DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Claiming Printers and Deployable Keypad Cracker Buff (and Cameras)

Bizzy

NONE OF THIS IS CONFIRMED 100%

Here are some of the things I've done that can potentially be added in the coming updates if the community seems to be for it and nutter butter is down

Lets be honest...

Right now, the meta is:

- Build a base with a tight ass entrance 

- Buy printers from other people

- Sit inside for hours at a time and never get raided because it's impossible/pointless since you can disconnect and printers vanish

- Become a trillionaire

Here are some ways we can shake it up a little bit 😄

Printer claiming

- If you successfully raid a base, you will be able to claim the printers, so that if the printer owner disconnects, they wont disappear.

- The printers are automatically destroyed after 2 hours if claimed

- The original printer owner will not be able to rebuy printers (even if they reconnect) until their original printers are destroyed.

- Printer farmers will still be able to buy other peoples printers, they just shouldn't claim them because they'll end up blowing up after 2 hours

spacer.png

One major flaw to this...

The main issue with this was it would be terrible for new players who can't build good bases. They'd get completely gutted by more experienced players who'll just come and claim their printers for two hours...

The solution: (Shoutout to @TheBigMike for this idea):

I've made a separate printer (which would be cheaper) that can only be upgraded 2-3 levels (whatever garnet sets it at). This lower tier printer CAN NOT be claimed and will serve as a replacement for people with less money who can't even afford all the crazy upgrades

spacer.png

So basically printer claiming will incentivize yall to raid, and incentivize yall to build better bases 😄

Also, if someones printer gets claimed, they're more likely to RP as another job (like pd) until their printers explode

And now for the more controversial one...

Deployable Keypad Cracker Buff

spacer.png

What this buff can potentially bring:

- Deployable keypad crackers will now be stackable. Meaning, you can have more than one at a time. There has not been a decision on how they will be sold to players (BMD, NPC, or F4 Menu), but you'll be able to get into a base just using deployable keypad crackers

- Fading doors will open for a LOT longer. This number hasn't been decided (Garnet wants 30 seconds but thats too pussy) I think something more like 1-2 minutes would do the trick

spacer.png

- Also, so this isn't too OP. You will be notified if a keypad cracker is placed on one of your keypads

spacer.png

What is the point of this?

Be honest, those bases with tight ass entrances are impossible to raid, so theres no point in even trying. One step in and your cocked by a dragon lore. If you get together in groups and use deployable keypad crackers, your chances of raiding successfully are a lot higher, and it forces people to be more creative with their base building

Also, whats the point of printer claiming if you can't even get into a base 😞

Cameras 

I still don't know why cameras we're disabled, but I'm looking into getting whatever they were removed for fixed (like making them not physgunnable, or whatever). Don't get too excited tho I have no information about this yet

Again, none of this is confirmed 100%. Please let us know your thoughts on this potential update. Since it would kinda of shake up the concept of raiding/basing currently, any suggestions help. Thx 🙂

tldr; fuck u lazy ass read the shit

Edited by bizzylogin
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 2
  • Spicy 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Not so much a +1/-1 but more of a hypothetical. If someone steals my printer, claims it, but I steal it back, will my printer still explode? If there is a non-exploitable way for the owner of the printer to reclaim it as their own that would be a great addition.

Now for an actual +1/-1. Total +1. DarkRP meta is too strong, and in a way, stale. Any way to crack into a base and whoop a level 95 with 85 gorillian dollars  without being cooked by a DLore is great. 

• Agree 2
19 minutes ago, Deft said:

Not so much a +1/-1 but more of a hypothetical. If someone steals my printer, claims it, but I steal it back, will my printer still explode? If there is a non-exploitable way for the owner of the printer to reclaim it as their own that would be a great addition.

Now for an actual +1/-1. Total +1. DarkRP meta is too strong, and in a way, stale. Any way to crack into a base and whoop a level 95 with 85 gorillian dollars  without being cooked by a DLore is great. 

If someone steals your printer and you steal it back. It'll still explode after the 2 hours from when it was initially claimed, it will not explode. This is to prevent people constantly disconnecting then reconnecting after an hour and reclaiming their printers from their friends so they don't have to rebuy the printers.

Also, once a printer is claimed from the initial owner, it can be claimed by someone else but the 2 hour timer will not reset. That would mess it up for the original owner because now it can take longer than 2 hours for them to be able to rebuy printers

+1 i’m entirely down for this !! let’s fkn do it 

edit : i think the deployable being sold by the black market dealer would be a good idea. it’ll give the job another good reason to exist. 

Edited by smileeface
  • Agree 1

I've been feeling that GarnetGaming as a DarkRP server has been getting stale and unmoving in terms of "the meta," in fact I'm putting together my own suggestion on how to shake things up. I think that Bizzy's suggestions as outlined are great and would go a long way in promoting player interaction with both the server and each other - let's face it, if most of your time on a game is spent watching Youtube in 20 minute segments, you're not playing a game.

Khajiit rates this a definite +1.

• 300 IQ 1
  • Agree 2

Update:

Everything's already done and pretty much in the testing phase

Just need @Nutter to test with me and then hopefully we can adjust things where needed and yall will see it on the server asap 😄

(Also, you will not be able to toggle your fading door when it gets cracked by the deployable cracker, so once it's open, its open ;))

• Spicy 2
15 hours ago, MoonDoge said:

why are bizzy's ideas always fire? i don't get it

his squad system causes lua errors! 

but in all seriousness, I like this suggestion huge +1 overall this would make drp a bit less bland not gonna lie

• Informative 1
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
On 3/23/2022 at 9:00 PM, bizzylogin said:

The main issue with this was it would be terrible for new players who can't build good bases. They'd get completely gutted by more experienced players who'll just come and claim their printers for two hours...

Love the idea, the one other thing I see is if you have an agreement (Like normal) to buy someone's printers, and then people can claim them right before the agreed upon time is up for an free extra 2 hours. Overall I like the work youre putting in here +1

• Like 1
On 3/23/2022 at 8:00 PM, bizzylogin said:

spacer.png

The solution: (Shoutout to @TheBigMike for this idea):

I've made a separate printer (which would be cheaper) that can only be upgraded 2-3 levels (whatever garnet sets it at). This lower tier printer CAN NOT be claimed and will serve as a replacement for people with less money who can't even afford all the crazy upgrades

spacer.png

Is there anything stopping other players from just claiming this printer? I mean money is money and xp is xp, so you can bet on people trying to take that too.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
1 hour ago, xFish said:

Is there anything stopping other players from just claiming this printer? I mean money is money and xp is xp, so you can bet on people trying to take that too

On 3/23/2022 at 9:00 PM, bizzylogin said:

CAN NOT be claimed and will serve as a replacement for people with less money who can't even afford all the crazy upgrades

This should answer your question, there will be no claim function on the other printer.

I'm curious though Bizzy, will these lower tier printers be able to simply be stolen in general? Or would raiders only be allowed to destroy these, especially since it's aimed for more low level people (and 2-3 levels yields nothing for the common person lvl 20+)

I also think high ranking staff should possibly have a way to reverse it, in case some dude fail raids and just claims all of someone's printers, etc. Or can people take their own printers back and stop the countdown that way?

The statement above also ties into this, but what stops someone from claiming printers before they finish a raid as well? Sure they might get a warn, but how do we then save that person's printers that are now going to explode in 2 hours.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Agree 1