DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Silent One - Staff Application

In-game name: Silent One

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_1:1:50906656

Warns: 0

Timezone: EST 

Playtime?: 133:01:24 (plus roughly 200 hours before the wipe) 

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes 

Referral(s):  @MoonDoge and @Salteeeens

Past experiences as staff: 

-Garnet Gaming DarkRP Moderator (2016)

-Garnet Gaming DarkRP Trial Moderator (2018)

-Saints DarkRP Manager (2015-2016)

-POG 1942 RP Trial Moderator (2017)

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

Let me first start off by saying that it is great to be back. This is my 3rd time applying as a staff member on Garnet Gaming and hopefully my last (my other 2 stints were cut short due to various personal obstacles that came up unexpectedly). My experience on Garnet Gaming between 2016-2018 was quite literally, the best. At the end of the day, Garry's Mod is a game, but the people I met during those 2 years had a profound impact on my life as friends to the point that I still talk to a few of them to this day and it's been surreal to reflect and realize it's been 6 years. Even people I didn't initially mesh well with at the start eventually turned out to be great people and great staff. Unfortunately, most of the former staff that I served with (Settings, Evity, Grace, Vernon, Jake, Terminotor, Waco, IAreCrow, Waypoint, iBatman, etc) are no longer here and while it's great they moved on, but I'll remember the impact they had on my time at Garnet Gaming. It is however great to see some people I do remember still walking around - VeraFly, IAreGunner, and TheDudeAbides. 

One of the reasons I think I should be considered over other applicants is my personality and my commitment. It is unfortunate that I was not able to continuously stay on as a staff member - but during my last 2 years of high school I was dealing with Chronic Migraines that made it almost impossible to get on my computer let alone be a staff member in this community which is an extenuating circumstance I did not expect to come up. However, I've finished my 2nd year of college now and I'm ready to get back in the groove of things. My commitment I hope is evident through the fact I was staff on 2 previous occasions and the fact I'm back now. One of the other things that I believe gives me a huge edge is my confident and laid-back personality. The benefit of being a previous staff member is that I was only 14-16 at the time and learned a lot from my mistakes and I was described as one of the most relaxed people for my age. I'm confident about the decisions I'll make in a sit and won't second guess myself and I'm laid-back to the point that I don't yell, get angry, or emotional easily. While being a previous staff member doesn't automatically mean you'll be a good one again, the ability to say you've matured and grew since then is a valuable asset.

The last huge reason I think I should be considered over other applicants is my ability to work with others and learn fast. As someone that played Football and Lacrosse in high school, I learned that working with others as a team is an integral part of being successful in life. And I bring and reflect that culture while on Garnet. I'm not toxic, I laugh more than I get mad, I try to make the best of things, and I learn things quickly that they never have to be repeated to me. All these components are important for someone wanting to be a staff member on Garnet. A big testament to that is Settings commenting on my old application that he doesn't recall having any issues with me before when I was a staff member under him.

For those I have not yet met or interacted with, I do hope I get to meet you at some point and I look forward to encountering new people and making more great memories. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? No

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Yes, 2016 and 2018. 

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Roughly 4-6 hours per day. 

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? Club soccer, part-time internship, fundraiser project that I founded in 2016

Did you read the staff rules?: Silent One

Edited by The Silent One
1 hour ago, lmay said:

I know you have been staff here before, but it doesn't justify the fact that you're reapplying a bit quick. I've only seen you in-game the past 2 days, never once before that. I'm not here to put you down, but I do feel like you should stick around a little longer before reapplying so quickly. The server has changed quite a lot since 2018, the community is made up of a lot of new people, and you should definitely get to know the "modern playerbase" before jumping back into staffing. I also fear that by moderating again so quickly after just returning, you and your passion for staffing will burn out fast.

-1 for the time being. My opinion may or may not change based on what others have to say about you.

Absolutely understandable. The only thing I will say is that up until 2 days ago I had final exams and hence I would be on for an hour or two early morning or late late night and that's probably why you haven't seen me before. I've been back for about 9 days though. I also wouldn't ever justify just me being a previous staff member as a reason that I deserve to be staff now - that wouldn't be fair to the community nor myself. I also wouldn't be applying now unless I feel that I have a deep grasp of the new knowledge and information. I've gone up to new staff members and asked about clarifications on the new rules that I was initially confused about and I've been involved a lot in basing with other people and introducing myself to players I meet in an effort to get to know the new player base. It is also why I said I look forward to meeting those who I have not yet had any interaction with yet.

To your last point, I disagree to be honest. My passion for moderating wouldn't burn out, it never really did. Just the unfortunate circumstances that physically prevented me from continuing to be a moderator. 

I hope this answer is somewhat satisfactory to you and cheers. 

Edited by The Silent One
1 hour ago, The Silent One said:

Absolutely understandable. The only thing I will say is that up until 2 days ago I had final exams and hence I would be on for an hour or two early morning or late late night and that's probably why you haven't seen me before. I've been back for about 9 days though. I also wouldn't ever justify just me being a previous staff member as a reason that I deserve to be staff now - that wouldn't be fair to the community nor myself. I also wouldn't be applying now unless I feel that I have a deep grasp of the new knowledge and information. I've gone up to new staff members and asked about clarifications on the new rules that I was initially confused about and I've been involved a lot in basing with other people and introducing myself to players I meet in an effort to get to know the new player base. It is also why I said I look forward to meeting those who I have not yet had any interaction with yet.

To your last point, I disagree to be honest. My passion for moderating wouldn't burn out, it never really did. Just the unfortunate circumstances that physically prevented me from continuing to be a moderator. 

I hope this answer is somewhat satisfactory to you and cheers. 

I appreciate your mature and understanding response. You've changed my mind, best of luck!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, The Silent One said:

Saints DarkRP Manager (2015-2016)

Ayyy I remember Saints. They had a prep/serious RP server also didn't they.

+1 I like and agree with the points you brought up and would like to see them man become a staff member once more.

• Like 1

Gotta be a +1 come on now

Your paragraphs are great, and your clearly an OG on this server, especially after reading what everyone else has said, I think its quite obvious, you seem very professional in this application, and all of your replies.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Confirming Referral

Based with this dude a few days ago and asked me a couple questions before making this staff app. Seems like a genuine player in the community and would be a great fit for the staff team.

nice app btw 🙂

Accepted

Welcome back to the staff team!

Do not use any commands or switch to staff on duty until you receive training by a Lead Mod+ and feel free to contact an Admin+ if you are having issues finding one!

Please contact a manager+ ingame to receive your rank.