SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:51605285
Warns: None
Timezone: EST
Playtime?
 [minimum 100 hours, use /playtime in-game]: 826 Hours
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: 
[YES]
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: [YES]
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] At this time I don't have any referrals, 
Past experiences as staff:  [Yes] I was staff during the summer of 2019, I left sometime that year because of school getting in the way.
How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs]: *FYI* As people have pointed out I didn't originally write a long staff app, I mainly did this to get to the point, below is my updated application.

Being a staff of a server is not hard, that said it does require the right type of person. This person has to be Charismatic, Logical and Dedicated. 3 traits that I believe I excel in. As staff you have to act like a lawyer, handing down judgments and upholding detailed laws, This requires a logical mindset that I have. It requires the ability to be as caring as a therapist (God knows some of the players here need it.) And lastly, you need to be dedicated, if my hours don't show this then I'm sorry idk what would. I'm not perfect but I am the person for this role, My experience as staff on this server shows this, and I have experience as staff on many other servers as well. 

Enough about how I'm qualified, how will I contribute and make their server better. First I work in Information Technology as a Systems administrator meaning given time I can assist with any major issues relating to server issues. I also have a large amount of experience setting up servers and handling custom configurations for plugins. More short-term things I can help with are documentation, I have a large knowledge of excel and google sheet functions, and I can use this to make automatic statistics and analytics for staff along with counters and automate a lot of paperwork functions.

Relating to ingame stuff I can help with would be creating fun and interactive missions and RP-based events for the gamemasters to do to make engagement higher and make the player experience better. The most important issue that the server needs to address is the current downline of the server's population. This is mostly due to the last interactive activities to do between wars. My goal if I become a staff will be to brainstorm and create ideas to change this and make the server better.

Thank you for your time.

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details: Based on my memory no. I have not had any issues with staff or players.
Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Yes, I made an application in 2019 that was accepted
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I am available most afternoons passed 5 PM

Edited by MattWatson
Updated Paragraphs
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1

While I don’t really have any experience with you, that is sort of my issue. After talking with others, as I know I haven’t been the most active myself, it doesn’t seem like you’ve made much effort to get to know the community. I’ve definitely seen you on, and as I said I’m not the most active, I just don’t see you trying to get to know people at all in teamspeak or discord. Because of this I just find it hard to believe claims you make in your application. If you got to know the community more through time then I don’t see much reason to have a problem with you in staff. Having no referrals seems to also show this issue as well. Even though I’ve had no issues with you, from my experience applying for MRP staff, referrals from mods who have a pretty decent opinion of you aren’t uncommon.

9 hours ago, Geoffy said:

While I don’t really have any experience with you, that is sort of my issue. After talking with others, as I know I haven’t been the most active myself, it doesn’t seem like you’ve made much effort to get to know the community. I’ve definitely seen you on, and as I said I’m not the most active, I just don’t see you trying to get to know people at all in teamspeak or discord. Because of this I just find it hard to believe claims you make in your application. If you got to know the community more through time then I don’t see much reason to have a problem with you in staff. Having no referrals seems to also show this issue as well. Even though I’ve had no issues with you, from my experience applying for MRP staff, referrals from mods who have a pretty decent opinion of you aren’t uncommon.

Hi Geoffy

I try to be active within the TeamSpeak and in-game with more than my local faction. Unfortunately, most of the channels in garnets TeamSpeak are locked where people tend to hang out. I'd like to get to know others better so please feel free to hop into the army chat which is always unlocked, Would love to meet some more chill people. When it comes to my referrals, I purposely went out of my way not to ask, I feel asking for referrals is like asking people to support you directly, Id prefer to get staff using my own name and reputation than the reputation of others.

-1, while the intention is most definitely there, a little more work should be put in to relay that. Definitely improve the paragraph and you will be fine.

Its never too late, edit and improve your paragraphs and who knows what might happen

Good luck!

Edited by ShinyAtlas
  • Agree 1
13 hours ago, MattWatson said:

Hi Geoffy

I try to be active within the TeamSpeak and in-game with more than my local faction. Unfortunately, most of the channels in garnets TeamSpeak are locked where people tend to hang out. I'd like to get to know others better so please feel free to hop into the army chat which is always unlocked, Would love to meet some more chill people. When it comes to my referrals, I purposely went out of my way not to ask, I feel asking for referrals is like asking people to support you directly, Id prefer to get staff using my own name and reputation than the reputation of others.

I completely understand, but I think just give it some time. I’m sure you’re a great guy, just gotta let the community that exists now get to know you.

-1 I don’t really know you and I don’t think I’ve seen you active in the discord and paragraphs you need 2 lol I’m not trying to like diss you but I’d say put some more work into the community of military RP and see what happens!

On 6/20/2022 at 9:11 PM, ShinyAtlas said:

-1, while the intention is most definitely there, a little more work should be put in to relay that. Definitely improve the paragraph and you will be fine.

Its never too late, edit and improve your paragraphs and who knows what might happen

Good luck!

Thank you for the suggestion, I have gone ahead and put my intentions on paper. Even if you don't change your mind I hope you understand what I'm looking to do.