Vanity's Ban Appeal

Vanity

In-Game Name: 1MD DI 1stSgt Vanity

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:89906232

When did the punishment occur?: 10:00 10/7/18

Warn/Ban Reason: Advertising

Who was involved?: Vanity, Delphin

Why should your appeal be accepted?: Basically, a guy started spamming "GO PLAY VENOMOUSGAMING", and as a joke I said something along the lines of "wow venomousgaming is clearly superior cause this random guy spammed it, who wants to go play with me". I didnt understand that saying a server name was a death sentence, and I am very dedicated and active on the server. 

Proof (Screenshots/Recordings): Cant get a pic but Delphin said he had them.

Follow the WHOLE Format.

Edited by Vanity
3 hours ago, im_Red said:

I dont even think you posted it into ooc you sent it to ilano who then posted it in ooc  (unless im mistaking) may not matter but yea

Best of luck

he posted it in ooc, then ilano copy pasted his message into ooc again

I mean, if it was genuine advertising, then it's a ban. Howver, if it was a joke, and the staff who punished you also deems it a joke, then you should be good to go. Obviously I'm not staff, nor do I have jurisdiction on your sentence, however if you could provide a few more things to help your case (at least for me), I'd be happy to side with you on removing the punishment. Provide your playtime, confirm that you have never played/interacted with anything related to that server, and provide a little bit more background information on the situation. I want to believe you. Good luck 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bread God said:

I mean, if it was genuine advertising, then it's a ban. Howver, if it was a joke, and the staff who punished you also deems it a joke, then you should be good to go. Obviously I'm not staff, nor do I have jurisdiction on your sentence, however if you could provide a few more things to help your case (at least for me), I'd be happy to side with you on removing the punishment. Provide your playtime, confirm that you have never played/interacted with anything related to that server, and provide a little bit more background information on the situation. I want to believe you. Good luck 

My play time is 53 hours I believe, and I know Trip, doberman, and a few other Marines can vouch I play on the server a lot and have never had any bad intentions. A guy got killed and was pretty pissed so he started spamming "VENOMOUSGAMING is better" so I said "guys this guy spammed that venomousgaming was better who wants to go play with me". Delphin has the photos of the event.

I mean, from what you are saying, it's perfectly reasonable and people should be able to differentiate it from real to a joke. I give a +1 for your appeal, however we need to wait for Delphin to provide his evidence and his final say. Good luck

• Like 1

+1 Jokes like this even in bad taste should not ruin someones career on a server. It means a lot that he made 1st Sgt in just 53 hours. I feel like the majority of the cases of advertising are really never meant to be serious and usually run the persons name in the mud for really no reason.

https://gyazo.com/02fd003b364d642cada1eebe173e94eb

There's the evidence of the event. 

I already had this conversation with you in person, and I spoke with Jasmin on the issue as well. I understand that it doesn't seem like it should be a big deal to joke around about these types of things, but there a few lines that we as staff just can't let any one cross without taking action. I suggest that you think about what you type before you type it next time, and furthermore that you review the rules posted below in addition. 

1 minute ago, Chef Ramardee said:

https://gyazo.com/02fd003b364d642cada1eebe173e94eb

There's the evidence of the event. 

I already had this conversation with you in person, and I spoke with Jasmin on the issue as well. I understand that it doesn't seem like it should be a big deal to joke around about these types of things, but there a few lines that we as staff just can't let any one cross without taking action. I suggest that you think about what you type before you type it next time, and furthermore that you review the rules posted below in addition. 

I understand that no advertising isnt in the rules, and that its only under punishments, I talked to Jasmin about it and she said that it would be added, and that it technically falls under common sense. Also I did forget the I in gaming so technically.. Nah, Im just kidding. But the No Advertising thing should be clearly stated in the rules, IMO.

The fact that he was banned for it in the first place regardless is kind of sad. You'd have to be a complete baby to ban him for this, not even warn lmao. 

+1 in hopes that he's unbanned and the staff get a good heads up on petty shit like this

• 300 IQ 1