DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

DarkRP Update [10/11/2023]

Nutter

• The Garnut

logo.png

This is almost solely an update in preparation of Halloween, when really cool content will start rolling out 😄

Server Performance Optimization

Player-Perspective

Around the fountain area, the FPS players run should be significantly improved with the help of some black magic (Chess)

Server Perspective

Re-wrote big portions of the day and night cycle, resolution in one of the biggest performance/FPS hogs of the server to run quickly and without affecting the server to a noticeable degree. With 128 players and a 22 tickrate, we now have a TON of extra headroom before we even stutter on occasions, let alone lag.

Context Menu

Extra additions have been thrown on

Radio Volume Control

May be utilized to turn down or entirely turn off the DJ radio on our server as to avoid disrupting your experience playing

Cosmetics Rendering

May be used to turn up or down the distance at which you will draw other players' cosmetics (pointshop items) - if you're a non-VIP member of our community with a bad PC, you will be given the option to turn off cosmetics entirely as to enjoy a higher FPS experience. If you're a pog VIP members who purchased 50k Premium Points over the last week alone as a result of autopay, you're free to turn up the slide as much as you'd like and enjoy seeing people's cosmetics from afar

454134cc6f35205a2f237cec15360abc.png

Deliveryman Class

Brought up to the same standard other classes are

QOL changes would be the classic Garnet DarkRP black box with a white border, and a display of your destination's name. Multiple other destinations have been added to the pool!

a57caaf1557148b782dc211cd026a0b6.jpg

Inventory System

Fixed inconsistency where staff had 2 pages in their inventory, as opposed to a double-tall inventory with a singular page

595115a83e460ca95c19aba8d2ed0093.png

(that is what the UI looked like prior to the update)

Physgunning

Stoves and Weed Pots can now be physgunned by their drug manufacturing owners

3df4d16608a7f88b05d3f5f45957feec.png

DJ Radio

Increased the distance of the radio to nearly double the previous transmission range, meaning, you no longer have to snuggle up to your DJ buddy in order to hear his radio. But also, if this DJ isn't your buddy, he can now minge the piss out of your little base by blasting annoying tunes outside.

Cyber's first hand in an update as SA :^)

image.png

Players can now buy GL ammo and shipments from our unbox menu

(UP FOR DEBATE) Prop Lighting

I'm very much debating making it to where shadows casted by the map will no longer affect client props, leading to much more visibility to player builds, with the downside of.. in certain dark lighting, things may look awkward - as props are always lit.

f7d5c566cc6fb3747fd089a03969b9f6.jpg

But this may even be seen as a positive, because now even when building in a dark area, you are able to make a highly visible interior

here's a photo of current behavior:

2e34e6ecfa5baa39109b299aca3e7015.png

Pointshop - Death Effects

Here's some "late-game" items that everybody wants 😄

--oops postponed until a later update--

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Jbhh said:

The update broke cosmetics for me, I now just see errors for some people 😞

For me it’s still broken I have it turned off while it’s fixed:/

12 hours ago, Nutter said:

I’m against it personally 

Edited by Vortex
19 hours ago, Nutter said:

I'm very much debating making it to where shadows casted by the map will no longer affect client props, leading to much more visibility to player builds, with the downside of.. in certain dark lighting, things may look awkward - as props are always lit.

f7d5c566cc6fb3747fd089a03969b9f6.jpg

Jeez i prefer the current look ngl, darker in darker areas.

my vote that probably doesnt matter - keep it dark in the darker areas

• The Garnut
11 hours ago, Jbhh said:

@NutterWill prop lighting make it to where if you have two props same material like white then color them they will always be the same shade? If so im so down.

Yes, that's the original idea, but it looks like i'll scrap the code because things genuinely just look awkward lol

• Like 2
  • Agree 1