London (UK) GMT+0

Playtime?:
199.22 hours at the time of posting

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]
Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]
Yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] 
GunShark - We spoke the about a week ago and he said that I should sign up. Cheers GunShark, you're always helpful and supportive 👍
Canlex - Trained me previously when I became VIP Mod and has witnessed my sits. I haven't actually asked him, but I'm sure he'll be glad to see me back on the team 🙂 
ShankNinja - We got on really well before I resigned, I even put in a good word for him when he applied to be staff as I knew he'd do a decent job. Again, I haven't actually asked him but I'm sure he'll agree 👌
VOID MoonDodge - A fellow Brit, God save the Queen!  👑 🇬🇧  Again, I haven't asked but we've spoke enough in-game to know what I'm like. Always incredibly helpful too!

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] 
Previously, I became a VIP Mod and really enjoyed my time working as staff on the server, taking great pride in my organisation of evidence collected from sits. I was later promoted to a moderator, however shortly afterwards, I had to resign due to suddenly having to change job and moving back down from London to the South Coast (England) where I live now. I was always firm but fair in my sits and strived to improve peoples understanding and respect of the situation by explaining things thoroughly. In fact, I never had a single appeal submitted against me during my time as staff. You're welcome to see my resignation posted on the forums here where I explain in a bit more depth why I left.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]
Having previously worked as staff on the server, I already know what is expected of me in order to fulfil the duties that I will undertake as a moderator. I have dealt with a variety of sits previously and handled them well, with no appeals and with promotion to moderator from VIP Mod.  I always tried to identify the best course of action, for example giving guidance and education to help new players, over warning / jailing players that should understand them. I was firm but fair, always giving every reasonable opportunity to ask questions before any punishment is imposed. I took pride in my organisation of sit videos, in the event that any such appeal may take place so that I could respond quickly and efficiently. 

I'm also based in South-East England (UK). While I understand that the vast majority of players are US based, it's worthwhile having moderators that are able to cover different time zones. In that way I can help, offering to assist during the peak-UK times while also offering more help outside those hours on weekends and holidays.

At the age of 27, I have been playing GMod for over 15 years! That's right, when it was a mod where you had to install other mods manually! It wasn't pain, it was total freedom! Anyway... In that time, I have accumulated an awful lot of experience but I refuse to be complacent and I will always continue to learn more from others. I have realised with wisdom that everyone's view / opinion is valid until it's challenged in a respectful and meaningful way where proper discussion and debates can form. Personally, I'm far from perfect, I still learn new things but I strive to continually adapt and improve as time goes on.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details
I think when I first started and didn't understand the rules I was called up a few times, for example the number of fading doors allowed. But I learned from my mistakes in the early hours of the game and stayed with te server based on the fairness of the mods, which is exactly what I hope to achieve. Nothing at all in the last 150 hours though.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:
None at all. As I say, I was promoted to a moderator from VIP Mod but I didn't actually apply.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
Between 2-5 hours a day depending on work, plus a lot more hours on a weekend.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?
I do! I'm a British Electrician by trade (inspired by the wire mod, no joke, check it out). I also like going 4x4'ing, riding motorbikes, target-shooting (.22LR) (and yes, guns are legal in the UK with a lot of holes to jump through), and making other projects which I will eventually share a website for.

Did you read the staff rules?:
ChrisRid

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
Just now, tdizz said:

Huge +1

Killer application, and can hold his own im sure.

Cheers Tdizz, I remember you posted when I resigned too! Bit emotional 🤣 Glad to be back though, thank you!

• Like 1