SEAL Tactical Class Replacement

Chef Ramardee

1 hour ago, Chef Ramardee said:

While I understand where you guys are coming from in that you don't see the necessity of this change occurring, I offer this for your consideration: What real use does the tactical class offer, in light of DEVGRU? If you're willing to compare the Russian Frogmen and their relationship with the VEGA team, you would find that there is a strong resemblance in that DEVGRU is a step up from SEAL (Just like frogmen are a "next-level" for VEGA). When you become a DEVGRU member, it is meant to be the peak of accomplishment in SEALS, it means that not only is your character extremely strong, but you put the effort in to achieve what others may view as impossible. DEVGRU stands for so much in the SEAL faction that I find it both worthy of this change as well as nearly necessary to be put in, to replace the tactical class as a whole. That is, I'm not asking for anything additional, simply a way that people would know, outside of your MOS, that you had really earned something inside of a faction that is already difficult to be a part of. 

But DEVGRU isn't a subfaction. DEVGRU is simply a titled earned by a SEAL who puts the effort above another player, or at least how it should be. You're being extremely ignorant comparing frogmen and vega. They aren't alike, it's simply stated that Vympel have a frogman unit themselves.

Naval Spetsnaz (RFC) - Under GRU

Vympel  (Vega) - Under KGB

Also Vega is a step over Frogmen not vice-versa.

"When you become a DEVGRU member, it is meant to be the peak of accomplishment in SEALS, it means that not only is your character extremely strong, but you put the effort in to achieve what others may view as impossible."

Right, so why do you need a new model to show off what the title should already do itself?

Sticking to a  -1 for the fact that the suggestion is completely useless and not worth Garnet's time. Despite how "small" or "simple" it is, it's just not worth anything. 

1 hour ago, Chef Ramardee said:

As a SEAL team member, you are taught the ways of CQC, and the only reason we ever find it neccessary to utilize the breacher class(which is close quarter, given it has shotgun and grenades), is when we are trying to get into comms, which is extremely niche-case. We sim, live, breath, and die along side that SEAL mp5, and we are very effective at using it to our advantage up close. Therefore, it's not a commonly used class, other than when people first pass the tryouts, they like to have a different model to use than they're used to, so they use it to change things up.

Now, before anyone gets confused, I should add that I am not asking for the weapons to change, as I want this change to be low-maintenance. However, it would offer more of a use for the SEALs, since, as I've already over-stated, the importance of DEVGRU trumps pretty much all of the other classes, and we would love to see the tactical class replaced because of this.

I can understand where you are coming from Delphin and why you feel that DEVGRU should also have a physical change, not jut an MOS change, but I think you're taking the title of DEVGRU a step too far. Getting into seals is just the first step of becoming one of the best the US has to offer. DEVGRU is meant to show the difference between Seals. Its a title that speaks for itself - "This is someone who became one of the best and went above and beyond that." That is how it should be upheld, it doesn't need a fancy player model that distinguishes them from Seals because even though someone is DEVGRU, they're still apart of seals, they've just earned the right to be called DEVGRU, you just need to teach your men to honor that title. 

• Like 1

+1 Tbh with model switching in mind it would be cool if US side didnt all have gas masks on considering there is 0 reason for a gas mask. Having the marksman with a boonie hat model on would be badass especially since there are already a ton of models already in the server a switch would literally take no time at all. Plus having models that actually look like they would be IRL adds to the cool factor and RP potential.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1

Seems Delphin got a lot mixed up. All I'm going to say is that the model Delphin would like (or at least what he wanted when he spoke with me) is the old MP Commissioner model, which is an actual ST6 model from CS:GO (it even has the ST6 logo on its vest). To make thigns easy, the class could still be called Tactical and be used as a class that only those in DEVGRU (ST6) can obtain. Literally just an aesthetic change and is an actual SEAL model.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Hoskins said:

+1 I would like to see this change happen, DEVGRU needs a class as something to work for along with something to be noticed instead of oh he's got DEVGRU in his name oh well, plus Tactical isn't used by the SEALs very much.

You need to ask Tayler about his navy

• Dumb/Shitpost 4

+1 If SEALs wants a visual idicator of a restructure of their faction then why the hell not. It’s not the biggest change or even the most unreasonable we’ve seen on these forums, so people that -1 because it’s trivial think about all the other bullshit that comes through and give this another look. It’s really not much 

• Like 3
  • Toxic 1
On 9/27/2018 at 5:16 PM, Madison | Garnetgaming said:

-1 Tayler didn't need this when he had leadership of seals....  I think 😄

Plus I think its waste of garnet time

I'd just like to ask you, what do you think DEVGRU is? I'll tell you, the DEVGRU is the most elite SEAL team, the tryouts and training are extremely difficult. How about awarding the players with something more than just a title? 

How is it a waste of Garnet's time? Do you think he actually has to create new playermodels and all that shit for it? Maybe if you read the entire fucking post you would know that we have already created playermodels and prepared for everything.

I think 😄 

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 3
On 9/27/2018 at 5:21 PM, Madison | Garnetgaming said:

You need to ask Tayler about his navy

None of this has anything to do with Tayler, the only thing you're doing right now is sucking him off, how about you give actual feedback to the fucking suggestion instead of "Tayler didn't need this when he was the leader"

This is about SEALs getting a class change, not about Tayler getting a class change, about SEALs getting a class change.

As I said before, read the entire fucking post.

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 3
34 minutes ago, Krimzin said:

None of this has anything to do with Tayler, the only thing you're doing right now is sucking him off, how about you give actual feedback to the fucking suggestion instead of "Tayler didn't need this when he was the leader"

This is about SEALs getting a class change, not about Tayler getting a class change, about SEALs getting a class change.

As I said before, read the entire fucking post.

Not "sucking up" I'm clearly using his faction as an example, DEVGRU in the past don't need any job change in order to be "elite", it was how they presented themselves in war and peacetime. I don't think you need new playermodels to feel "elite". Really? A model change the hitboxes are not broken ( which I think is waste of time to  change playermodels because they're fine). If you do change the model and name of tactical, you go through hard training to receive the same gun ( as tactcial) and different model? So that's why I'm sticking to -1

Edited by Madison | Garnetgaming
12 minutes ago, Madison | Garnetgaming said:

Not "sucking up" I'm clearly using his faction as an example, DEVGRU in the past don't need any job change in order to be "elite", it was how they presented themselves in war and peacetime that. I don't think you need new playermodels to feel "elite". Really? A model change the hitboxes are not broken ( which one I think is waste of time to  change playermodels because they're fine). If you do change the model and name of tactical, you go through hard training to receive the same gun ( as tactcial) and different model?  Just to make yourself elite. So that's why I'm sticking to -1

I didn't mention DEVGRU needing another class to be elite, I had said that DEVGRU should get something in return for their skill level. I'm trying to talk with Delphin & Phantom about weapon changes and more. Also your line about not sucking up, you like to not suck up to someone by mentioning how they wouldn't need it twice? "Clearly using his faction as an example." "Taylor didn't need this when he had leadership of SEALs... I think 😄"

I'm not asking you to +1, -1 it for all I care. Just use common fucking sense, it isn't that hard.

I'd just like to add that I won't be responding to anything more about this. I'd like this thread to keep to the topic.

Edited by Krimzin
  • Toxic 1