DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] CSCDesert Swap

Ziggy

+1

You truly just had to be there to feel Desert, this map really captured me and hooked me to MRP back in 2016, and looking back some of my greatest moments were on this map. Honestly having this map to play on while we wait for map edits will serve to be good and healthy for the server, as it is a guarantee that many old faces will return and some may even stick around. It's a classic chaotic and soulful map, a true classic.

spacer.png

Edited by Reynolds

+1

Current map is horrible for player retention. The long walk to each obj on the current Delta map is not worth it just to be sniped before even getting to the obj. It makes me want to quit when I have held w key for a minute straight and the get shot just to have to do it again and hope the dude doesn't see me.

I personally never played on the CSCDesert map, but current Delta needs heavy improvement before I would even dream of using a positive adjective when talking about it. I whole heartedly believe this will give MRP the pop spike it deserves. 

• Agree 3

+1  I have trust in these guys that this map is what we need. I heard nothing but good things about it. Returning to it would bring some old people back to visit for a bit. 

Also CQC is fun and this map seems to have a decent amount on it.

23 hours ago, Ziggy said:

90% of your fights will be at mid-long range unfortunately unless you go COMMs

A good way to possibly combat this is maybe turning uk base into an objective instead of Toxic crater that entire obj was just centered around sniping UK base would offer a lot more alternative combat scenarios

Edited by Horseyyy
2 minutes ago, Horseyyy said:

A good way to possibly combat this is maybe turning uk base into an objective instead of

Toxic crater that entire obj was just centered around sniping UK base would offer a lot more alternative combat scenariosn

The design of TC as an objective allows Afghan to have more of an advantage when holding it which is definitely a good thing. UK as an alternative would be bad because it has spetz mountain over it and allows US insanely more access to UK than it does for Afghan.