Well Silverstone was a great but could’ve gone better

Gruels

Just recently seen Silverstone and no didn’t go cause I have covid the 2nd time I have it dam I feel awful.So well it was tragic at the start when Zho survived a big impact was scary I’m glad that these F1 Cars have halo on it. that’s like the 3rd time I seen something similar to this (Romain Grosjean  ,Max VerstappenZho Guanyu) after the restart  I saw Max slowing down “I ran over a bit of carbon keep checking the car.Tyres are not looking lovely.Keep checking the car” and I predicted yep that’s not the tyres it’s the underbody I was disappointed to hear this.But I was fucking annoyed and excited that Perez gets overtaken by Hamilton and then overtakes him. Glad to see Perez P2 but should have overtaken Carlos.
That sums up F1 Silverstone best/worst bits by. And yes I am a red bull fan and I Enjoy watching Max fight a win Podiums  -Gruels

• Forums Moderator
10 hours ago, Gruels said:

And yes I am a red bull fan and I Enjoy watching Max fight a win Podiums

Same here! Red Bull have always had exciting races and Max is a very talented driver for sure! 😄 I always get excited for the Silverstone GP being on home soil. It was a shame that there was the big accident on turn 1 though and it's unfortunate that Max was slower as a result of it, but P7 wasn't bad considering I guess. And it's awesome that Checo was up on the podium in P2, I think he's an underrated driver honestly and has so much potential as well as being a superb team player. Hamilton did quite well with P3 and it's cool to see him in the top three on his home track. But Ferrari are absolutly nailing it this season, I'm actually kind of rooting for them considering it's been quite some time since they have been well up in the points.

10 hours ago, Gruels said:

glad that these F1 Cars have halo on it.

And yes I agree. When they first added the halo I remember hating the idea and saying how much it restricts their vision etc. But in actual fact they have been able to race well and it's actually saved lives already, so I changed my mind and I think it's a brilliant idea now.

Hope you feel better soon with your covid mate 🙂

Silverstone was totally packed with excitement. The Zho crash was freaking nuts (how the hell did he just walk that off without a scratch and return to the paddock before the race was even over?), the restart between Max and Carlos was a great battle, the drama at Ferrari with Carlos and Charles, Max having underbody damage gave Carlos and the rest of the P2'ers a good chance of a win, and of course the safety car restart battle where Carlos secured his first win, and 5 different cars fighting for P2 was freaking amazing. I was at the edge of my seat watching the intense battle between Charles, Lewis, and Checo. And of course, Checo going from last freaking place to P2 was the icing to top it all off.

So nah I disagree, Silverstone always offers an exciting high speed show which becomes a season highlight, and I think this year totally delivered. And I'm a total Max/Checo/Red Bull fanboy as well.

9 hours ago, ChrisRid said:

Same here! Red Bull have always had exciting races and Max is a very talented driver for sure! 😄 I always get excited for the Silverstone GP being on home soil. It was a shame that there was the big accident on turn 1 though and it's unfortunate that Max was slower as a result of it, but P7 wasn't bad considering I guess. And it's awesome that Checo was up on the podium in P2, I think he's an underrated driver honestly and has so much potential as well as being a superb team player. Hamilton did quite well with P3 and it's cool to see him in the top three on his home track. But Ferrari are absolutly nailing it this season, I'm actually kind of rooting for them considering it's been quite some time since they have been well up in the points.

And yes I agree. When they first added the halo I remember hating the idea and saying how much it restricts their vision etc. But in actual fact they have been able to race well and it's actually saved lives already, so I changed my mind and I think it's a brilliant idea now.

Hope you feel better soon with your covid mate 🙂

Thanks man Appreciate the support but yeah can’t wait for Austria 

7 hours ago, UrdnotWrex said:

Silverstone was totally packed with excitement. The Zho crash was freaking nuts (how the hell did he just walk that off without a scratch and return to the paddock before the race was even over?), the restart between Max and Carlos was a great battle, the drama at Ferrari with Carlos and Charles, Max having underbody damage gave Carlos and the rest of the P2'ers a good chance of a win, and of course the safety car restart battle where Carlos secured his first win, and 5 different cars fighting for P2 was freaking amazing. I was at the edge of my seat watching the intense battle between Charles, Lewis, and Checo. And of course, Checo going from last freaking place to P2 was the icing to top it all off.

So nah I disagree, Silverstone always offers an exciting high speed show which becomes a season highlight, and I think this year totally delivered. And I'm a total Max/Checo/Red Bull fanboy as well.

Silverstone is a great track.I dunno if I said it was bad. And yeah Ferrari just make a bad decision for Charles.

33 minutes ago, Gruels said:

Silverstone is a great track.I dunno if I said it was bad. And yeah Ferrari just make a bad decision for Charles.

That's fair, and yeah I may have misread the title a bit. From a Christian Horner/Red Bull POV, the team's performance definitely could have been better. But for a viewer, oh boy did it deliver.

Onwards to Austria's Red Bull Ring, where Max always seem to crush it 🙂 

Archived