DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Re-Adding of /party system

Reynolds

(Re-Up because old post was getting -1d by weirdos)

So I guess I have to greatly elaborate more on how valuable the old party system was, as 3 other people believed that it was somehow a bad idea? I think people underestimate how much of a difference parties make to creating cohesive bodies of units during war, and I genuinely believe that the FPS tradeoff for the halos would be worth it. It was working for years on end, why change it? If anything, disable halos for squad users that automatically join but also I would like to see some feedback on why the party system is not viable / possible from the people who -1d the old post.

The old party system was a team system where all factions from both countries had three party groups that faction members could join. The party system contained invaluable information such as player health and toggleable halo outlines of the people in your party. The party system was especially useful for new players for organization during war. I know that one of the disciplines early recruits learn is how to join a squad and organize amongst themselves. Also the party system would greatly benefit both base factions as squad usage and overall cohesiveness for entry battalions are at an all time low.

I believe the removal of this system came with various issues involving FPS and party members not appearing once they join a game. I am pushing this suggestion to be heavily reconsidered and worked on because the party system was invaluable to war efforts, as the party chat and the halos proved to be very helpful for coordination. I know nothing about code, but I do know that the squad system’s function worked at one point before the issues of players not seeing other party members arised. Whatever iteration of the party system that was, I would ask to implement back into the server. Additional suggestions if possible would maybe make it so respective whitelists make you auto-join a certain squad. E.g a player gets on GB Breacher and they are immediately in GB squad 1, if they go on taliban whitelists they go to Taliban Army Squad 1. Alongside this still have the /party menu open for people joining separate parties, as well as for AFG and US elite classes that have to manually pick one.

Edited by Reynolds
  • Dumb/Shitpost 4
  • Cringe 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 5

I have no issues with this proposal, however, I think it should be combined with the current party system.

This party system improves communication and speaking within the community, if Garnet can apply the /p chat, health bar display of others, and outlines for players within the party, then the party system would be perfect.

Cause at the end of the day, you can always deafen and mute in the parties, just incase you don’t want to hear/talk to anyone.

+1.

No idea why it was removed in the first place. Why have everyone sift through different party systems when this one worked fine? Id also have to agree with Towelieee on this one. Lots of things can be combined with this system to make a great overall party system that promotes communication and cohesion within specific units.

+1

• Like 1

+1 

When I first started playing the server in 2021. This system made wars on the server better. It made senior enlisted actually lead a squad of PvTs during war. Overall made wars more coordinated. I was shocked it was removed to begin with. Never saw any major issues with the system.

• Like 1

neutral

i think the voice comms system we have is pretty damn cool, and kind of eliminates the need for /squad. maybe adding a separate command to type to the people in that voice comm.

also how many times are you going to remake this post because you get ratiod

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tuna said:

, and kind of eliminates the need for /squad

one part of me thinks ur trolling with this reply but just in case ur not

F1 comms and /party are two completely different things. I am not suggesting to remove F1 comms, I would actually love for both to stay alongside each other. F1 comms does not have some of the valuable features that a party has, such as seeing your team-mates health on the fly and literally being able to see where they are at all times. Can you explain what aspects of F1 comms eliminates the need for /squad? The only aspect I see is having players in a singular group, but other than that it is pretty lackluster in its features compared to /party. This suggestion is literally to add more content and make shit better, and I dont understand what part of this suggestion people disagree with. I am genuinely confused, as /party literally has no negative qualities on paper. Now in practice, external factors like FPS and various bugs arise, but the general concept of /party is perfect. I am also writing this from the aspect of being an active officer always trying to make Taliban more organized, and /party would be so valuable to add back so new enlisted can be more organized.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

also how many times are you going to remake this post because you get ratiod

i started slightly shitposting on the other suggestion, but I wanted this to be taken seriously hence why I started new. 

• MilitaryRP Administration Team

+1       

The party system is by far 100x better than the radio system, we have TS, we did not really need a radio but it is nice to have. I think the reason we got a radio is because the party system was taken away and it was taken away because it is just broken. half the time you would go into your factions party and it would not work. I would love to see it added back in and working.

+1 even though the green outlines did lag my game a bit they were very useful. And talking in squad chat is nice because some people don’t have mic’s. Squads were also good because you can split up groups to different objectives by joining different squads. I do like the party chat as well but squads were useful as well.

Edited by Scratch
  • 2 weeks later...