DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

A New Bank Robbery Mod/System

TheTony

The Bank Robbery System is Underutilized

Everyone knows how little you get from the bank robberies, after all, why spend 15 minutes to just *attempt* to try and gain a measly $50,000 if there are even enough police officers in the server. That is why I want to introduce a bank robbery system that I see as far superior; PVault.

PVault allows for a greater rush and more interactivity as the bank robbers now have to try and unlock the vault without tripping the alarm, quickly retrieve the duffel bags of cash (each bag has varying amounts) before the door closes, and make your way to the Corrupt Banker and you must negotiate with him. If you try to get to greedy, he will rat you out, but if don't be too generous or you will lose out on most of your hard work. Should the police intercept the robbers, it is their duty to try and return the cash to the vaults.

I have always been disappointed in the missed opportunity that is the bank, hence why I wanted to bring this mod to your attention. It will give an incentive for players of all levels to take a gamble and try to rob the bank! Thank you for your time.

Mods in the Presentation:

The Official Version for $7.50:

https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/pvault-the-perfect-bank-raid-heist-addon-masks

The Steam Version for $0.00

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1401020507&searchtext=pvault-Base Mod

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1611801035&searchtext=pvault-Corrupt Banker

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1611801045&searchtext=pvault-Money Bags

• Like 3
  • Creative 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 2

+1
Don't even think I would personally use it tbh, but that being said, I think anything being added to the server should be encouraged, and anything that will expand on things already in game are even better. The way the vault works right now doesn't encourage anyone to use it new or old players.

+1

Awesome idea and i think it would add a way to better the bank robber class since u can afk and get the same amount of money without the hassle of trying to get enough cops on.

ik some servers have tho

Edited by Candy_
srry shin

This idea is swag. I don't really see too many bank raids anyway, so to bring more attention to the bank is always a great idea. Considering anyone could just use 100 credits to buy a payroll for the same amount that is already gained from a bank raid, not to mention that this idea also mixes in multiple degrees of gameplay also.

+1

Neutral.

This Seems Really cool but the size of it is Really high. Garnet has always been about trying to keep downloads to a low. But I see something like this as a potential boom for raiding if done right. But the download size might be a little much.

Edited by OpTic Gunner
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Neutral

I do think it would be a great addition to the server and would certainly encourage more people to change into this job role, however I also appreciate that the server strives to be 'vanilla' with 'no downloads' where possible. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • The Garnut

I know this is going to upset some, and I apologize, but I have little to no interest in adding this addon onto the server.

While i'm not faulting this addon, as it's made by an old friend from the GMod community i'm no longer in touch with, and I know he makes great systems for GMod. I just much prefer our existing bank vault mechanics to the one proposed. With this one, there is alot of interacting, things for the server to calculate, and some fancy models with unique drawing mechanics (making a 2d prop look 3d). In contrast, our current system is literally a CS:S money stack prop, you press E on and defend the premise until you are given the "vault's balance" after 5 minutes of successfully defending the Bank. It seems unnecessary to have to take your money to an NPC to then essentially launder it, and that's just another pointless NPC we have got scattered in our map.

With all that being said, it was just about 1-2 weeks ago where I made a major overhaul to our existing bank robbery system, allowing you to navigate the entirety of the bank in defending it, using any thief class, and allowing you to have up to 4 other acquaintances. I hope these changes are enough to encourage players to use our existing mod 🙂 

PS

Any spelling errors/bad grammar = I did not sleep in a very long time

• Like 1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines