Unfair Advantage Rules

I’ve been jailed for defending a raid with nerve gas under the “unfair advantage” rule. However, I was raiding today and they defended the raid by throwing nerve gas. I reported and the VIP Mod said he talked to merk or something and said since it doesn’t explicitly say that, he’s not going to do anything.

My suggestion is to add specific examples of unfair advantages for base defending.

Explicitly state that using explosives and nerve gas to defend a base is an unfair advantage and against the rules.

Thank you, 
Georgologist

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

it sounds like  someone told you bad info because i never heard of that change. nerve gas could be used in raid on both ends.

Also Explosives should be allowed when defending ur base 100%

a change like that would be its own rule 

2 minutes ago, 1998Corolla said:

+1

Players and staff hate needing to interpret the rules in some scenarios, transparence on what is allowed and what isn't is always a plus for me. 

unless it's been an issue recently a couple of times, in my Mutiple thousands of hours on DarkrpI never seen it be a issue. 

2 minutes ago, IAreGunner said:

unless it's been an issue recently a couple of times, in my Mutiple thousands of hours on DarkrpI never seen it be a issue. 

Hasn't been an issue recently that I would recall myself as some of they grey areas I had noticed during my previous time as staff we're addressed previously. I'm always just for a clear black and white answer when possible especially in this case where defending with a nerve gas isn't explicitly written down. Granted, that's just my autism. 

+1: Being able to defend your base without giving any chance to be damaged is clearly unfair, but I understand some new players might not be thinking that way, so I wouldn't be opposed to adding a few words to the rules to avoid misunderstandings that do happen.

13 hours ago, jittaloogin said:

neutral

defending with nerve gas can have its perks, but i believe if a rule would be implemented it should exclude doors past the first since it would just lock the player(s) and gas them with no chance of escape.

If you start raiding someones base, trapping the player to kill him should be allowed

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

+1

Either make it clear that you cannot defend with nerve gas/explosives or allow it, really. Personally I'm for the former, I don't see how it's really fair a raider can RPG you to hell or nerve gas you, but if you do the same it's "unfair".

1 hour ago, IAreGunner said:

If you start raiding someones base, trapping the player to kill him should be allowed

• You may not have a base designed to trap people.

Slightly disagree. Although this is a building rule, something like nerve gas should at least be seen thrown. A deliberate trap, something like a pit fall with no escape, that's how I see it. Ultimately, what Jittaloogin is suggesting is entirely fair.

Edited by NotDeadPool2

+1

Defending with Nerve Gas 100% falls under the "unfair advantage rule" while defending. If someone's raiding you and cracking your keypads, and all you have to do is throw a nerve gas at the wall to kill them, what are they supposed to do? Shoot the nerve gas? It's blatantly unfair, as you can pretty much just attack them through the wall, or just throw the nerve gas and then just let them cook in it. Zero counterplay to that type of defense, and thus completely unfair.

1 hour ago, IAreGunner said:

It isn't though. Very explicitly in the rules, you are not allowed to make trap bases.

Edited by WohMi
oops
1 hour ago, WohMi said:

+1

Defending with Nerve Gas 100% falls under the "unfair advantage rule" while defending. If someone's raiding you and cracking your keypads, and all you have to do is throw a nerve gas at the wall to kill them, what are they supposed to do? Shoot the nerve gas? It's blatantly unfair, as you can pretty much just attack them through the wall, or just throw the nerve gas and then just let them cook in it. Zero counterplay to that type of defense, and thus completely unfair.

It isn't though. Very explicitly in the rules, you are not allowed to make trap bases.

Im saying it should be allowed, read what i said buddy. I never said it was allowed

Yes, I am sure making it harder to raid bases is a smart idea

Bases are so easy to raid right now that everyone is at constant risk

I am sure that the fact that people only raid to RDM lower level players is in no way connected to the fact that is is nearly impossible to raid a well made base

Our dying population is hard evidence that our current ruleset is fair and accepted by the average player

+1 to rule clarification

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
1 hour ago, mossly said:

Yes, I am sure making it harder to raid bases is a smart idea

Bases are so easy to raid right now that everyone is at constant risk

I am sure that the fact that people only raid to RDM lower level players is in no way connected to the fact that is is nearly impossible to raid a well made base

Our dying population is hard evidence that our current ruleset is fair and accepted by the average player

+1 to rule clarification

What a clueless take

”our dying population” 

Still a Top 5 Darkrp Server Based on ranking on Battlemetrics https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/gmod?features[c763648e-8d6e-11e9-9a0b-5bbb587702ca][or][0]=dbaf2421-8d71-11e9-8336-65d30e26a32c&countries=US

Same thing for game tracker

if you also take a 2nd to look it seems multiple top US darkrp servers have taken a hit rankings wise , (I can’t go too far back, but I would assume also losing a couple of players)

if you also look at how Gmod is doing with players overall you would notice that the game lost over 30-32% of its population. which during this game of the year is normal but definitely on the higher side. 

You should expect to see a 10-20% gmod pop increase going into December and January. 

so let me re-clarify/reiterate for you

the server isn’t dying, its not close to dying. Take it from someone whos seen periods like this over my 10,000 Hours / 8-9 Years playing this game.