Add a mayor assassin

Description:  So basically, I'm suggesting that there should be a role that can disguise as a cop and attempt to kill the mayor.

Reasoning: However there will be signs that they're not real, such as different accessories and or a different shade of role color to have a way for the mayor to tell that a cop is a fake. There should also be a timer on the disguise, a countdown will appear until your disguise will run out and your name would be revealed.

Additional Information: this should be a mid tier class, maybe level 70-90. and I think that if the mayors assassin dies they should be removed from the role just like the mayor, and have a cooldown to prevent people from continuously trying to kill the mayor.

Please add any suggestions or if you just straight up don't want it in the replies! 

• DarkRP Administration Team

Eh I think it'd be fun for a couple days but it might get old quick. I'm fine with our regular Hitman/Assassin jobs already, not sure I really care for this one.

• Sad 1

This would turn me into the most paranoid nutcase on the planet while I'm playing mayor. I wouldn't let ANYONE in my PD. 

More objectively, creating a class whose sole purpose is to counter/kill another class is kinda lame. The mayor already has plenty of ways to die, and the server meta isn't really clamoring for another one.

Interesting idea but I don't think this ever works in reality. If this was added, the new "meta" would be to look at the tab menu and see who was "mayor assassin." Even if you could disguise them as Police Officer in the tab menu people would be always looking to see the availability of that class, and when it was claimed, and then be able to piece together who the assassin is. I think it's a fun idea, and reminds me of tf2 Spy but I don't think it works in a DRP server. If there's someway around the implementation issues then it'd be a +1 from me.

On 2/22/2024 at 11:56 AM, PiesAreCool said:

However there will be signs that they're not real, such as different accessories and or a different shade of role color to have a way for the mayor to tell that a cop is a fake. There should also be a timer on the disguise, a countdown will appear until your disguise will run out and your name would be revealed.

-1 for how it was suggested, However I would be in favor of making it so that the deadshot class can disguise themselves as a PD officer and has access to the PD comms channel along with changing the color of the name to the shade of blue that the CPs use, This would give a major incentive to trying to reach presige 2 to use the class along with putting the fear of god into the mayor

While I'm not fully in agreement with the original suggestion, I do see a slightly different suggestion which would be pretty cool:

Allow hitman classes to choose if they would like to disguise themselves as people they have killed - taking on the player-model of a cop (for arguments sake) which they killed in a previous hit, but with their job remaining as "Hitman" and a rule added to prevent them from changing their job name while in disguise. This would mean that at a glance, they look like a cop, but if you took a closer look you'd see their job is actually a hitman, keeping a fair balance which wouldn't be too OP while allowing for an interesting and unique play-style. This could simply be added to all current hitman classes, rather than making a new one.