DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

StS MO Jaren Staff Application

• DarkRP Administration Team

-1 I have seen you engaging in semi toxic arguments on numerous occasions. I'd like to see more positive engagement with the community from you. If you do get accepted it would be cool to have you as a gamemaster.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Thomass said:

Unfortunately I'm going to have to change my vote to a -1 because of your response to Gunner. Being toxic back to other players changes nothing and just perpetuates the situation. It also concerns me since as a member of staff, there is no room for you to act that way. 

I said I would return the favor, as in I would quite simply ruin their day by getting them in trouble with staff. Whatever.

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Toxic 1
  • Disagree 1
  • DarkRP Management Team

+1

I'm not too familiar with your previous reputation on the server, however from what I've seen you've usually been great. Helping out new players and the like.
You're previous experience is also a plus. I'd agree with Gunner, that "return the favor" mentality can no longer be a thing if you become staff. We deal with constant minging and toxicity, can't let that affect your judgement as staff.

All in all, I see no reason you're undeserving of the Trial position.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, HtmlRoot said:

Thats most likely one or two scenarios out of the many where i've came out on top. When people harass me or act like an asshole to me, I simply return them the favor. I live by the saying "Treat people like you want to be treated"

Ok so after looking over some of the comments from down below mine I am going to add something on to here I will not change my vote for now but I am thinking on changing it due to a comment I saw quoted here and something else I saw of which I will not mention due to the privacy of the person. You can not under any circumstances have the mentality of "Treat them how you have been treated" If they treat you badly and then you turn around and do the same thing to them it can have a bad outlook on not only you but the staff team as well. Have you ever heard of that old saying if you fight fire with fire all you are going to get is a bigger fire then you are going to get burned? The same thing goes for toxicity and harassment. IF you respond to that with your own toxicity and harassment it just makes both you and the person who started it look bad. If you just ignore it and move on then only the person who started it looks bad. Again I am hesitant here but depending of future comments from here will determine whether or not I change my vote. You have to start interacting better with the community and show you can have a level head when things go south if you don't then you are just giving the other person what they want which is attention and that is all they are looking for. If you don't give them the attention they are looking for then eventually it will go away. If you have an issue with a player then report it to upper staff with evidence of the toxicity and harassment and they will handle it. Again after I post this here I will be looking closely at future comments and see if I change my vote.

Edited by Orion8559
  • Like 1

From what i've seen on the forums your behavior is provocative and immature. I would suggest you lay off the status updates, toxic comments and just reform a little more before going back to staffing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

neutral

even tho ME AND YOU ARE GOOD FRIENDS! i am gonna -1 i mean from what everyone else is saying that youve been active immature and starting fights in ooc etc i mean ur a good guy ik that you would be a good staff member and just like everyone else said just dont antagonised people you feel me and shit i mean good that you report em but going on there profile and or other stuff or fighting there friends wouldnt be a good look for staff sorry my guy ily

No hard feelings 😄

• Like 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
Posted (edited)

As others have mentioned if you are accepted onto the team, your tit for tat attitude towards toxicity and harassment needs to stop. The manager at your local Walmart doesn't want to hear complaints that their electronics guy is calling customers idiots, nor would I want to hear you getting into spats with the playerbase.

That being said since I'm already referring you, you kind of know where I stand. Just try to be a bit friendlier and calm.

+1

Edited by Errol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, HtmlRoot said:

I said I would return the favor, as in I would quite simply ruin their day by getting them in trouble with staff. Whatever.

Yeah but do you see what I mean? It's even your mentality here, in your own words you'd be doing it to "ruin their day." That's not at all the mentality you should have especially if you're gonna be staff. I have no issue at all with you reporting a toxic player on this server and improving our community by doing so. But, my issue lies within the fact that your attitude is "well if they do so and so I'm gonna do it back and hit them even harder" - while that can work in some cases in life, in a situation where you are a staff member that represents the staff team on a DarkRP server on Garry's Mod, it will not work. I'm not at all trying to harp on you or anything either, trust me I've made a few mistakes here, including when I was on the staff team. No one's perfect and I'll be the first to attest to that. It's just that your mentality needs to change a bit if you're going to be a successful person on this staff team.

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1

your a cool person but quite toxic from what ive seen and heard. and I have to agree with the others on your "treat them how they treat you" attitude.

I know you have also stated that you would report stuff harrasment wise and yeah its good to report but you kinda just cant start it off with what you said.

Your staff app is good but that is not all to this role. Seeing you are previous staff you should know most of these things about toxicity.

• Like 1
  • DarkRP Management Team

zvjizvrkco.png
DENIED

Unfortunately, after deliberation with the Dark RP Administration Team, we have decided to deny your Staff Application. This decision was made in part due to the following reasons:

Although you have been on a run of good behavior in-game, due to your history combined with instances of toxicity on the forums and in discord channels with other members of staff,
we've decided to deny your application. We have not seen a behavior trend meeting with the standards for staff members.

Thank you for the time and effort you put into your application. You may reapply in weeks.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 2