DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Property system for buying bases

Description: I'd like to see the server implement a property system where if you buy/sell one door of a base/building it will automatically buy/sell all the doors associated with that specific building. There are many variants of addons that accomplish this I'd be happy to see one as simple as you just press R on a door and it automatically buys all the doors of that building, or alternatively it would be cool to see a property selling NPC or computer where you could buy each house for various amounts and it could even include names for each downtown building.

Reasoning: This would benefit the server in Multiple ways

- Fixes the issue that I frequently run into where people will randomly own one or two doors in a base they are not basing in

- Fixes the issue of the many large bases that have so many doors that one person basing there can't own every door in their base due to hitting the door limit.

- Would create a cool element of RP & Immersion especially if each building is given a name and making more popular/good base locations more expensive

Possible Issues/Solutions:

Issue 1: Could be detrimental to server performance? not even sure if this is the case

Solution 1: Garnets active developers could find/develop an optimized addon

Issue 2: some players like the "feel" of vanilla?

Solution 2: have them try a vanilla dark rp server

this section will be updated as comments bring to light possible issues and solutions

Additional Information: Here's some example photos of what I'm describing
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Note: these images are just example images and not specific addons I'm requesting.

New note: Seems like many active players are saying a system like this would solve an issue they run into

Thank you for reading looking forward to hearing feedback and hopefully seeing this implemented!

Edited by devilsbrother
note added
  • Like 2
  • DarkRP Management Team

+1

This would not only be convenient for the players buying the doors, but also prevent tedious door ownership reports. +1 from me who's had to deal with a few too many of those

• Like 1

Man I really love this idea but I also agree with Gunner on this one. Keep it vanilla, keep it simple... 

MAYBE IF WE HAD ANOTHER DARK RP ON A BIGGER MAP WITH MORE HOUSES WE COULD DO THIS. MAYBE WE CALL IT CITYRP

But im gonna have to -1 this. Great idea tho.

• Dumb/Shitpost 2
  • Disagree 1
2 hours ago, KingMash said:

Man I really love this idea but I also agree with Gunner on this one. Keep it vanilla, keep it simple... 

Bro this is quite possibly the most vanilla suggestion possible, What fundamental aspect of playing on the server does this change? All it would do is make it not nearly as much of a pain in the ass to buy a base. +1

Edited by BINLADINHOE
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, BINLADINHOE said:

Bro this is quite possibly the most vanilla suggestion possible, What fundamental aspect of playing on the server does this change? All it would do is make it not nearly as much of a pain in the ass to buy a base. +1

What’s vanilla about going to a whole different door system thats not apart of the game but a mod?

• Agree 1
45 minutes ago, IAreGunner said:

whole different door system thats not apart of the game but a mod?

“Whole Different Door System” I am just saying that when you purchase one door the rest in the building should be yours when you buy the one, it’s a relatively simple thing that has no major impact on the game besides a minor Quality of life improvement, I wouldn’t be in favor of a complete change to how doors are done but a simple when you buy one the rest are yours would be a massive improvement 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
22 hours ago, WohMi said:

Like the Idea, but gonna have to agree with Gunner. Owned doors are about the easiest problems to fix, and we're really in no need for an overhaul.

This topic is suggesting a fix even if its as simple as buying one door automatically all in a building

this topic is also fixing another issue of not being able to buy all doors in a building