DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Raiding Rule

NotDeadPool2

Idea: Make it rule so that people have to be outside a base in order to advert raid

Description: I feel like this would at least give people more of a reaction time and more of a chance to defend their base so they can't just walk in and mow everyone down immediately after pressing their bind. Unless they have explosives. Then you're screwed almost always.

• Disagree 1

For me, I kinda like sitting in a base thinking is this guy going to advert raid and destroy me, pointless addition to the rulebook for me

you’re also asking people to basically record , have software up that would be able to save clips. 

Just seeing how difficult it would be to enforce I just don’t care to see it be a thing also

Edited by IAreGunner
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

I do agree with the others on this. I like to scout the place out a bit, then advert when I think nobody is looking (and this may be because they left the front door unlocked and so I'd be standing in the 'lobby' area just inside of the base but before the fading doors). They already have to advert before cracking keypads, picking locks or killing anyone - so it's not as though they will get inside without adverting. I'm not sure I see much reason to enforce this rule, and enforcing it would be tricky as it would need clips to prove every case. If you're worried about people 'insiding' then just make sure they are in your party.

• Informative 1

Aside from the other reasons which others have stated in the thread, this rule would be an absolute pain in the ass to enforce. If someone adverts raid immediately as they walk in to the shop, are they outside or inside?  What if someone adverts assist on the inside, but the original raid was on the outside? 

This rule would just cause unnecessary complication to raiding, and would likely not be very heavily enforced.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • DarkRP Management Team

Denied
This alteration would benefit the average gun shop or open-lobby base by giving them more time to prepare a defense against oncoming raiders, but unfortunately, it would be very difficult to track. 😞 

It seems like we would be running around in circles for most reports on this because of the large percentage of our population who can't/don't care to record their every move on OBS or medal. 

Thank you for your time!

Edited by Merk

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines