DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Add a new rule to insure fairness while basing with others

LiL LaGGy

There should be a new rule to be added in the basing rules that will allow base members to briefly put up a building sign to pause all rp interactions of that base when the main base owner suddenly disconnects and all base defenses are down.

ex. there are multiple people in a base and the main base owner loses connection leaving the rest of the party defenseless and allows people from outside to easily get in and potentially call a sit against the members who were basing their with rdm as there would be no kos sign outside. Any person would be able to just walk in and destroy the valuables.

Adding this new rule will be able to make basing with others more secure and making the play experience more fair for those who were inside of that base.

• DarkRP Administration Team
43 minutes ago, LiL LaGGy said:

There should be a new rule to be added in the basing rules that will allow base members to briefly put up a building sign to pause all rp interactions of that base when the main base owner suddenly disconnects and all base defenses are down.

ex. there are multiple people in a base and the main base owner loses connection leaving the rest of the party defenseless and allows people from outside to easily get in and potentially call a sit against the members who were basing their with rdm as there would be no kos sign outside. Any person would be able to just walk in and destroy the valuables.

Adding this new rule will be able to make basing with others more secure and making the play experience more fair for those who were inside of that base.

Do u have any ideas on implementing this?

As bad as it can be to have the base owner randomly disconnect and all the valuables are exposed. I think this would be a nightmare to actually enforce properly, as you're asking to keep printers while building which is against the rules. I also feel like this is a bit of a non-issue to resolve and doesn't happen too often. 

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, 1998Corolla said:

As bad as it can be to have the base owner randomly disconnect and all the valuables are exposed. I think this would be a nightmare to actually enforce properly, as you're asking to keep printers while building which is against the rules. I also feel like this is a bit of a non-issue to resolve and doesn't happen too often. 

i am actually starting to see this happen pretty commonly as of recently it has happend two days in a row

• DarkRP Administration Team

Changing the rules to allow players to have a temporary building sign up (with printers) is bound to be widely exploited unfortunately, so while I understand your reasoning for wanting such a feature, it's too difficult to enforce.

In my experience if the base owner disconnects suddenly and providing there's no active raid, one of the party members will buy the doors and place a KOS sign while another places down the base dupe, and within 60 seconds you're back up and running again. So far this hasn't lead to being raided either personally, but even if it did, the likelihood of the base owner disconnecting and being raided in the following 60 seconds is so slim that it's not a major concern (to me at least), it's about as likely as someone dropping a Davy Crocket nearby which carries the same (or greater) risk.

7 hours ago, JIM_SATAN said:

gunner dumb reacting everything because he's too fucking stupid to think of a rebuttal that isn't just a "i don't like it"

no dumb fuck

i get why people would want this , but I can see it being abused and a waste of time for the mods/admins. Its easy to build a little quick entrance with a way to defend yourself. 

In a perfect world it’s a solid suggestion but, it’s gonna be abused and overtime I can see it being abused more then what’s it worth. 

Edited by IAreGunner
4 hours ago, IAreGunner said:

no dumb fuck

i get why people would want this , but I can see it being abused and a waste of time for the mods/admins. Its easy to build a little quick entrance with a way to defend yourself. 

In a perfect world it’s a solid suggestion but, it’s gonna be abused and overtime I can see it being abused more then what’s it worth. 

i mean just like any other situation without evidence the admins wouldn't have to do anything

• 1 month later...