Nerfing the MP5A5

Bendak

Description: I propose that we nerf the MP5A5 by the means of adding harsher drop-off damage, reducing damage overall, or adding a bigger spray to it.The fact that as a donator weapon costing $10 and as an SMG, it dominates at all ranges, whether it is 10 feet away or 100 feet away. And throughout the ranges it has zero damage drop-off, so it has the ability to 5 shot anyone from any range. 

Reasoning: The fact that the weapon is so powerful at a $10 price makes it less fun for the server because now everyone is using the same gun since it is so cheap. And for the fact that the MP5A5 should not laser enemies from 100 feet away which is overpowered and unrealistic. The gun is broken and it is very easy to see that. It is close to safe to say that the outcomes of wars on the server are dependent on how many people have MP5A5s on each side.

Additional Information: 

MP5A5 range demonstration.

Wars are not determined by who which side has more MP5 users. 

Its not "give the gun to anyone and they become a god" skilled people will excel with the MP5. No offense to others, but people who have MP5 and arent that skilled it wont be doing anything useful in war. 

You wont find people stationary like that during war. people move and just jump everywhere. Jump peeking, sprinting. You gotta be on point with tracking to fully do damage like that at that distance or even at a greater distance. 

• Like 1

+1

I mean I honestly don't know why the MP5A5 exist like this atm. I think that the best change for it would be an increase in shot spread, because the most frustrating thing is being sniped by an MP5, which it is fully capable of doing in the right (or wrong I guess) hands. Snipers are for sniping, SMGs aren't. If an SMG can outclass a sniper in even a slight amount of situations, then it needs to be tweaked. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the MP5. In fact, I love using it and I've had a lot of fun doing so, I just hate the use of it at long ranges. Another acceptable nerf would be to the firerate/recoil, which are both a bit crazy, but I like how it makes the MP5 stand out from other SMGs. Overall, please don't nerf the MP5 out of existence, but give it it's own logical niche in which it can do its thing instead of being an insane all-rounder.

Btw that video you showed was a pretty bad example. Most if not all SMGs can hit a target from that far on semi-auto. The problem with the MP5A5 is that, in the hands of a skilled player, it can be sprayed at full auto, while strafing, outclassing even most snipers and easily killing a target. (This is a bit of a stretch)

Edited by Catfisher

I agree an SMG shouldn't hit that far, but I it also destroys the momentum of the gun itself. The mp5a5 provides accuracy in which you and the person in the greater distance have to be still unless you're able to control the weapon correctly. Without the proper handling and marksmanship, the gun serves just as a normal SMG, which is what it's intended to be. 

It's fine, it's not as broken as your portraying it to be. In the scenario that you provided, you showed you shooting at a person sitting still in the wide open(without cover). How often in war does this actually happen? Not a lot considering there are plenty of trees and other barricades along the way to OBJs. 

5 minutes ago, ClickBait said:

I agree an SMG shouldn't hit that far, but I it also destroys the momentum of the gun itself. The mp5a5 provides accuracy in which you and the person in the greater distance have to be still unless you're able to control the weapon correctly. Without the proper handling and marksmanship, the gun serves just as a normal SMG, which is what it's intended to be. 

An SMG is supposed to be a CQC weapon, not used as a long ranged weapon. And that is what it is capable of, which it shouldn't be.

1 minute ago, Crin {GG} said:

It's fine, it's not as broken as your portraying it to be. In the scenario that you provided, you showed you shooting at a person sitting still in the wide open(without cover). How often in war does this actually happen? Not a lot considering there are plenty of trees and other barricades along the way to OBJs. 

That was a demonstration of damage without bullet drop-off. Again, there is no problem with an SMG hitting a bullet from a far distance because that is entirely possible, but again an SMG is not meant for long range combat and should not be that effective from that range.

34 minutes ago, {GG} CJ said:

Its not "give the gun to anyone and they become a god" skilled people will excel with the MP5. No offense to others, but people who have MP5 and arent that skilled it wont be doing anything useful in war. 

You wont find people stationary like that during war. people move and just jump everywhere. Jump peeking, sprinting. You gotta be on point with tracking to fully do damage like that at that distance or even at a greater distance. 

I am not saying that the MP5A5 grants immediate skill and war capabilities to the player with the weapon in hand, but it should not have those capabilities for anyone for realism purposes and for server balance because enough skilled players have this weapon. 

46 minutes ago, [GG] Admin | Cameron said:

-1 git gud

I'm not speaking only for myself. This is speaking for a lot of people. I myself can use the MP5A5 well too, but I can still see it is way more powered than it should be. 

7 hours ago, {GG} CJ said:

That can be said about literally any weapon on the server. If you give a new player with no experience an orsis, he really isn’t going to do much with it. If you give him an AR15, again, he won’t do much. Same thing goes for the mp5a5. 

In terms of game balance, the mp5 is the most broken weapon weapon I personally have ever seen on my time on Garnet. It can basically snipe if you have some accuracy from extreme ranges, it can kill a 300 HP 100 armor RPG or nail gunner in half a second at close to medium ranges, and it can kill up to 3 people per clip at long ranges, all while being a close quarters SMG. 

What’s even worse, When you combine the MP5A5 with donator classes like RPG, guardian, etc, it becomes an issue of “whoever has the most donators wins”. Normally I’m against this argument, but when you have a weapon like the MP5 available, it’s reality. 

If if anyone ever played Overwatch, I always compare the mp5 to Mccrees fan the hammer  (right click) on release day. It was an ability that one shot most tanks, and all you had to do was click a button. It’s not exactly the best comparison, but that’s how I see it.

+1 for moderate to major nerfs. 

7 hours ago, Crin {GG} said:

It happens very often actually, like running around a corner and spraying down a whole squad and in CQC its superior to everything else especially non donator weapons

-1. Using the argument that the current MP5 "makes the server less fun" is a blanket argument  that you have no real proof to provide to back it up, while also considering the fact that the woes of a few members of the community isn't reason enough to nerf a donator weapon for everyone. The MP5A5, in the hands of a skilled player, is a dangerous weapon, such as every other powerful donator weapon that you can buy. It's 'dangerous' levels drop severely with those who can't control it properly.

Edited by CodyDrax