SEAL Tactical Class Replacement

Chef Ramardee

[Description]: Now, before I even start this post I would like to preface it by saying that I have talked extensively to @Phantom about this topic, AT LENGTH, regarding the implications this post has and I understand that class suggestions are typically forbidden. HOWEVER.... and before ya'll start to ree and -1 this post... the model exists already in the server, and will not bring about any major changes, other than aesthetic ones for the faction, which will in turn make more sense because of the way SEALs handles DEVGRU. To my knowledge, @Phantom has already spoken with @Garnet about the possibility of this change being made, and it seems to be reasonable enough to be allowed for a post.

Thesis - I would like to suggest that the US SEAL : Tactical class be replaced with the US DEVGRU class. As I have already stated, this class already exists on the server, and will not require anything more than a switch of the current Tactical class model to implement.

The reasoning behind this primarily lies in the basic nature of how SEALs is structured. Currently, I have exactly five slots available for five different teams in SEAL Team Six (commonly referred to as DEVGRU). In SEALs, you must go through rigorous training and an extremely tough tryout in order to be able to call yourself a member of DEVGRU, and so, unsurprisingly, this creates a very high demand for this title. However, as it stands, we have no way to properly display the work that my SEALs put into the tryouts and tribulations that they undergo in order to be a part of this prestigious team. All I can do is have them put the "DEVGRU" title in their MOS to signify that they belong to a more elite group of our already elite SEAL team. 

Tactical, however, can simply be attained by going through basic grenade and shotgun/close quarter training, and can be earned by anyone who is of the proper rank to try out for the class. These tryouts are not half as difficult as the DEVGRU tryouts are, and do not carry anywhere near the same weight that DEVGRU does within the faction. The majority of the other SEALs and I believe that the addition of DEVGRU would benefit the faction in its current state much more than the tactical class because of this.

[Benefit]: The benefit of this suggestion is not so much an overall benefit to the server, but rather a suggestion that will change the way that SEAL is structured, in order to complement the DEVGRU side of the faction, and get rid of the comparably unnecessary tactical class.
TL;DR is that because the SEALs work in such a way that DEVGRU is more a functional and important part of the faction than the tactical class is, it would pay off immensely to SEALs if we were to simply replace the current Tactical model with the DEVGRU model that was on the server in the past. Since the model is still loaded onto the server,  and this change would not bring about any change in balance to the US side, we feel as though it would be both easy to implement, as well as having no impact on the war system and it's balance factor.

PS: to Ethan Greshnev, I better not see any of this info randomly pop up on your archives there, buddy. 😉 

[Additional Information]: None, I wish I had a photo of the class but I can ask Phantom for one and then upload it once I receive it.

Edited by Chef Ramardee
formatting updated
  • Like 2
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Haha 1

A Model change?

Hitboxes aren't broken?

Well Idk mango, If the hitboxes are fine, and you're not changing any of the Loadout, Then why change anything at all?

Maybe if you had Asked for the whole faction to be renamed to DEVGRU then Yes. I could honestly see more reasoning for Model changes

But yer just asking for 1 model to be changed.

I don't recall SSO, GRU/Spetsnaz, Vega or Russian Frogmen having such a Niche change. Or them asking about it.

Also DEVGRU has always ever been Normal classes alongside the other ones.
Even Jesters Gold Squad.
How about, Not performing a Tryout Per-Se but instead Watching people over a span of time, and determining which are more fit.

-1 Not needed

• 300 IQ 1

What "DEVGRU" model are you referencing? Also you're being extremely confusing. You're saying you want the tactical class to have a model switch, but then you say you want tactical to be a DEVGRU class but it already is? Maybe more clarification would help but even so, -1

DEVGRU never did nor does it now need a separate class for it. /job or just recreate your idea on DEVGRU

47 minutes ago, Tayler said:

What "DEVGRU" model are you referencing? Also you're being extremely confusing. You're saying you want the tactical class to have a model switch, but then you say you want tactical to be a DEVGRU class but it already is? Maybe more clarification would help but even so, -1

DEVGRU never did nor does it now need a separate class for it. /job or just recreate your idea on DEVGRU

Ok just to clarify, Current SEALs have four classes. Assault, Medic, Tactical, and Commander. I would like the tactical class to undergo a model replacement with the former DEVGRU model, which is still on the server today. It just isnt a proper class that we can select. 

The reasoning behind this is because in the Navy SEALS, there is an even more elite team called SEAL Team Six. We have this team as well on the server, but no model to show for it, which is why I suggested tactical to be the one to be replaced. 

And referencing the latter statement you made, there WAS a DEVGRU class in the past, which is why the model is still on the server to this day. It was taken away because SEALS had too many models at the time.

15 hours ago, Church of Zero Two said:

A Model change?

Hitboxes aren't broken?

Well Idk mango, If the hitboxes are fine, and you're not changing any of the Loadout, Then why change anything at all?

Maybe if you had Asked for the whole faction to be renamed to DEVGRU then Yes. I could honestly see more reasoning for Model changes

But yer just asking for 1 model to be changed.

I don't recall SSO, GRU/Spetsnaz, Vega or Russian Frogmen having such a Niche change. Or them asking about it.

Also DEVGRU has always ever been Normal classes alongside the other ones.
Even Jesters Gold Squad.
How about, Not performing a Tryout Per-Se but instead Watching people over a span of time, and determining which are more fit.

-1 Not needed

@Church of Zero Two The only reason that SSO and Vega dont ask for these things is because their factions haven't undergone several different leaders that have tarnished the name of the factions, and resulted in the various downfalls of many aspects of the faction.m That, along side with the fact that they have everything they need. In the past, there has been a DEVGRU class that SEALs could only have if they made it into DEVGRU, so I feel as though it would be not too difficult to re implement the class, since SEALs have taken on a more serious approach.

All I am suggesting is that the DEVGRU model replaces the tactical model that is currently in the game, why would you deem that an unecessary change? If it helps my factions run more efficiently, and causes no harm or change to the overall server, then how does it deserve your -1?

Edited by Chef Ramardee
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, Chef Ramardee said:

Ok just to clarify, Current SEALs have four classes. Assault, Medic, Tactical, and Commander. I would like the tactical class to undergo a model replacement with the former DEVGRU model, which is still on the server today. It just isnt a proper class that we can select. 

The reasoning behind this is because in the Navy SEALS, there is an even more elite team called SEAL Team Six. We have this team as well on the server, but no model to show for it, which is why I suggested tactical to be the one to be replaced. 

And referencing the latter statement you made, there WAS a DEVGRU class in the past, which is why the model is still on the server to this day. It was taken away because SEALS had too many models at the time.

Well, I was a former leader of SEALs (if not obvious by the bio) and there was never a DEVGRU playermodel, which was also what I asked you to clarify on I.E a string/picture of what you mean 

13 minutes ago, Tayler said:

Well, I was a former leader of SEALs (if not obvious by the bio) and there was never a DEVGRU playermodel, which was also what I asked you to clarify on I.E a string/picture of what you mean 

Sure thing! And I'm so sorry Tayler I didnt even look to see it was you xD I'll ask Phantom and Shrugger to provide a picture, I think one of them has one. I'll also include a picture of the player model as soon as I can get a hold of Phantom, as he's able to spawn in the NPC, so I should be able to screenshot it and show it to you that way. :)

PS: I have signatures turned off (mostly because every time I read Shrugger's posts its another five minutes of scrolling to get to the next post. xD

• Friendly 1
2 hours ago, Tayler said:

What was the old set up when it came to classes? Like back before you lead it, but you led an aspect of it, kinda like battalions. I might be phrasing this the wrong way though.

I don't know how to feel about this tbh.

Because on one hand, I get what you're getting at, you want an indicator that someone is in DEVGRU other than their MOS. However, on the other hand, there's nothing wrong with the models, hitboxes, etc., and there would be no other reason to change it other than the aesthetic.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the absolute necessity of changing this. -1

28 minutes ago, Panini said:

I don't know how to feel about this tbh.

Because on one hand, I get what you're getting at, you want an indicator that someone is in DEVGRU other than their MOS. However, on the other hand, there's nothing wrong with the models, hitboxes, etc., and there would be no other reason to change it other than the aesthetic.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the absolute necessity of changing this. -1

While I understand where you guys are coming from in that you don't see the necessity of this change occurring, I offer this for your consideration: What real use does the tactical class offer, in light of DEVGRU? If you're willing to compare the Russian Frogmen and their relationship with the VEGA team, you would find that there is a strong resemblance in that DEVGRU is a step up from SEAL (Just like frogmen are a "next-level" for VEGA). When you become a DEVGRU member, it is meant to be the peak of accomplishment in SEALS, it means that not only is your character extremely strong, but you put the effort in to achieve what others may view as impossible. DEVGRU stands for so much in the SEAL faction that I find it both worthy of this change as well as nearly necessary to be put in, to replace the tactical class as a whole. That is, I'm not asking for anything additional, simply a way that people would know, outside of your MOS, that you had really earned something inside of a faction that is already difficult to be a part of. 

Edited by Chef Ramardee
1 minute ago, Caboose | moat.gg said:

Why exactly is this?

As a SEAL team member, you are taught the ways of CQC, and the only reason we ever find it neccessary to utilize the breacher class(which is close quarter, given it has shotgun and grenades), is when we are trying to get into comms, which is extremely niche-case. We sim, live, breath, and die along side that SEAL mp5, and we are very effective at using it to our advantage up close. Therefore, it's not a commonly used class, other than when people first pass the tryouts, they like to have a different model to use than they're used to, so they use it to change things up.

Now, before anyone gets confused, I should add that I am not asking for the weapons to change, as I want this change to be low-maintenance. However, it would offer more of a use for the SEALs, since, as I've already over-stated, the importance of DEVGRU trumps pretty much all of the other classes, and we would love to see the tactical class replaced because of this.