DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Buff for Medic Classes

Pockle

I think everyone can agree medic classes on MRP are terrible. Nobody ever touches the classes unless they are the Tier 3 classes that also have good weapons with them. I suggest we give every basic medic class at the least a carriable riot shield. If the staff is feeling generous then giving the classes a deployable shield would be the best option in my opinion. 

The medic classes as they are now are pretty much unplayable. Killing someone with a pistol in war is completely improbable. The server as it stands now is a quick scoping sniper simulator. Getting people to an objective is hard enough and having zero players with medical equipment makes it even harder to hold an objective. Then the player who has successfully made it to an objective against all odds runs out of meds. Now what? Defend comms with a pistol? Give the medic classes a shield so that they can continue to be of use after they run out of meds. Its time we make a change that benefits everyone in the server. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
44 minutes ago, Draco_ said:

+1 I feel like giving the “Support” class a riot shield would be fine. They are supposed to support. 

Sorry, should have clarified. When I say medic classes I do mean the support classes for each SOC faction and Base faction.

In all honesty, refusing to give the class at least a sub-par weapon like some shitass SMG is contributing to the self-heal meta. The only people using these support classes are either brand new players fresh out of training wanting to play a class that can support its teammates or vet's with over 1K hours a five separate donator weapons. I would even go as far as to give them some very bad smg and smokes to truly allow these classes to play their roles instead of giving into the learning curve of the server.

Edited by Horseyyy
Holy typos
  • Like 1
  • The Garnut

Entry faction medics should be just that.. healing bots running around waiting for their first real tryout. Other than that, I would agree all non-entry factions (Army/Taliban) are deserving of more to their loadouts, IE: shields 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Nutter said:

Entry faction medics should be just that.. healing bots running around waiting for their first real tryout. Other than that, I would agree all non-entry factions (Army/Taliban) are deserving of more to their loadouts, IE: shields 

I feel like this is such a damaging take on base faction players. Do we really think of the people who make up the meat of the server as bots? These players deserve to have as much fun as SOC faction players do. Just because they are less skilled does not mean they should then be treated as if they are lesser. Tali Army and 11B deserve to have a healing class worth playing just the same as SOC does.

• 3 weeks later...