DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Chawhead's Staff Application

Chawhead

• DarkRP Administration Team

In-game name: chawhead

SteamID (https://steamid.io/😞 STEAM_0:1:47454988

Warns: 0

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Playtime?:| chawhead has played for 6749:00:06.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes (OBS)

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] @MerkAlexConway

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] co-owned two small time servers and have been staff on here four times

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I believe I should be picked over other applicants because of my experience with the team as a staff member in the past. I have almost 14k hours on Garry's mod which shows I have the dedication to something that I care about also I have been with Garnet gaming for 7 plus years so if that doesn't show dedication I don't what does. I also know the rules like the back of my hand, every time I report someone I read the rules for what I'm reporting them for so I can make sure I'm right and if I'm wrong I look to further educate myself, the player, and the staff member to help us become more knowledgeable players so that we don't make that mistake again. I know the two bans don't help my application but consider honest that a second chance means I can apply that hard-fought knowledge I gained from my time off and use it to do what is right, allowing myself to grow beyond my past failures.  

I’m also a reputable player on the server, I meet a lot of people and become friends with them to build a bond and help them along their journey here. Even though I’m not a part of the staff team I still help players in any way I can (with the rules, building bases, how to do jobs, ECT). I go all out when I am a staff member, my role play time goes down and my staffing duties go up, I truly have confidence in the fact that I take it seriously. Henry Ford once said “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success” That resonates with me on so many levels the whole quote is about teamwork coming together (helping out team members when called upon, helping team members with questions and concerns they have). Keeping together (keeping in touch with team members inside & outside of garnet, being there for team members in their time of need ) Working together (being side by side as a cohesive unit, Helping out with events. Reviewing a clip or screenshot for a second opinion)

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details I've been banned twice, once for racism (was a complete accident) and accidental mass random death match

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: November 13, 2022. Sometime in 2020, and the other 2 are from 2016 and 2018

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 2 to 3 hours when I get home from work. half of Sunday

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? Boating, offroading, mud bogs, shooting guns, anything outdoors.

Did you read the staff rules?: {GG} chawhead

Edited by Chawhead
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Neutral

You've made a fantastic application and I think you've given some great reasons for wanting to help the staff team, your ability to self-reflect is ideal, as is your emphasis on ensuring that the staff team works together, these things are so important. You have an enormous amount of hours on the server, and from what I have seen you're a decent guy who likes to have a laugh and put a lot of energy into everything you do. Your referrals from both Alex and Merk speak for themselves, short of asking Garnet, what more could you ask for? Great news. The reason for being neutral is because while I know you've been a great person from all I have seen in the past, I do question how you've received two non-trivial bans in the last two months? How have you been perfect for thousands of hours and suddenly get these two bans? Under normal circumstances (if I didn't know you) it would be a major cause for concern. Did you get mixed up with the wrong people maybe? It just doesn't seem like you, but without having had the chance to catch up or a full explanation here, I just can't give you a +1 just on that basis, but neither do I want to give a -1 based on my experiences with you in the past. It's a real shame because initially when I saw your application I thought to myself "Easy +1 right there". I do wish you the best of luck but I'm going to stay neutral for now.

• Cringe 2
  • Spicy 1