DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

pd raid rules

mossly

description: mayor is literally just a "how long until you get rdmed" game. people raid the pd just to kill cops and the mayor, thereby creating a pd ebb and flow without allowing any real tension to build.

suggestion:

Require a reason for PD raid and advance notice of 5min or so. It lengthens mayor time, increases drama and planning, and makes more sense.

Example reasons: 

-Remove law 4 (warned 5 mins ahead of time to give an opportunity to acquiesce)

-TAXES TOO HIGH (5 min); for this to work a threshold needs to be set that is "raidably high"

-freeing compatriots

etc.

For this to work, the reasons would need to be codified in the rules.

The cooldown ensures both sides are prepared whilst giving mr mayor an opportunity to capitulate to their demands. Needing a reason means that the mayor can actually interact with constituents rather than hiding. 

I think the forced stakes and organization will create a better RP environment and entice people to actually defend the PD and feel like their raids or defenses thereof have longer lasting effects. Raid cooldown like 20min or something

On top of this, mayor unable to remayor for 30min. 

Raiding the PD needs to be more than "legal rdm"

• Disagree 3
  • DarkRP Administration Team

While I do really like this idea, the reason for my -1 is for the added difficulty in terms of moderation. I think it would add a great dynamic to the RP aspect and I like the examples that you have given of ways in which the Mayor might react (such as lowering taxes, or abolishing a law, etc) as this is an interesting take. It's just that I can see a massive increase in reports with reasons such as "raided PD before 5 mins was up" or "I removed the law and they still raided the PD" or "adverted raid but didn't give any reason" or even "RDM? I was countered in the 5 mins before I could raid the PD". So it will undoubtably add a large number of additional reports. Plus when it comes to raid timers (cooldown etc) they definitely have a place, nobody wants to be raided repeatedly, but where possible I think it's better to avoid additional timers for simplicity and speed of handling reports. Like I say though, it's a great suggestion but just a little difficult to moderate perhaps 🙂 

• Agree 2
2 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

While I do really like this idea, the reason for my -1 is for the added difficulty in terms of moderation. I think it would add a great dynamic to the RP aspect and I like the examples that you have given of ways in which the Mayor might react (such as lowering taxes, or abolishing a law, etc) as this is an interesting take. It's just that I can see a massive increase in reports with reasons such as "raided PD before 5 mins was up" or "I removed the law and they still raided the PD" or "adverted raid but didn't give any reason" or even "RDM? I was countered in the 5 mins before I could raid the PD". So it will undoubtably add a large number of additional reports. Plus when it comes to raid timers (cooldown etc) they definitely have a place, nobody wants to be raided repeatedly, but where possible I think it's better to avoid additional timers for simplicity and speed of handling reports. Like I say though, it's a great suggestion but just a little difficult to moderate perhaps 🙂 

I think that removing the 5 min but still requiring a reason would also go a long way. 

• 5 weeks later...