computers other try D:

In-game name: StS computer TLG

Discord username: newsreporter

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:425619557

Active Warns: just 1

Timezone: EST

Current Playtime: StS computer TLG has played for 769:08:39.

Do you have access to Discord and a microphone?: [YES/NO]

Are you a member of the Garnet Gaming DarkRP Discord?: [YES/NO]

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] DONTTOUCHMYFROG, StarPhantom, Zack, Orion, Derpza, Gabbox, Chawhead

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] was staff for a while like 8 months ago

Why should we choose you over other applicants?: [minimum 2 paragraphs] You should choose me for staff because I am a nice and responsible guy, yes I may be 14 (and I know im DEFINITELY not the first person to say this) I am genuinely mature for my age, I have been staff before and got burnt out really fast because I CONSTANTLY played the game to the point where I would cancel my own IRL plans to just play gmod and rot in my room all day, but now I dont do that and I have a legitimate life outside of the game and I want to come back and help the staff team out with sits, especially since a bunch of people are actively on the server (the average player count is most likely higher than what it was when I was staff before). And I just want to help out the staff team with doing all of the sits and give new players or already existing players a good experience and help them get a good kick off into the server.

I am generally pretty nice to people on the server and have good interactions with nearly everyone. Sometimes I can get a bit out of hand (as shown with my timeout from progs lol), but that is pretty rare especially now because I have gotten older since before and even more mature. This time if I get through to the interview I am not failing the training, im gonna pass it with flying colors and demolish those questions.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: once for mrdm, an accepted appeal, and a timeout from proggy 😧

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: I made one a little bit ago and failed the training 0-0, and did a couple around 9 months ago

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 3-5 hours a day

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?: I like fixin up motorbikes and riding around with my friends, playing sports too

Did you read the staff rules?: computer 😄

Edited by computer
new referral
  • Like 2
  • Informative 1

+1

Why make someone reapply? The community has already spoken and stated that they want you as staff. You've already been staff. What is the purpose of further community feedback?

In a scenario where someone doesn't pass the training, wouldn't that typically require a retraining of either the applicant or the trainer themselves?

How hard can the current system be that a past staff can fail even after receiving an entire re-training?

I'm with AJ that I think this is a silly requirement and that the training/onboarding process needs refined to prevent this from happening again.
From a training and orientation perspective, it makes very little sense.

TL;DR  Computer's already been accepted and recently. No reason not to accept this one, even less a reason for it to be required.

• Agree 1

+1

Confirming Referral

Sadly, they made you reapply again cus u failed the training, but I hope you pass the training when u get accepted! I have had good interaction with this man right here, he deserves another shot at staff, hope he doesn't claim all the tickets. Good luck man!

Edited by ZekRemains
  • Like 1

Aside from young you've been a solid dude. Seem to have a vested interest in the server and always been cool.

also you've already been accepted just failed training garnet fix broke system pls

+1

Edited by Omnipotent
  • Like 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

+1

I think Computer would be a good addition to the staff team, you've always been a good laugh in my own experiences and you show a true care for wanting to help the team. You do currently have one active warn, I'd generally say it's best to allow active warns to expire (it's only 2 weeks of good behaviour) but otherwise all of your prior-bans are from a long time ago, so there's no issues there. You have some great referrals and prior experience on the team which is awesome, and so I wish you the best of luck!

Just reading through some of the other responses here which I thought were a bit surprising:

10 hours ago, ajbedhead said:

Not only that, the whole new training system itself is totally out of the line from what the training should be like.

The training is essentially the same as it was previously, albeit with some updated / reworded questions during the interview stage to reflect the current server rules and changes, and without the need for TeamSpeak. Everything else remains the same from the trainees perspective, just as it was when both of us were previously managers. I think if you had any ideas / criticism then it's worth putting them forwards to the managers / HR Director for them to actually be considered. I don't think it's helpful to tell prospective staff members that the training system is "totally out of line".

9 hours ago, ShankNinja said:

In a scenario where someone doesn't pass the training, wouldn't that typically require a retraining of either the applicant or the trainer themselves?

How hard can the current system be that a past staff can fail even after receiving an entire re-training?

It's actually always been the case that if someone fails both training attempts, they are then removed from the team and have to re-apply (albeit normally after X number of days so the applicant can study). It's been this way since I first joined the staff team years ago and remains the same to this day. However, under previous management things were a lot more relaxed - instead of ensuring potential new staff members where knowledgable by having them pass a test, they were essentially assisted through that stage under the directions of those who were previously running the server. It goes without saying that this wasn't indicative of high-quality staff. Under current management though, this is back to being properly enforced again to ensure the quality of staff remains high. Remember that failing isn't a bad thing, it shows application and even I didn't pass with flying colours myself, it highlighted areas that I need to focus on. The illusion that everyone passes easily and first time is the damage which has been left behind by those who chose not to properly enforce the system before.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

zvjizvrkco.png

PENDING INTERVIEW

Thank you for your application. After deliberation with the Human Resources Team, we have decided to tentatively accept your application and advance you on to the interview stage. Please ensure you have joined the Garnet Gaming DarkRP Discord Server. A link to the discord can be found at the top of the page on the Navigation Bar, or here.

Once in the Discord, please message anyone with the "HR Division" role, or any member of the Administration Team, with a few dates and times to coordinate your interview.
Thank you again for the time and effort you put into your application. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Community responses may still be posted during this time, thank you!

• Like 1
  • Creative 1

+rep this anyways 

Oh yeah, good luck on the trainings, I know they can be rather challenging at times. Don't overestimate yourself or underestimate yourself, buckle down and ride the bull, cowboy!

Edited by NotDeadPool2
  • Like 1
  • DarkRP Management Team
Posted (edited)

zvjizvrkco.png
Denied

It seems I made a mistake in my previous ruling. Certain recent events have persuaded me to retract my original decision and deny your application at this time. Please adapt to a clean behavior pattern in the coming weeks in order for this infringement to be overruled in the future.

You may re-apply in 72 hours..

Edited by Merk
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1