DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

It is time

mossly

Total alt ban

Our economy is fucked because of them, the recent events, etc.

Just get rid of alts. Alt limit from 5 to 0.

Cons:

-lower pop

advantages:

-no longer would look like we pay for population

-economy less fucked

-less ban evasion

-not unfair to players who aren't complete and total trogolodyte losers; i mean players who don't spend money to alt

-no sold currency

No, you don't need alts. You have 25 million dollars and multiple permaweapons; just play the game. If you want to just make a number bigger go play an idle clicker game.

i'd also like to insert a prediction here that at least half of anyone who is against this will eventually grief the server and then leave

if I'm wrong, I am wrong

but i have not been wrong before

• Cringe 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 5
8 hours ago, mossly said:

no longer would look like we pay for population

Never looked that way, just people trying to farm a little money. Not everyone has time to grind 2 printers up until their first million.

economy less fucked

Alts being banned would not change the current state of the economy, an eco wipe would. I don’t think that’s a good idea…

less ban evasion

Uuhhh, I don’t even know how to respond to that

not unfair to players who aren't complete and total trogolodyte losers; i mean players who don't spend money

Players who don’t spend money are at a disadvantage regardless of alts look at permas and VIP for example.

no sold currency

Again, selling currency is already not allowed not sure what that has to do with alting.

No, you don't need alts. You have 25 million dollars and multiple permaweapons; just play the game. If you want to just make a number bigger go play an idle clicker game.

Sorry to burst your bubble but not everyone on here is a RP fiend. A lot of people including myself love to farm printers in a base with friends and have a great time doing so, with occasional roleplay here and there.

Edited by Vortex
  • Agree 3

+1 seriously tho, garnet is slowly and slowly becoming like every other big darkrp server, man. I miss old dark rp, because well, Gmod rp certainly is a sinking ship. (also ignore the haters, they spent 50 bucks to be a op skeleton with every gun in the game or a cod dom tatical army booba mommy with every gun in the game.)

• Like 1
  • Cringe 2
  • Disagree 2
7 minutes ago, Monkey_withagun said:

seriously tho, garnet is slowly and slowly becoming like every other big darkrp server

If anything it’s quite the opposite, Garnet Gaming is unique in the fact that they’re one of the few big servers that do allow alts.

• Confused 1
9 hours ago, Vortex said:

If anything it’s quite the opposite, Garnet Gaming is unique in the fact that they’re one of the few big servers that do allow alts.

i have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, the cold flesh of man, the way i was shown by our lord. In his service we have all oh shit wrong forum

shit sorry thought i was in schizopost central

Edited by Monkey_withagun
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Confused 1
7 hours ago, Vortex said:

Never looked that way, just people trying to farm a little money. Not everyone has time to grind 2 printers up until their first million.

Nearly every time I grouped up with low levels in the past year they've mentioned that they were happy some people were actually playing because they logged in and saw how spawn looked and then said they thought we were paying for our population.

Go play an idle clicker if you want the number to get big fast. Or, play the game and make money by 

-selling weapons with a profit margin

-gambling

-being a medic

-being police warden

-being a paid security guard or mercenary

-raiding 

-begging

aka actually playing any other aspect of the server

I often give away all my money and I recently just got back up to 2 ish mil after about 5 hours by gambling and selling weapons

Players who don’t spend money are at a disadvantage regardless of alts look at permas and VIP for example.

Yes, they are already at a disadvantage, so why ensure the disadvantage is even worse? 

Again, selling currency is already not allowed not sure what that has to do with alting.

Where do you think currency sellers get the IG money to sell? 

2 hours ago, Monkey_withagun said:

+1 seriously tho, garnet is slowly and slowly becoming like every other big darkrp server, man. I miss old dark rp, because well, Gmod rp certainly is a sinking ship. (also ignore the haters, they spent 50 bucks to be a op skeleton with every gun in the game or a cod dom tatical army booba mommy with every gun in the game.)

They just want an idle clicker that they can never lose because of all of the accounts they've paid for. Also, they didn't pay 50 for that monkey; those skele boys paid around 150$ for their CC. 

Edited by mossly
ahhh
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, hooboododoMartian said:

+1111111 been saying this for years, it’s a bad look on the server and it’s completely unfair 

an added piece of funny business here is that 2/5 people -1ing don't even regularly play DarkRP; gunner just is inactive and tdizz just made a whole dramapost about leaving

Edited by mossly
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, BINLADINHOE said:

Personally I am in favor of reducing the alt limit to one, that way it’s slightly easier if you want to do grinding but you don’t have the crazy fuckers with 30 alts printing 

This would also be fine

As seen recently, people have used their alt army to 

-ban evade

-grief

-sell currency like a RuneScape gold merchant

-defend bases

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mossly said:

This would also be fine

As seen recently, people have used their alt army to 

-ban evade

-grief

-sell currency like a RuneScape gold merchant

-defend bases

what’s stopping players from hopping on a alt + vpn? there still gonna be able to ban evade and grief. 

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, IAreGunner said:

what’s stopping players from hopping on a alt + vpn? there still gonna be able to ban evade and grief. 

What's stopping them now? We can discourage without thinking that we are gonna be 100% successful 

15 hours ago, mossly said:

Go play an idle clicker if you want the number to get big fast. Or, play the game and make money by 

-selling weapons with a profit margin

-gambling

-being a medic

-being police warden

-being a paid security guard or mercenary

-raiding 

-begging

aka actually playing any other aspect of the server

It’s funny you make it sound so simple but none of these jobs make actual good money or exp. The only substainable ways are farming printers / meth or crack (all of them require being in a base). The only other ‘’okay’’ option to level up outside of a base is the Level 1 delivery man job, I haven’t done the actual math but you’d have to do ~ 40 000+ deliveries to reach level 100. I work 40 hours a week and don’t necessarily want to use my couple hours of free time to do stuff that won’t help my progression. Where I’m at, progression only consists of making money for !unbox and the overpriced standard points NPC / exp for Prestige.

Edited by Vortex
  • Cringe 1
  • Winner 1