DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

H. Harry - Game Master Application

RockyyPower

In-game name: H Harry
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:528176145
Warns: N/A
Timezone: GMT
Playtime?: 113:04:41.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes.
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes.
Referral(s):  N/A.
Past experiences as a Game Master: N/A
Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]
I should be chosen over other applicants who apply for this position because I could benefit the community during the early hours where there may sometimes be a lack of GM's on to keep players entertained. Living in a country with the GMT time zone allows me to be on for the early hours of the server where many other GM's are at work/school and have not yet finished. For events I feel I could bring a level of freshness to the GM team and also lift a weight from their shoulders by hosting on-world events for troopers when the activity is low. also believe myself to be non biased in all staff related situations, meaning all players would have the same chance to accomplish their goals or have the same fairness when it comes to decisions against them.
Another reason why I would be a better option is that I am always willing to listen and hear what people have to say. I believe that I could learn lots from the different aspects of staff and also enjoying figuring out new things. I co-operate quite well with others and do not force my own ideas or say onto anything that can be shared as a group effort. I will admit I do not know a lot when it comes to staffing on Garry's mod but I am willing to learn about all there is to it. I feel confident in my own ability to adapt to situations and learn from them. 
Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: Never.
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I go to school and spend time doing extra curricular activities during the week so personally I would be able to spend in and around 3-4 hours of playtime on the server during the weekdays and on the weekends I do not do anything other than play games so my times range from around 6-9 hours every Friday and Saturday. Sunday would have around 5 hours of game time.
In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: 
From what I have seen and heard during my time on SWRP, the role and responsibilities of a Gamemaster is first create an idea for a fair, fun and creative event for the server whether it be major or minor. Creating events and also leaving room for RP from the troopers is a must to create a good event. Creating an event that is not flexible can feel like it has been forced onto the players and leaves them unhappy with how things turned out. Another responsibility is to gather feedback on the event and write up an honest report on how it went and perhaps what could be improved. All around GM's should create events made for the players to make their own with passive RP and combat.
Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team:
As I have previously mentioned in the previous paragraphs I come from a time zone that is around 5-8 hours behind those that are American. This will generally allow me to be on during the server's "early hours" where players are on the server but are in need of something to do while they play the server. Of course they can do try-outs and what not but this can only get them so far. I would start mini events on-world events for the players that are just sitting around waiting for the server to gain pop. This will help the players and also the server by keeping people interested and playing keeping more numbers and possibly attracting newer players to play and encourage them to stay.
Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server:
After spending some time thinking, my somewhat most creative idea that would contribute to the server would be simple little mini passive events where perhaps a group of civilians needed medical treatment. They would be brought to the Medbay and examined by a MED certified player and RP would ensue that way. Perhaps the reactor could malfunction and ENG's would have to go repair it, there could be a bomb threat on the base and an EOD would have to locate and defuse. Pilots could be sent out to engage distant fighters out of nowhere. While all these mini events seem simple, it gives the roles system more a purpose rather than the odd Passive RP. It would also encourage players to attend Role Certifications.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

1. Off-World: Going Home. A message was received by Republic Navy from Kamino that the troopers of Anaxes are due their medical examinations! All troopers are debriefed (Dependant on Navy) and then head to the Venator for their trip to their homeworld! The troopers touch down at the Kamino cloning facility and begin to report to the medical stations set up across Kamino that were set up for their arrival. Troopers are examined whilst others are going through drills/trainings while waiting for all troopers to be in the clear. Suddenly a CIS frigate exits hyperspace and it is revealed they had followed the Venator all the way to Kamino! Troopers scramble around the base as CIS drop pods land down on Kamino and begin their assault! The troops (hopefully) fend off waves of invasion from the droids and gather data from droids (ENG) and tend to their wounded brothers (MEDRP) while EOD's attempt to disarm bombs that were left among the chaos! Once all is finished and the droids flee the troopers decide it is safe and head back to Anaxes where they will return to normal duties.

2. On world : Who turned out the lights? Whilst on status 1, the base will be regularly patrolled and troopers will be tending to their duties. Suddenly, the reactor will begin to malfunction and creatures will have infested the reactor room! It is unknown how these creatures managed to get into the reactor and the room will be quarantined until further notice.  Troopers will investigate the strange appearance of the creatures and will seal their suits and clear out the reactor room. There they will find clawed vents where the creatures came from. This means that the entire base could be contaminated and a quarantine will be under affect with a certain amount of troopers figuring out what room they originated from. It will end up being the armoury. The creatures arrived in eggs on a shipment of DC-17s and managed to hatch and make their way to the reactor room via the vent system. Once the areas have been secured they will be deemed safe to go in and the base will be sweeped for any other creatures. Once this is complete the base will return to normal status.

3. CIS at our gates! The troopers will be going about their day when either 91st or 41st will be sent on a patrol of the land, Preferably 91st with speeders. The scouts will report a mass of droids heading toward the base and return to alert everyone. Once everyone has been alerted, battle stations will be called and the CIS will throw all they have at the troops! Vultures, AAT's, Droids, drop pods! The troops will defend waves of attacks until they go on the offensive. It appears the droids have settled at Aurek and need to be pushed out! An ENG will hack a droid head and discover this info. Troops will go attack (I hope) and send the CIS packing. Thus ending the event.

4. Holding the fort. A VIP will have been brought to Anaxes for protection while the CIS ensue. The VIP will be kept in a safe place (decided by navy) and will remain there until the event fully begins. EC's will become Commando droids and will attempt to locate and eliminate the target all while an attack is happening on the base. The troops will have to defend their base and the VIP both until the attack is called off. Hopefully both still stand. If the VIP is injured MEDRP must be enacted swiftly before they die! If the attack is stopped then the clones have won the day and the VIP will be transferred.

5. Anybody Home? While out on a routine patrol troopers will discover signs of an attack at farms but no bodies are to be found. They must find clues to unravel the mystery of what happened to the people who lived there. Once they find what they are looking for in multiple forms they will then be directed to Village Caves where they must negotiate with a Bounty Hunter working for the CIS for the safe release of the hostages (Farm dwellers). Of course droids will attack along the way. If successful in negotiation or other methods the farmers will be returned to their homes and take care of by our medics, engineers will repair their droids and the troopers will return to base. If the Bounty Hunter is killed then the base will be attacked in retaliation, after this the event will end.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

PHAT +1 

Harry is a super active member of the garnet community, I think he has excellent ideas for GM and can use his already known knowledge of running events as Navy to his advantage. He's a great guy and I think the community comes to agree. I'd love to see his work in some future events! (Edit: Add me to referrals) 

Edited by Kenrotheangrycg

+1

Love the detail in the application, and you have some good ideas for flexible events that will involve RP. We have not crossed paths many times, but having another person in the GMT time zone who can assist with dead/early hours will help us build up the late night pop!

+1

Huge +1 For the Giga Chad

Reasons Stated above 😄

Also if Possible Add me to referrals

Although we haven't Properly Interacted seeing you as Naval and during events you act Perfect, its enough of a Reason

Edited by Twix