rust has played for 2151:51:47.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes 

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes

Referral(s): Didn't ask anyone

Past experiences as staff: Previously T. Admin a couple of months ago

How do you plan on benefiting our server? 
Having previous experience as staff on this server for a while really opens your eyes much more on what has changed, what has improved, and what has went down hill through out the past couple of years. Just like my previous times, I continue to bring what I have always brought to the table as staff. For example professionalism, unbiasedness, being helpful to all players, holding your composure and keeping a level head. These couple of things seem so simple and unimportant, but these are actually some of the most important roles you need to carry as staff. I plan on continuing all of these traits as well as helping others improve themselves. Most people are afraid of others being better than them, but what I look to do with players is to want them to be better than me. Teach them all you know and watch their improvement. It's super cool to see how much you can help someone improve and how far they can go and as you look back at it you realize you helped that person accomplish that. I'm neutral with all players and treat everyone equally. 

Something super important to me is treating 11B and Tali fair, answering their questions and taking time to talk to them and work with them. These guys are the most important part of the server. The only reason we have SOC factions are because of the lower enlisted being trained, worked with and eventually passing SOC tryouts. Most players push 11B and Tali off, but what I hope we can improve on is working with these guys more and leave them on good terms to where they want to come back to the server. Instead of switching sides in war to farm 11B for kills, work with them, give them pointers and be there for them when they have questions. You'd be surprised how far some of them can go if we just treated them fairly and gave them a chance. 

I know the staff system we use here from my previous experience, and in staff sits I plan on giving both guys a chance to talk and speak their side of the story. Many staff just listen to one guy look in logs and ban/warn without giving the other guy a chance to talk. You'd be surprised how much can change by just hearing another side to the story. It's good to take your time a really listen to everything both players in the sit are saying and then come to a fair conclusion leaving both guys with a chance.

Another important role to a good functioning server is the staff team, actually being a team, having one another's backs, helping each other, and communication. Everyone plays this game to have fun but as staff their are certain times you should be professional and fair. Once you're apart of a staff team you represent that team just like anyone else on that team does. It's a team effort and once one person hurts their reputation, that hurts the staff teams reputation as a whole. It would be cool to see the staff team work with one another more, not argue so much and carry themselves with a level head. A huge thing for me is no clipping off duty. Yes at certain times it's okay to no clip off duty, but do it correctly. It's not cool to see players just fly through walls and yell at people and then fly away. It doesn't look good. Overall I hope to be apart of the team again and continue to help out like I always have. After having Rangers under me for these past couple of days, we all have seem a tremendous change in the faction and I hope that continues to become better. Thanks all for reading this and I hope to be back with you boys soon👊

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? Nope

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: When I was T. Admin then a second time

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Couple of hours a day

• Informative 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 7

+1 
Amazing application; great answers, good experience on this server, good time, great and helpful player, doesn't cause issues, fun to talk to and be around, all around great person. The best part is the paragraphs, actually put time into them and wrote a literal essay while keeping it custom and not copy pasted.

This shouldn't be a hard decision

• Like 1

+1

Genuinely an outstanding application and even a good read to be honest. Fills all the boxes and then some. Good ideas, good person and knows what he's doing. I'd be happy to see him in the Staff Team again, even if I wasn't around to see his first moments!

• Like 1

Couldn't drop a fatter +1 for anyone out there Rust was an amazing T.Admin back in the day being an amazing asset to me while I was HR Supervisor and helped to create many resources still used today. Would love to see them back on the staff team and would be an amazing asset to help and strengthen the staff team with experience and knowledge.

TLDR - Rust good 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Tomfoolery said:

+1

Genuinely an outstanding application and even a good read to be honest. Fills all the boxes and then some. Good ideas, good person and knows what he's doing. I'd be happy to see him in the Staff Team again, even if I wasn't around to see his first moments!

16 hours ago, Millerjerm said:

Couldn't drop a fatter +1 for anyone out there Rust was an amazing T.Admin back in the day being an amazing asset to me while I was HR Supervisor and helped to create many resources still used today. Would love to see them back on the staff team and would be an amazing asset to help and strengthen the staff team with experience and knowledge.

TLDR - Rust good 

13 hours ago, Mavv_ said:

+1
Amazing person and an amazing staff member previously would love to see her back on the team!
Good Luck!

1 hour ago, PappaEric said:

+1 - Former staff and amazing person. Hope to see you back in the staff team.

1 hour ago, Bman said:

+1 

-Former staff

-very active

-great person 

-not toxic

Thanks boys for the response and the kind words, I appreciate all of you👊

+1

I think rust is perfect for this position. She is a veteran player who knows the server well. From my point of view she seems to be very known within the community, I've never heard anything negative about her. I hope she is accepted to the staff team, Goodluck Rust

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BenZ said:

+1

I think rust is perfect for this position. She is a veteran player who knows the server well. From my point of view she seems to be very known within the community, I've never heard anything negative about her. I hope she is accepted to the staff team, Goodluck Rust

Thanks for the response my bro. I really appreciate it👊🏼

Ill give this a +1 due to the fact that shes active and actively fixing a faction and shes not absolutely braindead, my only concern which is none of my business tbh but it is a concern is what happened the last time you were staff. i get it work gets in the way trust me i really do. but whats going to change about this time around.  Again none of my business but just a concern i had (yes i know i just resigned and that sounds hypocritical especially seeing my lack of activity within the last few weeks of my time in staff.)

Best of Luck Rust,

Dennis The Menace

• Like 1
  • Cringe 1
  • Informative 1
13 minutes ago, DennyB said:

Ill give this a +1 due to the fact that shes active and actively fixing a faction and shes not absolutely braindead, my only concern which is none of my business tbh but it is a concern is what happened the last time you were staff. i get it work gets in the way trust me i really do. but whats going to change about this time around.  Again none of my business but just a concern i had (yes i know i just resigned and that sounds hypocritical especially seeing my lack of activity within the last few weeks of my time in staff.)

Best of Luck Rust,

Dennis The Menace

I did the exact same thing - although I just did a funny and disappeared without letting anyone know - main reason I'm not trying to make a great comeback. 😎

To cut the bullshittery, Dennis makes a fair point. You were given a second term as staff member and didn't do much with it. Maybe with your appointment to COL you have more motivation etc. for now, but how long will it last? What would be different now from then? I am not hating on you, you're absolutely amazing and you deserve a shot on the staff team again but people will possibly hold this against you (people that are higher up there). 

Putting that minor hickup aside, I would love to see Rust on the staff team again and make a difference on the server as much as a single individual possibly can. You're active, great to be around and you're showing newer players how good this server can be besides the toxicity that the PvP aspect brings with it from time to time. 

+1

Edited by Westt
  • Like 1