DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

please change this back :D <3

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum] yall changed it where rpg and explosives can damage you make it where nerve gas cant theres no real point of using nerve gas the only point is to throw it while raiding the keypads and stuff

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] no real point to make this do damage to yourself

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

• Community Director
Posted (edited)

I think self-damage prevents people from being careless with them. An RPG that doesn't deal damage to you/teammates, is overpowered ten fold than one that doesn't. It takes skill to need to aim and use it now from afar; as opposed to look down at your feet, point, click. -1

Edited by AlexConway
13 minutes ago, AlexConway said:

I think self-damage prevents people from being careless with them. An RPG that doesn't deal damage to you/teammates, is overpowered ten fold than one that doesn't. It takes skill to need to aim and use it now from afar; as opposed to look down at your feet, point, click. -1

its not about the rpg its about nerve gas??

1 hour ago, AlexConway said:

Yeah this is right on. -1

• Like 1
  • Community Director
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Fat Good BOI said:

its not about the rpg its about nerve gas??

Commas are important in sentence structure. But either way it was an example, the point still stands, shooting an RPG at your feet or throwing a big cloud of gas with 0 repercussions to you/party members, are both equally as dumb.

7 hours ago, Fat Good BOI said:

changed it where rpg and explosives

Edited by AlexConway
  • Informative 1

+1

personally if im raiding someone, and im gonna use nerve gas, im gonna throw it at the door... where the keypads are... where im gonna be standing... so for you to be using nerve gas in some other way at a base, idk where tf your throwing it at for it to not be at the door, but yea, with raids nerve is kinda useless now

• Like 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Agree with Buster and the others about nerve gas. Feels shit to use a tool meant for raiding (and is allowed to be used for such, mind you) only to throw it and have to wait outside a base or in a corner until it goes away, all because for some reason it allows self-damage. RPGs I totally understand since it's pretty easy to kill with a rocket to the ground, but nerve gas makes no sense to me.

+1

• DarkRP Administration Team
On 3/31/2024 at 8:32 PM, AlexConway said:

I'm fine with explosives being overpowered as long as you can't defend your base with them. It helps even the playing-field of raiding. I don't understand the mentality behind trying to nerf raiders when raiding is already so difficult.

+1

• Agree 1

I do not wish for the RPG or any explosives to not damage yourself, though the nervegas is next to useless as of now. So i am giving a +1 for nervegas not to damage you, perhaps black market dealer could sell gas masks that last so and so long? 

• Agree 1

+1

i agree with this, i just simply dont see the point of nerve gas and it makes raiding a little easier which i mean we complain so much how its impossible/nearly impossibles so why are we making it more difficult?