DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

BenZ Gamemaster Application 2023

BenZ

In-game name: BenZ     
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:545083461
Warns: 3
Timezone: EST
Playtime? (Paste your /playtime [Name]): 18B SSG BenZ has played for 920:30:23.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes
Referral(s): N/A
Past experiences as a Game Master:
I was previously a gamemaster in December 2021, i was stepped down in late march due to personal issues. I was a decent GM, i held many PVP and RP events.
Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]
I want to be apart of the GM team to help keep new players active during peacetime (Not interrupting tryouts) and for the most part help keep them coming back. I want to bring more events to the server as I notice there aren't many RP or PVP events occurring when I'm online and I want to help out the current GM team raise the activity. I have experience with many other forms of RP from GTA to DayZ. I've been involved in many RP servers on different games. I think with my ideas I could bring a fantastic set of events to the team. I do understand that reference my past GM experience may not turn many heads due to the fact I haven't been active in about a year. Recently returned to MRP in January. I have been making an effort to speak with US and tali officers about event stuff I want to do and trying to get my name back out there and put more of a positive vibe to it. I'm doing my best to acknowledge my faults and I'm trying to be better in all regards of the server and have fun most of all. 

I do think someone with my level of activity is needed for the role, no disrespect to any of the GMs, an army of one is an army of none. That's why it's important to build some what of a team.
Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details
I have Received 3 warns on MRP. warn 1: False reporting | Warn 2: Attm RDM | Warn 3: Fail RP - I crouch jumped 😞
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?I can play the server on my days off from work. but if i play on like a Friday I may only be on for a few hours | about 28 hours a week, 4 or 5 hours a day.

In your own words, what are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: Gamemasters are important for the server. Putting up events for the newer players and vets. Keeping players engaged and enjoying their time on the server.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: In the past my RP events weren't very organized but now that I'm no longer an 11A officer i should have time to make interesting RP events for everyone to participate in.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas designed for only your side to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]
Terrorist Hunt Event (Basic Slaughter House Event)
Search and Destroy (US has to track down a HVT that knows the location of a Taliban ammo cache)
Blue VS Red (Training Operation gone wrong, Unknown forces attack US Army while training at airstrip)
Zombie invasion (Defend factory from waves of zombies, there would be 8 waves each wave would become more difficult as it proceeds)

Please list and explain 3 unique global event idea designed for the entire server to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

Brown Bird Down [Story mission] Three separate events

Act 1: The USASOC had a UH-60 crash near the Taliban FOB, Since there is no active special forces personnel active in the area. The secretary of defense has decided to sent the US Army on a suicide mission to capture sensitive intel from the helicopter and deliver it to the airstrip. Where delta force members will retrieve the intel and double cross the army.

Objectives:     

- Recon the area of the crash site
                       - Locate the intel
                       - Deliver the Intel to Delta Force at airstrip

Set up: There would be two teams of 11B Alpha and Bravo. Alpha is the Offensive element while bravo is a Defensive element. Taliban Must defend the Helicopter Crash Site (Once they die they cannot return)

Act 2: The General of the Army has ordered all of his army elements (Excluding Delta Force) to locate the Secretary of State in FOB Omega, He is most likely being protected by Delta Force Members and their Taliban Allies inside the town. 

Objectives: 

- Locate briefcases in the office of the secretary

- Return to base

Setup: Have all available SOC units and Army Attack Town Center (Location of the Secretary)

Act 3: The US Forces RTB and try to look at the information they found on the laptop but they are suddenly attacked by Taliban SOC

Objectives:   

- Defend the base & Crack laptop password (Roll a 25 or below twice, then roll a 75 or above twice)

Edited by BenZ
I wrote my paragraphs in two separate wars and I forgot to grab the extra bit from my note pad. Still sort on sentences I'm pretty sure. Tried my best to share my thoughts, not the best writer.

-1 (Leaning towards neutral due to application changes)

While, benz you do have the past officer and GM experience that experience was quite some time ago and somewhat shortlived on the GM end of things. Coming into your new term currently you  haven't fully adapted to the current social environment and their players. This is extremely important for game masters. Simply understanding the players concepts of well put together events will allow you to make the most out of the tools given to you. 

Also "Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]" This section has 4 sentences so you might want to beef that part up.

Edited by Horseyyy
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Horseyyy said:

While, benz you do have the past officer and GM experience that experience was quite some time ago and somewhat shortlived on the GM end of things. Coming into your new term currently you  haven't fully adapted to the current social environment and their players. This is extremely important for game masters. Simply understanding the players concepts of well put together events will allow you to make the most out of the tools given to you. 

Also "Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]" This section has 4 sentences so you might want to beef that part up.

I understand. My ideas Vs. the players expectations are very important things I must consider if I were to be granted the privilege. I appreciate the honesty. 

• Winner 1

Neutral
While the app is good and you have been involved in the past, there is no referral and little community support and I still have not met you since I first saw this a week ago. I cannot +1 or -1, as I do not know you, and the people I know don't know you. On the other hand you appear to have experience so neutral it is.

-1 While your events don't seem bad at all you use to tryout for rangers a lot and seemed like a good candite but started going kind of down not talking to people anymore and then you got officers and you have disappeared off the server since I haven't seen you or seen a LOA from you.

+1, in my opinion I feel like it is worth giving you a chance. You have good community experience and a good hour count, so we know you won't abuse staff powers. I was about to leave a -1 because of your recent activity, as you're not on as frequently as I would expect. However, I feel like you bring a lot to the table for the GM team and it is worth it to have you on the GM roster. 

Edited by Reynolds
On 3/1/2023 at 4:50 PM, Reynolds said:

+1, in my opinion I feel like it is worth giving you a chance. You have good community experience and a good hour count, so we know you won't abuse staff powers. I was about to leave a -1 because of your recent activity, as you're not on as frequently as I would expect. However, I feel like you bring a lot to the table for the GM team and it is worth it to have you on the GM roster. 

I have told the GA my reason for inactivity. Didnt really make it public.