DrakeR

In-game name:

Drake R

Age [minimum 15 y/o]:

19 years old

SteamID (https://steamid.io/):

STEAM_0:1:155871465

Warns:

I believe I have 1 and that is for killing in safezone.

Timezone:

EST

Playtime? [minimum 100 hours, use /playtime in-game]:

135:44:24

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]

Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: [YES/NO]

Yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]

None

Past experiences as staff: [Optional]

None

How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I plan on helping the server out in multiple ways. First I plan to be on as much as I possibly can and stay on as late as I can to make sure that the server is getting the staff that it needs to keep the community and the people happy. Also I might not have been staff on a MRP server or on Gmod its self but I have been staff on other games such as FiveM, Rust servers and so on. So I do have experience in the staffing field. I am a very friendly person and I enjoy helping anyone that I can. The faster that I resolve it the faster that I can help more people and make that 1 person happier and enjoying the server. One thing that I do pride myself in is that I am very quick at picking things up and communication. If I don't know the answer I will make sure that I find the answer and pass that info along. I enjoy looking in forums and seeing what other people post. I am not super active on forums but that can easily change. I am also in teamspeak and always looking at discord.

Some other things that I do plan on bringing to the staff team an to the server is overall more help. Some things that I think I bring are Hard working, helpful, communication, understanding, friendly atmosphere, Independent, Problem solver, Leader ect. I will also bring  I am someone you can depend on. If someone gives me a task I will figure out how to do so and I will make sure its done to the best of my ability and its what you want. I am also not afraid to ask questions on things i'm confused on. 

Some of the stuff that I listed above I would like to explain so you can get a better understanding what I mean.

Hard Working: I am a very hard worker, I enjoy what I do and I take it with pride. Being a staff member is not just a hobby or something to do, Its a job and not everyone can do it. As I stated above I don't have the staff experience but I do that the right mindset to do the job. I willing to do what it takes to be a great staff member. With that comes the hard work that needs to be put in. I am willing to put the hard work in.

Understanding: Understanding A situation is key to staffing wherever your at. At the end of the day whatever you says goes. What you believe to be the right outcome is based on your understanding of the situation. So with that being said I am someone who likes to listen to both sides of the story and make my decision like a judge. Let both partys talk, get the evidence that I need and make my best judgement on the situation to resolve it.

Independent: This is very key in staffing and real life. Being independent means that you don't need someone to rely on and be able to do your own stuff. I am a very independent person but I also know when to ask questions if needed. This also goes hand and hand with Hard working. If you work hard to understand the info that you need you can be able to do your own stuff.

Problem solver: This is crucial in staffing. Being a problem solver is what a Staff member is. Someone who can be relied on to do the right stuff and someone who can solve any issues that arrive to them. This could be as simple as a RDMer or 2 people arguing over a safezone kill. Its the staff members job to defuse the situation and make both partys leave with an understanding of what happened and solve the issues they were reporting to you.

Leader: Being a leader is being a role model. Someone who people can look up to. I personally was thrown into this at a young age. Someone who played sports my whole life as a catcher in baseball I had to lead the field. I was the guy people would listen to and be able to rely on me. That's what a true leader is. This is something I would love to bring to the staff team. The server needs leaders for the new players to look up to. I will be that guy!

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details

Other than the warn, nope!

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:

None!

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

I do work a lot its just required in the job. Winters i'm way more free but summers is when I have long hours. Cant give an exact but I would like to say 15-30 hours per week.

Edited by DrakeR
Fixing Format
  • Agree 3

*Edited his application so I'm editing my answer*

This is very well done, good job! I already gave my points and you cleared up my issues so I'm just going to say I'm glad you took what I had into consideration and I'm going to give you a +1

Edited by PIuto

+1

If you would have asked for my referral before posting the application I would have given it to you lol. Anyways, although he's in GB with me, I've noticed really good behavior, communication, working well as a team, and a overall great guy. 

1 hour ago, PIuto said:

Your paragraph is scarce

I'm not sure if I'm seeing the post prior to editing or not, but we've let people in staff with MUCH worse paragraphs than this. Like I said before, imo referrals don't really mean anything, I look at them like extra points, it's nice to have but not a requirement. The warn for basecamp if I remember right was when he just started playing, everybody has a learning experience rather its being told or taking a warn.

The one thing I will say that can be improved on is not being known from all sides. I don't recall you having Tali whitelists prior to joining GB which wasn't long ago, but I mainly see you getting along well  with the people on US. If you do the same with AFG I'm sure I can cross this section out.

Anyways, fat +1 for me, keep up the good work and good luck!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, PIuto said:

Hey Drake, I'm going to first say you should've gotten known a lot more first.
Lets get into this anyways.

+ Older player proving to have possibly a higher maturity level than some players.
+ Decent time to contribute to the role

= No Staff Referrals
= Has 1 warn, but is otherwise clean

- Not known very much
- You applied with literally the bare minimum of hours
- Your paragraph is scarce; most of your two paragraphs list not many unique things and half of it is stuff that wont actually benefit the server. You have 3 sentences of things that would actually benefit the server and aren't the generic "Help the staff team, add another hand, be active" etc.

I'm going to give you a -1 sorry drake, I suggest trying to be a bit more active, get a bit more hours, and get known around the server a bit more.

Hello, I wanted to start off by saying thank you for your input. I appreciate you taking the time to give me some input. I would love to see what I can do to get your plus 1. 

I do have a couple questions that I would love to ask you and get your response on.

Why is being known a big deal, I personally don't see any issues with not being a "Known Player". It does not have any effects on how I will staff or who I am as a person.

Activity wise, I am the most active GB Enlisted. I am on everyday other than the past week when I had my LOA. Other than that I have been on. 

Last I have updated my paragraphs to add a few more specific details that I believe I was missing and that I hope you see that I have included.

Again thank you so much for your input!

3 hours ago, Reeper said:

+1

If you would have asked for my referral before posting the application I would have given it to you lol. Anyways, although he's in GB with me, I've noticed really good behavior, communication, working well as a team, and a overall great guy. 

I'm not sure if I'm seeing the post prior to editing or not, but we've let people in staff with MUCH worse paragraphs than this. Like I said before, imo referrals don't really mean anything, I look at them like extra points, it's nice to have but not a requirement. The warn for basecamp if I remember right was when he just started playing, everybody has a learning experience rather its being told or taking a warn.

The one thing I will say that can be improved on is not being known from all sides. I don't recall you having Tali whitelists prior to joining GB which wasn't long ago, but I mainly see you getting along well  with the people on US. If you do the same with AFG I'm sure I can cross this section out.

I also want to thank you for your input as well. I thought about it and you were not on at the time. I do plan on playing a little Tali but I am having a lot of fun in GB that it makes me not want to go Tali side. 

Thank you again!

4 hours ago, Reeper said:

+1

I simply critique applications, my decision on them personally goes towards a lot more and the application only takes about 1/6th of the things I take into consideration. He applied with the bare minimum hours, I personally havn't seen him very often let alone know him, I believe he may be good especially with your backing however I've yet to see anything from him

Drake, if you're capable of interacting with Taliban and if I see you a bit more I may change my decision.

Edited by PIuto
34 minutes ago, PIuto said:

I simply critique applications, my decision on them personally goes towards a lot more and the application only takes about 1/6th of the things I take into consideration. He applied with the bare minimum hours, I personally havn't seen him very often let alone know him, I believe he may be good especially with your backing however I've yet to see anything from him

Drake, if you're capable of interacting with Taliban and if I see you a bit more I may change my decision.

I will work on tali side some more, Thanks for the input and I hope I can get you to change your score. Have a great Night!

Hey Drake thanks for the application🙂
I haven't seen you much in game nor have I ever interacted with you but your application carries some great key points to being staff. Although you do have low hours, you meet the minimum requirement and I think giving you a shot would be a good idea. It's cool to see newer guys want to apply and work with the team on keeping this server great. You seem to have a great mindset, just might need to improve on activity as well as being known from both sides like previously said. Good luck buddy!

+1

+1

Drake has the dedication to learn and to grow better, he has the potential to be an excellent staff member who treats members of the server kindly while also correctly enforcing the rules. 

On 3/16/2022 at 9:37 PM, DrakeR said:

One thing that I do pride myself in is that I am very quick at picking things up and communication. If I don't know the answer I will make sure that I find the answer and pass that info along.

This also says a lot ^^^^^^^

On 3/17/2022 at 1:50 PM, PIuto said:

*Edited his application so I'm editing my answer*

This is very well done, good job! I already gave my points and you cleared up my issues so I'm just going to say I'm glad you took what I had into consideration and I'm going to give you a +1

Thank you so much!

4 hours ago, Rust said:

Hey Drake thanks for the application🙂
I haven't seen you much in game nor have I ever interacted with you but your application carries some great key points to being staff. Although you do have low hours, you meet the minimum requirement and I think giving you a shot would be a good idea. It's cool to see newer guys want to apply and work with the team on keeping this server great. You seem to have a great mindset, just might need to improve on activity as well as being known from both sides like previously said. Good luck buddy!

+1

Thank you. Been trying to get on Tali side some more!

4 hours ago, Krim said:

+1

Drake has the dedication to learn and to grow better, he has the potential to be an excellent staff member who treats members of the server kindly while also correctly enforcing the rules. 

This also says a lot ^^^^^^^

Thank you so much for the feedback!

3 hours ago, Gabeisthat said:

+1 Drake's a great guy has a amazing paragraph and has great points. Another reason for my fat plus one is you have other staff experience with fivem and rust so I bet you are perfect for this job best of luck to you buddy

Thank you for your feedback. It means a lot!

Your paragraphs alone are probably the best I've seen in my time on the server and it can tell that you put genuine work and effort into creating this, I'm pretty sure you put more work into this then I did with my last English essay. From what I can tell you truly seem to understand what you are wanting to get yourself into and would excel as a staff member. Though I haven't had very many experiences with you in game I can that you would be able to make an amazing staff member, I personal really enjoyed your point on leadership. I will gladly give you a +1 here and hope that I can get a chance to talk with you in teamspeak or discord sometime to get to know you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1