[MRP] The Army Transition

Ziggy

Just now, Draco_ said:

I agree with everything said. I dont know if I missed if u said it but what would Force Recon replace?

For clarification, the faction structure on each side would be:

US Army -> 1st Marine Division

Green Beret -> MARSOC

Rangers -> Force Recon

Delta Force -> DEVGRU

Taliban

055th Brigade

Red Group

Badri 313 -> Inter-Services Intelligence

• Informative 1

I really do like this suggestion a lot, brings new structure and some new/old factions back into the rotation. 

I miss regular NSWC but it's whatevers lmao.

Especially with replacing Rangers with Force Recon, that is a very interesting change up. Why do you think that they would need to change? Rangers would be fitting with the SOC factions being implemented, no?

57 minutes ago, Red_Panda said:

Rangers would be fitting with the SOC factions being implemented, no?

I’m no military expert, but I’m pretty sure Rangers falls under Army jurisdiction. Force Recon is a division within the marines, as are navy seals.

8 hours ago, Ziggy said:

*Snip* Multiquote is being a pain on mobile.

Another thing that I would like to see come from this suggestion is the merging of 055 with Tali, and MARSOC with 1MD. Back in the day, SOC and entry were connected. This had its ups and downs, but I think that overall it was good for building a connection with new players. How this worked is that 055/MARSOC would be able to promote for entry, host their tryouts, etc. The purpose of it was to build that connection and bridge newer players into SOC factions. At the same time, all SOC officers also served as enlisted officers meaning there was really never a shortage."

I have mixed feelings on this. I've seen it work, but more often that not (even as recently as a month ago) it has not. Takes the right kind of Marshal/GA and you need to SOC leaders and Marshal/GA to have some sort of preexisting connection so things don't turn into the Marshal micromanaging a SOC in addition to the main faction, or completely ignoring it.

Regarding removing donor factions, yes, please remove them.

Everything else looks good and I'm up for changing things up a bit.

My main is concern is the time it will take to implement these changes.

How long would you expect something like this to take?

For the record, this is almost the same argument of swapping RU for Taliban.

Edited by PraetorDon
7 hours ago, Ziggy said:

OHHKDf1FF96AMYxVq3DERCz1S5sHngYXku5R6rCmVRPOztUl8zEJ_dbBrAzE-PdtbdIz0Zt2Z7ACn5tDSrwoci1A7K0ruSjNAylC8BGxjWur_UwI4Loc4aW7E7ew_waVWIUeb-z3GTX8YE2zMycma4Y

DEVGRU : Diver

(Models/mw2guy/diver/diver_full.mdl)

garnet_sniper_m82a3, garnet_pistol_p99, m9k_tear_gas, garnet_battlerifle_scarheavy

Idk how i feel about a full ass diver with flippers running around on a desert map. I would probably change that if we were to even think about this.

And also. We would have to look into if the hitboxes were fixed for these. With adding in a complete revamp would involve changing the squad system, spawns, Textscreens, docs, just overall getting used to the new factions.

• Agree 2

Im changing this to a -1 mainly due to US are outnumbering Taliban almost 24/7, so if we do change and give US something new and improved. US will outnumber Taliban even more then already. Don't get me wrong but this is a great idea but at the moment with Taliban numbers I feel like this could kill Taliban even more then it already is. What we need other then a US big change is Tali side or something new that will bring people bad from US or help keep New members to stay or different guns idk. 

Edited by BrianTheilliterate
  • Agree 1

I think it would be nice to freshen things up a bit, but I can also easily see the counterargument to this, being why? From a garnet/management standpoint this seems largely like a waste of time, that would show relatively little improvement for maybe a month at best. I have no objections, in fact I agree that something new would be nice, but I really can't imagine this being received well.

Edited by acer
  • Agree 2

+1 would be nice to see this change happen Altho where tf did the RU change go if that’s still in the works I assume it would go t3 forcon t2 MARSOC and t1 DEVGRU this could also help have t3 and base faction work together alot more as FORCON falls under MAGTF and not SOCOM

-1 US number is great, I dont see a necessary change to marine when it is probably gonna be a temporary boost with overhaul that will take months to complete. This is an opinion from a staff point of view, right now AFG side is declining which makes imbalance between US number and AFG number boosting mainly US side will only hurt the server more in the long run. Imagine US has all the number because noone wants to play AFG because of the newly implement US marine system than it will only create even more imbalance which will effect war time and PvP event thus reducing pop more after the "temporary boost".

1 hour ago, Smity_ said:

I would probably change that if we were to even think about this.

And also. We would have to look into if the hitboxes were fixed for these. 

I threw in diver for fun, the model/name could be anything as it’s the same T3 DF has now.

Any hit boxes that aren’t good can be immediately made perfect through my lapdog, special. 

I have some GA bias in the fact that I have been in Army for literal years and am now the GA but here are my concerns.

1. Documents: Reworking docs will take a lot of time and there will be some decent and substantial changes that will need to be made in order to fit into the new 1MD. Also we have a few things that are army specific. Not to mention roster would have to be changed(final roll call, Officer Roster). 
  2. Numbers: The US has had amazing numbers for almost a month now. This change is really just US sided. It does really not a whole lot to TALI and will just encourage more players to join US. While sure I would love to have massive US numbers but what's the fun in not having any AFG on to fight us. Wars become pointless and just general RP goes down. 
  3. Tradition: I like the aspect of getting rid of donator factions but replacing Army which has been here for Garnet's whole life span would be weird and I don't think people would like it. Yes this is a fresh new idea but there is a lot built on this server and Army is one of those that has been a pillar for a while. 
  4. Management: Now I in no way speak for the management of garnet gaming but I don't see motivation for Garnet to remove donator factions. One people buy them, two they are large money makers, and 3 it gives people the opportunity to do what they want with a small group. Still I personally don't like them but hey you have the money like that to spend on Garnet Gaming MRP | Hiring Staff go ahead.

These are just some of my thoughts on this idea. I am not really a fan of this idea cause it will confuse a large amount of people and be difficult to relearn also all the reason aforementioned.

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 2
1 hour ago, acer said:

little improvement for maybe a month at best. I have no objections, in fact I agree that something new would be nice

Well you’ve answered your own question on why. There isn’t much I can do currently to support the server past what I’m able to do as a moderator, so suggestions have always been something I’m constantly thinking of. 

It isn’t bad to say that something new would be nice, regardless of whether it will serve as a permanent solution to the servers problems (it won’t).