MilitaryRP Update [9/24/2018]

Nutter

So how will vehicles work? Is there going to be a garage room you can you spawn them in? To be fairly honest, I really don't like the idea of vehicles, but I do at the same time. The map is really close quarters (Most of the time) and vehicles would make everything more fast paced (The weekly rotations make it already fast paced) and red bulls would be more useless. But the vehicles do combat base camping in a way, being able to leave base quicker could really help.

13 hours ago, Garnet said:

Garnet Gaming

War System

Fahk it bro, you people don't like slow wars

10 players can now cap an objective simultaneously, in 30 seconds tick intervals

Objectives can be captured in a minimum of 5 minutes and are no longer locked

Upon capturing an objective it is locked for 1 minute

The number of objectives has been reduced to 3, and will be rotated weekly.

This week's objectives are construction, company, and factory.

Vehicles

Added back!

No, you will not get your older vehicles back, and access will be heavily limited.

Russian Commando : Frogmen

Faction has been introduced

8a2ba7c0483db2af6f497cf1a00f2582.jpg

4b82e54dd176f7d37e1ed827c7e967cc.png

Who is leader (s) of this faction

13 hours ago, Oatlife said:

I never played back when garnet had vehicles but from the servers I have played on I feel like they never really fit.

Now, stop me if I'm wrong but I feel like the way the map is laid out, size and overall terrain, vechicals will kinda just clutter every thing up. The map is currently at a size where the combat, for the most part is fun because of all the different ways you can use it to your advantage. I feel as if the addition of cars could, in a way, hurt that combat making it whoever has "the best" automobile has the upper hand because they can use it to be able to change position quickly and sometimes unrealistically because of the way the engine runs and process things. In some areas of the map you are able to nearly scale mountains and with the added speed of a vehicle, players will be able to reach insane areas that just make the Wars less fun because there is no way to combat them, furthermore promoting cheap tactics. 

Secondly I have the question of why you decided to make this choice. At the moment, from what I have witnessed, it doesn't seem anyone really missed nor wanted vechicals back per day. I personally saw the community in a good state, not really split about this issue.

However this is just my two cents, hey for all I know this could be the best thing that has happened to the server, we'll just have to wait and see.

P.S. sorry for odd formating/spelling I am on mobile.

Even when vehicles were around in the past, they never gave any type of combat advantage aside from getting to an objective quickly. Typically, most vehicles can be destroyed with a few precise shots and when damaged far enough they explode and hurt whoever is inside, so it's not like people can quickly get in and ride off without consequence from the opposing force. People who had cars in the past have always wanted their vehicles back, and were pretty vocal about it in the months past but it's been quite awhile since then that the new generation basically grew up without it, so I'm not surprised that you haven't seen the desire from the community. I for one am really happy that they were added back because currently getting to an objective takes a bit of time which can really run down your total war presence. 

14 hours ago, Garnet said:

Vehicles

Added back!

No, you will not get your older vehicles back, and access will be heavily limited.

I think people who paid for vehicles back in the day should receive them back, what made vehicles so fun in the past was because of not only getting you to a destination quickly but was also a sense of personalization with your own vehicle and being able to drive it around,

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

I think people who paid for vehicles back in the day should receive them back, what made vehicles so fun in the past was because of not only getting you to a destination quickly but was also a sense of personalization with your own vehicle and being able to drive it around,

Well that may not work for the people who bought their vehicles with the cash they had on the server and not the stuff they donated for. Plus donation support for vehicles would probably take forever, just as how donation support with the donation classes is currently. (Not trynna dis but it's kinda true)