What do you want to see added to SWRP?

9 hours ago, 1127_Nex said:

hasn't been any word on the HD/CGI

This one is on me. Right now we are looking for the best packs that are going to be “good looking” while also saving players more frames while playing. So this part will take time. 

As far as tracking updates if you visit: https://trello.com/b/Co99BSvC/garnetgaming-starwarsrp

you can see the progress of updates 

I believe creating more situations for passive RP where people have to actually interact with certain characters or situations on base would be fantastic. Try to create non-disruptive situations that wouldn't get in the way of battalion trainings or tryouts. (Utalize engineers for a pipe burst in the wall, someone suspicious infiltrated the base and you meed CG to find them, medics need to treat injured locals, ect.) Keep in mind that you don't want to force RP situations, and they shouldn't be too disruptive.

Would love to see GM's utilize the SIM training room more often. If they could spawn in training dupes to run through courses or even have Battalion competitions that would be a great thing to have in between events.

A change in scenery is always an easy choice. Every few months or so I think having a server base map change is a simple but effective way to spruce things up and keep things from getting stale. It also gives GM's more and different possibilities for RP situations that interact with the environment that might not have been possible with previous map rotations. Being stationed on a venator whereas a planet side base could bring out different RP situations and vice versa.

14 hours ago, Grand_Daddy_Drew said:

2) Add a Bail / Bond NPC outside of Brig 

the jail time is punishment, if mark with his obscene riches could come and free every minge that goes around killing then CG can only arrest them again. A bail/bond npc doesn't add anything positive to the server and instead gives people a direct method of circumventing CG

• Agree 3
22 hours ago, Orangexex said:

add darkrp to swrp. allow clones to build bases and grow spice

I've always imagined a SWRP server where the Republic/Old Republic is one organization you could join, with CIS/Old Empire being its alternative, then merchant/bounty hunter/locals/police factions as alternatives. With a map like coruscant below, you could have factions owning parts of the map (cartel owns the club, merchants own the mine, etc) and a much bigger focus on faction politics/faction wars/etc to lead server interest than GM-led events (doesnt mean they wouldnt exist). But all in all, it would take a ton of coordination to make that work, as well as a complete revamp so I wouldn't count on it. I wanted to bring it up anyways because DRP is very successful at what it does as a gamemode. It lets players be individuals and has potential for extreme competition between players/groups. Competition is always an aspect on RP servers that is sought out, even in the PvE ones.

The take away being, while this dude memeing a lil, it might be something to think about and develop ideas off of. This was my way of thinking with creating Requisitions (essentially gun dealers) and while it had technical difficulties that made it hard to play, the RP we got out of it was a lot of fun. 

Edited by Ziggy
  • Friendly 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
30 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I've always imagined a SWRP server where the Republic/Old Republic is one organization you could join, with CIS/Old Empire being its alternative, then merchant/bounty hunter/locals/police factions as alternatives. With a map like coruscant below, you could have factions owning parts of the map (cartel owns the club, merchants own the mine, etc) and a much bigger focus on faction politics/faction wars/etc to lead server interest than GM-led events (doesnt mean they wouldnt exist). But all in all, it would take a ton of coordination to make that work, as well as a complete revamp so I wouldn't count on it. I wanted to bring it up anyways because DRP is very successful at what it does as a gamemode. It lets players be individuals and has potential for extreme competition between players/groups. Competition is always an aspect on RP servers that is sought out, even in the PvE ones.

While it sounds fun on paper, it essentially turns the server into serious DRP with a star wars coat of paint over it. I think it could work, but not for this server. A whole new server would have to open just because throwing away everything suddenly would just suck. I like how it is now with having two small factions that aren't clones and have their own interests, I don't want to make a significant portion of the server into that. 

11 hours ago, FestiveCowZilla said:

the jail time is punishment, if mark with his obscene riches could come and free every minge that goes around killing then CG can only arrest them again. A bail/bond npc doesn't add anything positive to the server and instead gives people a direct method of circumventing CG

I'm now gonna release all of the ones that you arrest

In all honesty it doesn’t make sense to use a map that was created and used elsewhere.  I have no idea what creating a custom map would take, but having a perma prop over a logo is just a bit odd.  I think we should have a new map, custom for gg swrp.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Agree 1
On 5/25/2022 at 12:06 AM, Grand_Daddy_Drew said:

2) Add a Bail / Bond NPC outside of Brig 

I feel like a Bail NPC would not be a good idea, as CG arrest people for some FailRP cases, some RDM cases, and if some random trooper comes up and bails them, they will just keep being weird. Alternatively, we can make a system (if there isn't already) where an NCO or Officer can request for a Military Trial for an imprisoned trooper and actually have a dispute about it. This way, CG will have an extra role as perhaps a judge (navy can also fill this role), have some added benefit of giving CG some RP during downtime as well as maintaining false arrests and allowing arrested troopers to speak for themselves. In other words no bail npc, add a Military Trial system where NCO+ can request a trial for imprisoned troops, then some officer/NCO of their regiment will go before a judge (CG or Navy) and judge will rule if their innocent or guilty.i'm not sure if this is already a thing because i haven't played in months.

On 5/25/2022 at 10:22 AM, Fonza said:

A map rotation every 2 weeks.

I would be interested to see this, but I'm a bit worried about how much editing Garnet and other devs will have to do to the maps to implement this.

A little suggestion of my own, add a scoreboard somewhere on the map (hall of fame or something) that lists regiments by score that is given to the regiments by getting kills or manually awarded by Navy in the event of a specific regiment performing well. This would promote regiments to actually be effective and have incentive for regiments to structure themselves well. It could also double as a way to track individual player's contribution if it were to be fleshed out to that point (I'm thinking of COs of elite squads looking at the scoreboard for their enlisted's performance before promoting them). However, since I know nothing of Lua or anything else, I cannot say for certain it would be easy to implement. But just the idea of having a board for ranking regiments based on things like number of troops, kills, deaths, friendly kills, etc sounds cool.

Edited by Kicks
4 minutes ago, Kicks said:

A little suggestion of my own, add a scoreboard somewhere on the map (hall of fame or something) that lists regiments by score that is given to the regiments by getting kills or manually awarded by Navy in the event of a specific regiment performing well. This would promote regiments to actually be effective and have incentive for regiments to structure themselves well. It could also double as a way to track individual player's contribution if it were to be fleshed out to that point (I'm thinking of COs of elite squads looking at the scoreboard for their enlisted's performance before promoting them). However, since I know nothing of Lua or anything else, I cannot say for certain it would be easy to implement. But just the idea of having a board for ranking regiments based on things like number of troops, kills, deaths, friendly kills, etc sounds cool.

Harry Potter house cup lol

• Agree 1
6 hours ago, Bizzy said:

Im not even kidding i wanna see an anti croissant guard faction

and duels

and vapes

disagree/negative react for 10 years of bad luck

bruhhhh 🥺😔

12 hours ago, tdizz said:

the only thing missing in my time of playing swrp was events on downtime, its boring sitting around not doing anything.

On 5/25/2022 at 5:55 PM, TheSmith said:

Our suggestions were basically pointed at possible solutions to the "downtime" situation that we have. Unsure how people feel about them though