DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

DarkRP Donation Portal Update

Description: I've made a suggestion like this so long ago I can't find it but I figure with the 'freshening' going on with DarkRP and with the Support Portal etc. it would be as good a time as any to update the Donator portal. The current state is of items that have been added without images (or incorrect images), descriptions, or even full names, making it hard for someone to make an informed decision on purchasing an item.

When I'm going to the store to buy an item, if I see a picture of a gun and get something entirely different, I'm going to feel a bit ripped off. A good example would be the suggestion I made a few years ago, the "SW MODEL 3 RUSSI" on the store.

spacer.png

So we have what is listed as an SW Model 3 Russian. Now, if you don't know what that gun actually is, you might think that the gun on the picture is the gun you'll be getting. INCORRECT. The picture used here is an SW Model 19, a gun I would LOVE to have.

However, the SW Model 3 Russian looks like this:

spacer.png

A new player would have NO WAY of knowing with certainty what gun they'd be receiving. If they know what an SW Model 3 Russian is, they know it's not the gun in the picture. And if the entity selling you a gun doesn't even know what it's called, it's a tossup on what you'll be getting.

Here's some more examples:

spacer.png

What's a GHOST KNIFE | HYP?

GHOST KNIFE | COS?

There's no image and there's no description.

The Garnet Vape doesn't have a picture, so how would you know what color clouds you'll get?

spacer.png

The Luger, Vikhr, HK45, and Contender G2 could use a simple picture from Google Images (so long as you're using the correct gun)

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]

The Donation portal accurately describing and presenting the items you will receive when donating is essential to the server in my opinion. A prospective donor must trust that they will be receiving what they think they will be, and not "leaving it up to chance" and just buying something to see what they might get. Donating for items should not be a gamble.

Besides the actual necessity of the donation portal accurately describing it's offerings, it would look much more professional to see each of the offerings in a somewhat consistent fashion. This would be a low effort way to make the donation experience more polished and complete from a user perspective.

Additional Information: ^

• Agree 5
  • 3 weeks later...