Ten10868's Staff Application

In-game name: Ten10868 DaB
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:122075510
Warns: 0 
Timezone: EST
Playtime?:| ten10868 DaB has played for 490:16:01.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] N/A
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] Garnet gaming multiple times over 3 years
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

Hey everyone, it's been a while. I’ve wanted to be back on staff since my demotion, it has always been one of the most fun parts of gmod for me. I'm gonna open this application by talking about what happened last time I was on staff. For anyone unaware about a year and a half ago all of Bass was demoted for a significant act of staff abuse. I was among the people demoted for this. I want to take a moment to say, despite what I said at the time, I was guilty, I absolutely did it. I remember a manager asking me if I was pressured into doing it or anything of the sort, but ultimately it doesn’t matter if there was pressure. I am an adult and I made the decision to do it. I immediately regretted doing it, regardless of how I felt about the individual I shouldn’t have done something like that as I knew it would ruin that person's fun with the game. You can see that I realized I was doing wrong with them as they all got on and MRDM’d the following day, and I stayed out of it. This isn’t some kind of apology post, I already said sorry to the individual immediately after it happened and there's nobody else I really feel obligated to apologize to, the purpose of this paragraph is to show I know what I did was wrong and to have 100% transparency within this app. Although I knew I wasn’t blacklisted from staff like the rest of the group was, I made sure to contact Proggy and ask if he minded that I reapply, and he had no objections. I know this is a glaring reason I shouldn’t be staff, and I understand any -1’s I get as a result of it. And @BINLADINHOE if you see this my bad, I'll make it up to you somehow someday.

Now I’ll move on to reasons I believe I SHOULD be staff. I have been on staff multiple times through the past roughly 3 years, and in this time (besides the final time obviously) I have received no kind of punishment for any staff actions I’ve taken. I was told by multiple players that I was their favorite staff member, and continued to be told that until the final demotion. I always help people in game whenever I can, and if you pay attention to OOC you’ll see me answering peoples questions whenever I know the answer. I have been a crew lead at the company I work for so I have more experience dealing with people now, and in my last 2 yearly reviews I received the highest possible score in working with others. I don’t want to risk losing the rank again because I genuinely enjoy being a staff member a lot, so I wont be doing anything else dumb like last time. I feel like the staff team could use a little bit of bulking up, especially since Garnet has even more players now than when I stopped playing. As a result it’s harder and harder for the staff team to keep up with reports, and having another staff member who already knows what they’re doing could be very helpful to this. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details demotion, discussed above.
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: A few times over the course of 3 years
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: ~2 hours during the week, 2-8 on the weekends
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I've been getting back into playing saxophone, photography, and doing electrical work.
Did you read the staff rules?: Ten10868 ❤️

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

+1 

Never met this individual myself. But looking at his app I can see how genuine of a person he seems to be. I think he might be a good fit for the staff team (as long as he’s actually changed from staff abusing)

• Like 2
On 7/2/2022 at 9:19 PM, Jaz- said:

+1 

Never met this individual myself. But looking at his app I can see how genuine of a person he seems to be. I think he might be a good fit for the staff team (as long as he’s actually changed from staff abusing)

+1 as well. I do not stick my neck out for just anyone and maybe you have changed since that year to year and a half ago, don't disappoint us.

Edited by Hendersonyt
Grammer fix
  • Like 2
  • Forums Moderator

+1

You know what, this might surprise people but I'm going to go with a +1 here. I will say that I've always been really hard on those who staff-abuse or otherwise break rules but I do believe people change and grow through life and you've said that this was one and a half years ago, plus you say Proggy doesn't have objections to you joining the team. Not only that but you refused to follow along with the others when they decided to mass, and you're ban record is clean to prove it. As you said, I think this was just a big mistake and I believe you've demonstrated that you have moved past it now and given enough time to change.

Moving on, you have a really decent number of hours in-game and you already understand what's involved, having been staff previously. I'm not sure whether I've met you in game but others say they've had good interactions with you. I can't really fault anything about your application and you seem like a honest and reasonable person in all you've said, and so I wish you the best of luck!

• Like 2

+1  Staff experience 

+1 good playtime 

+1 beefy paragraphs

- past  demotion

Overall Application

let me start off by saying that Ten is one of the friendliest people I've ever met on this server. I've personally never had any negative experiences with Ten. I always see him helping players and showing kindness to others on the server. I never knew that you were demoted I truly believed that you changed as you have shown it to me that you are capable of being  staff. I personally believe in second chances and think that we shouldn't deny someone completely based off of their past but rather by their character and how they portray themselves on the server. I myself don't have a great past on the server but I was able to change and I believe that you did as well so I'm going to give you a huge  +1

Bluey -  Senior Moderator

• Like 1

Me and ten were staff together back in those days and honestly he was one of the best at that time. He knows the rules VERY well and has always had great interactions with the community. Id love to have him on the team again. +1

• Friendly 1

+1

i like u, u seem cool tbh, i understand the demotion was there but its always good to have someone with prior staff experience, if anything happens this time around then there will be looks into blacklist from staff im guessing, so try your best, you got this

• Like 2