DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

The DarkRP Ironman Challenge

ChrisRid

• DarkRP Administration Team
1 hour ago, Vortex1 said:

Also remember to disable !unbox and the ability to claim money by clicking ‘’e’’ on it. !credits should also be disabled. I’ll try to think of other breaking things I can think of so it can actually be playable. I’ll update this thread.

Agreed, make this a struggle

• Agree 1
5 hours ago, WohMi said:

While this does sound like a cool idea at first, I feel like it won't be nearly as fun as it might sound, for a couple of reasons:

1. Getting to Prestige 1 takes a LONG time. Granted, I've seen people go from level 1 to 78 in the span of a couple days *cough*MrLegs*Cough* but for most players getting to prestige is a long, time consuming effort that can take many weeks, if not months. Due to that time restriction, I think many players will avoid this challenege altogether

2. This challenge does not sound exciting.  All it takes is for you to base with someone who has a custom class/donor weapon and you're pretty much safe. If this challenge was introduced, I know exactly what I would do: Build in some God-forsaken corner of the map, farm printers until I get to meth manufacturer,  farm meth & printers until I get to crack manufacturer, then farm crack and printers until I get to level 100. That doesn't sound entertaining or exciting, as there's not much danger or action, or even interaction with other people. 

Other Miscellaneous Questions regarding the challenge:

A. If you complete the challenge, do you keep the money and the prestige, or does it disappear?

B. Couldn't people just disconnect to avoid being killed so their challenge does not reset?

C. If you purchased VIP weapons/donor classes/etc. while you were in "challenge mode," would they go to your non-challenge inventory, or challenge inventory? And if they did go to your challenge inventory, would             you be able to keep them once you completed/failed the challenge?

D. Do arrests reset the challenge?

E. If you were unjustly killed (RDM), would it be possible for a staff member to return you to previous state in the challenge, or would it be 'tough shit lol' ?

TLDR: This challenge does sound pretty interesting, but I feel it is too much of a time sink and poses too many logistical issues, and won't be very entertaining either. -1  for now.

AYOOOO WHAT LMAO i’m only like 60 lol and i’ve been super sick recently i’m so weak i saw this tho lol 

• Like 1

While this does sound like a cool idea at first, I feel like it won't be nearly as fun as it might sound, for a couple of reasons:

1. Getting to Prestige 1 takes a LONG time. Granted, I've seen people go from level 1 to 78 in the span of a couple days *cough*MrLegs*Cough* but for most players getting to prestige is a long, time consuming effort that can take many weeks, if not months. Due to that time restriction, I think many players will avoid this challenege altogether

2. This challenge does not sound exciting.  All it takes is for you to base with someone who has a custom class/donor weapon and you're pretty much safe. If this challenge was introduced, I know exactly what I would do: Build in some God-forsaken corner of the map, farm printers until I get to meth manufacturer,  farm meth & printers until I get to crack manufacturer, then farm crack and printers until I get to level 100. That doesn't sound entertaining or exciting, as there's not much danger or action, or even interaction with other people. 

Other Miscellaneous Questions regarding the challenge:

A. If you complete the challenge, do you keep the money and the prestige, or does it disappear?

B. Couldn't people just disconnect to avoid being killed so their challenge does not reset?

C. If you purchased VIP weapons/donor classes/etc. while you were in "challenge mode," would they go to your non-challenge inventory, or challenge inventory? And if they did go to your challenge inventory, would             you be able to keep them once you completed/failed the challenge?

D. Do arrests reset the challenge?

E. If you were unjustly killed (RDM), would it be possible for a staff member to return you to previous state in the challenge, or would it be 'tough shit lol' ?

TLDR: This challenge does sound pretty interesting, but I feel it is too much of a time sink and poses too many logistical issues, and won't be very entertaining either. -1  for now.

I LOVE THIS IDEA SO MUCH.

With that being said, if Nutter feels like coding it in (and preferably avoiding all the bugs like players losing all of there money, not to mention gear not being given back)

These are actual concerns. (also vip vs non vips in this challenge, vips being able to upgrade printers-whereas nonvips have to trust a player into their base in order for them to get upgrades)
Two maxed printers will net you 200k an hour
10mil/200k=50 hours. (if i did my math correctly)
So basically, youd have to grind for atleast a day straight doing constant meth/crack to make up that lost hour. And another thing-whats to stop players from getting on alts, or having their friends spawn in stoves for them to cook (meaning depending on whose trying the challenge, only one person would be able to actually do it due to limitation on income)

Server resetting every other day is the main constraint here. 

Again, Im all for this idea, I love it alot and would love to be able to flex an extra cosmetic. I'm just worried it might be a bit hard for Nutter to code in.

+1

• Informative 1
2 minutes ago, xFish said:

I LOVE THIS IDEA SO MUCH.

With that being said, if Nutter feels like coding it in (and preferably avoiding all the bugs like players losing all of there money, not to mention gear not being given back)

These are actual concerns. (also vip vs non vips in this challenge, vips being able to upgrade printers-whereas nonvips have to trust a player into their base in order for them to get upgrades)
Two maxed printers will net you 200k an hour
10mil/200k=50 hours. (if i did my math correctly)
So basically, youd have to grind for atleast a day straight doing constant meth/crack to make up that lost hour. And another thing-whats to stop players from getting on alts, or having their friends spawn in stoves for them to cook (meaning depending on whose trying the challenge, only one person would be able to actually do it due to limitation on income)

Server resetting every other day is the main constraint here. 

Again, Im all for this idea, I love it alot and would love to be able to flex an extra cosmetic. I'm just worried it might be a bit hard for Nutter to code in.

+1

Understandable but thats why I’m suggesting that during this challenge a player should only be able to collect from their own printer and not be able to claim other printers, I think that would help a lot with what you’re bringing up

• Like 1

+1 RuneScape.

A game within a game, a brilliant system designed to keep and hold players on the server more which last time I checked is exactly what we want. 

But a side note, I’ve been trying to grind for the doctor class ever since it was released lol. The only drawback I can see is that it’ll encourage people to sit on their base more than they already do which is something we don’t want. This is after all DarkROLEPLAY not sit in your base and tab back in once every 30 minutes RP. 

In this situation I think the good outweighs the bad which is the reason why I +1 this

• Like 1
5 hours ago, xFish said:

I'm just worried it might be a bit hard for Nutter to code in.

A note for Nutter, when you're feeling defeated as though you're so close yet so far, and an unfindable LUA error ends what was otherwise a productive coding session; remember that by adding this system hundreds of players will feel the same sense of pain. That's exactly what we're after lmao

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion has been Accepted
for the ideas of being able to start challenges from NPCs.

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.