Healthlock command for gm

Hoal

39 minutes ago, Nutter said:

So…. Godmode with extra steps?

umm, gm cant use godmode (idk if there's one), but yeah health lock so the lore charactor dont get lower then that health

If we just set the lore to godmode, he will just not getting hurt which it looks so weird if we wanna set bossbar

Edited by Hoal
  • The Garnut
1 hour ago, Hoal said:

umm, gm cant use godmode (idk if there's one), but yeah health lock so the lore charactor dont get lower then that health

If we just set the lore to godmode, he will just not getting hurt which it looks so weird if we wanna set bossbar

Yes, I know GMs can't use godmode haha, I was just clarifying, you want a godmode system with extra steps, IE:

"if player is under 100HP then activate godmode"

• 300 IQ 1
  • Agree 1

As much I see the usefulness of this, You mentioned yourself that you can just crank their health up to an absurd amount. So technically as garnet already mentioned its godmode with extra steps. Which is already possible with /sethealth. 

57 minutes ago, Smity_ said:

As much I see the usefulness of this, You mentioned yourself that you can just crank their health up to an absurd amount. So technically as garnet already mentioned its godmode with extra steps. Which is already possible with /sethealth. 

The point is during a battle of like 30vs1 (for example few jedi & tons of troopers vs Grievous), there's no way gm can 100% control the lore charactor (Grievous) wont die during the mess boss fight, as a gm, we need to make sure that the lore charactor wont die, but meanwhile we want players enjoy the boss fight, it's a high pressure for gm which making us dont want to take the risk to make lore charactor event

Also we have rules for /sethealth for lore charactor, we cant set them like 100,000,000 health, that would just making players thinking they wont able to kill grievous, the purpose of this command is we dont want the lore charactor die and we want players think the grievous is killable and enjoy their fight (which their hp will shows on the bossbar)

Edited by Hoal
1 hour ago, Hoal said:

Also we have rules for /sethealth for lore charactor, we cant set them like 100,000,000 health, that would just making players thinking they wont able to kill grievous, the purpose of this command is we dont want the lore charactor die and we want players think the grievous is killable and enjoy their fight (which their hp will shows on the bossbar)

Rules as in that you can't set their health to a certain amount yes. Which I've always said to my staff members and other players on MRP, if it's for the betterment of the server and Event aspect this "Rule" can be bended if you talk to executives. So talk to the current executives and see if you can set their health to a higher amount granted at the moment and you can do this. Or with this instance, have garnet make a command "/godmode (steamid)" instead of all of these other steps to be taken for this aspect of your suggestion. And obviously this can be abused so that would be something that the higher ups would have to deal with. 

• Informative 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

Not a fan of this personally because I have concerns over its use.

If a lore character is being put in a boss fight situation, which should be rare outside of lightsaber duels, they should have an in-Character escape in my opinion, and the EC should be under strict instruction the cues for when to make this escape. If it's a lightsaber duel then obviously it's much easier to have the lore character surrender.

In these situations, full planning should solve any concerns. If an honourable lightsaber duel is required, set up the event so that is effectively forced on the players, because if a GM wants a specific narrative or result from an event they need to ensure that happens rather than leaving it to chance. 

I'm all for more lore character involvement in events, providing it makes sense, but I feel allowing lore characters to be set to godmode will take away from planning or experience. Once players see the health bar is refusing to go down any more, that will obviously take away from the experience. Or from a GMing perspective, if you know your boss won't die, it can cause lazy and unsatisfying ends to a lore character encounter because you can end up killing a moment you've created

• Like 1
  • Informative 1