Outright Ban (Create a rule!) for In-game Cash to Real-Life Deals/Transactions.

Harm

Description: Ban the current status quo of selling In-game cash by the mill for real life cash via PayPal, Venmo, etc.
Reasoning: These deals funnel money from the server and into players hands. This goes against the long term longevity of the server, opens up the chance of scams, and preys on potential younger players that have no oversite or potentially do not recognize the financial transactions they are proceeding with. There is zero reason for allowing these deals in-game. While I know it's a very taboo topic, people can simply farm printers from ALTernate methods and then sell the cash for real life games or money on steam. 

With the current plan for upgrading servers, I recommend the following in conjunction of this new features to be put in place: 

• Purchasable trails, weapon skins, titles, and in-game name text modifiers. 
  • Further resources for VIP's such as a bigger prop limit, and more prop-allowance (circular tunnel props I am looking at you!

This will create a community for more in-game money to server credits (This goes towards the server!) with more purchasable options rather than deals being made to purchase other games, or funnel through payment vendors.

Just my two cents,

Strongside

Edited by Harm
  • Dumb/Shitpost 2
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 1

This is in part what makes this server so popular and unique. Like it or not Alts can help keep a decent pop in slow trafic hours. Cracking down on ingame selling would be extremely difficult and in my humble opinion would most likely slowly kill the server. I’m not against adding other ways to spend your ingame currency but this suggestion ain’t it.

• Agree 1

+ 1

I think this is a great idea especially bc we’re getting a new host and upgrading our hardware so we can do stuff like this. If it gets in that would be super awesome and I would love to see it bc i kinda miss the old stuff and if there was a new cash system that would make thing so much easier and more reliable than rn. Great suggestion 

Edit: I have seen the other replies about keeping the server how it is like minimal and vanilla but I think we could use some new stuff. I’m not saying something crazy but like novelty items or cool cosmetic stuff and bringing back some of the props for more trusting ppl cause i don’t think most minges want to but props. Now about the prop limit… I know there are complaints about it and I feel many old players would like increased prop limit behind a pay wall but I feel as long as the prop limit doesn’t go above 50 on 100+ pop I think it is ok. That’s all I got rn tho

🙂

Edited by WUBWUB
4 minutes ago, RealRichard said:

I love a lot of your ideas but this is not it. And it’s not preventable in the slightest even if it was a rule.

I have seen this adverted no less than 10 times in-game in the last 3 days. Sure, you can't help private deals, but make an official stance that you can't advertise this in-game.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

+1

As someone who is weary of children and their more than obvious inclinations for using dads credit card for in app purchases (Looking at LendingTrees story on 46% of parents with phone savvy kids having done so, along with an AppleInsider story on one who spent over 16k), this would be beneficial. Not only that but very few people I have seen do offer in game currency for irl money, and when they do, the most likely people to go for it are the average aged players who go from 13-16, respectively.  My only suggestion would be not to ban it, but in fact, facilitate it in a way where it'd be actually beneficial to both parties, and the server. Set a limit on how much can be sold at a time, make it to where it is locked behind a VIP role, something to prevent just anyone from selling in game cash for amounts that'll get some 14 year old grounded by pops when they see the bill next month.

15 minutes ago, Harm said:

I have seen this adverted no less than 10 times in-game in the last 3 days. Sure, you can't help private deals, but make an official stance that you can't advertise this in-game.

i always hated the idea of that.  just either allow it or ban it all together. 

I also just don’t think it hurts the server. I actually think some players get motivated by the idea of it so they learn really cool base designs and make money so they can get some really cool shit in the donation store. 

Edited by IAreGunner

+1, There's no reason this shouldnt be accepted (The In game trades part) I believe @Nutter and proggy have both stated at some point or another that this wasnt allowed. Having a rule officially in place would help staff enforce it better.

Also, Nutter-please make it so prestige 2 can buy baby totem thank you.

Edit: It goes without saying I believe but since In game for credits is and will still be allowed, it still supports the server, so reasons like this "not everyone could afford to donate tbh , your basically taking away money from the server if you ask me. " Dont make a lot of sense.

Sorry to use you as an example gunner 😛

Edited by xFish
edits
  • Disagree 1
5 minutes ago, xFish said:

+1, There's no reason this shouldnt be accepted (The In game trades part) I believe @Nutter and proggy have both stated at some point or another that this wasnt allowed. Having a rule officially in place would help staff enforce it better.

Also, Nutter-please make it so prestige 2 can buy baby totem thank you.

Edit: It goes without saying I believe but since In game for credits is and will still be allowed, it still supports the server, so reasons like this "not everyone could afford to donate tbh , your basically taking away money from the server if you ask me. " Dont make a lot of sense.

Sorry to use you as an example gunner 😛

Sounds ok if you can still sell rpcash for credits so people that have time but no money like most younger people. how would you catch people selling it for irl is the problem. 

13 minutes ago, Vortex1 said:

I’d love to see where that was said

Sometime a year or so ago in game. Again could be foggy memory which is why I'm hoping one will respond and clear it up.

12 minutes ago, Legions said:

Sounds ok if you can still sell rpcash for credits so people that have time but no money like most younger people. how would you catch people selling it for irl is the problem. 

It's more the constant advertising of it in OOC that I believe Strongside is against. 

Catching them is easy, its more deciding a punishment that would be difficult. Like would it be a no warning ban type deal? or one warning, and if so how do we keep track of players across diff sessions? Different things that would have to be thought of depending on if this goes through or not.

If a player has enough in game cash to trade for money, they are likely a regular (and also likely a financial whale for the server). Do you really think "we should ban people who are guaranteed to spend time and money on the server" is a good idea?

• Like 2
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Winner 1
3 minutes ago, mossly said:

If a player has enough in game cash to trade for money, they are likely a regular (and also likely a financial whale for the server). Do you really think "we should ban people who are guaranteed to spend time and money on the server" is a good idea?

Couldn’t have said this better