DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Skate 3: Garnet Edition

We should add skateboard to DarkRP for a chill way to travel across the map or to have more fun with. This could bring something new to Garnet and spark up some interactions within the community again. Just like the vapes, you can add it to the !credits point shop and possibly create different skins that people can use it. I have people within the Garnet DarkRP Community that have said "If they added skateboards, I'll spend hours to make a skatepark." You could also now only add new skins for the skateboard but also make different variations. Want to be Marty McFly? Here's a hoverboard for you. Want to add more stuff to the Point Shop? How about we give customization to the hoverboard trails. Please consider this suggestion.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Neutral

I'm a little torn, because I do like the idea, but it's not in-keeping with the server's vanilla aim. I also wonder whether players can be damaged by getting run-over (so to speak) and if that would become a problem with minges, or players prop-pushing using the skateboard? I do see the benefits, and I'd love to see peoples skatepark builds. There's already some decent bowls around the map that come to mind. Overall I'm not totally convinced that the non-vanilla addon and possible issues outweigh the benefits, but I'd be interested to read further discussion and see some potential addons before deciding on a +1 or -1.

• Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Doubling what Gunner said. We have plenty of ways of already moving across the map in a reasonable manner, I don't think we really need another one at this time.

• Agree 1