Conway - Warn Appeal

• Community Director

In-Game Name: 18B CSM John Lan

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:138807332

When did the punishment occur?: June 3rd 2018 1:45

Warn/Ban Reason: "FailRP" - "Saying the word MINGING in Comms"

Who was involved?: Kosmos

Why should your appeal be accepted?: Using COMMS to tell people to stop minging in US base, while running around in and out of base, isn't FailRP. It's in-character to in-character. If I referred to people's actions in game via OOC, like the staff suggested that would be metagaming. 

Proof (Screenshots/Recordings):  G9a36e5.png

2QcFi6I.pngOtvbdel.png

Alright, so prior to this incident you were warned twice by Ethan in chat. You also were warned by me in a sit room, where you took what I said and threw it out the window and continued after calling me abusive. I waited and you did it again, I was in a sit room getting ready to tp you but Ethan also reported it as well. Before deciding to warn I made sure I was fine to do so by lua. It was because you were talking OOC in Comms after asked to stop several times.

May I also mention, during the sit you were talking over the other people in the room as well as reported Ethan during the middle of my sit to try and evade me. This separate report in the middle caused Windows to drag you 2 away from me causing issues and making it much more difficult. 

Here are the screenshots of the console and you can see all of this as proof

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/912422882419986808/6190B015D0AFCEC63906A0B949BFBDAB0BD2FA85/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/912422882419986660/A92D48D8F381F2D9B85189551A5987791030439D/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/912422882419986475/643E49747691D48C9A8EE27461697269D30DAF4E/

You can see several people in here also asking him to stop.

Edited by Savitr
Just now, Savitr said:

You can see several people in here also asking him to stop.

I did not want to get involved as there were already several admins/mods involved. But Conway you cannot claim "Im being abused" in the middle of a sit to get into another. Then in the other sit that you created to avoid the first sit you cannot complain when they want to resume the first sit by saying "Thats not fair" and wanting the second sit to conclude before the first.

2 minutes ago, Savitr said:

as reported Ethan during the middle of my sit to try and evade me.

• Community Director

since when can't I say minging in comms? its a valid term,

10 minutes ago, Savitr said:

Before deciding to warn I made sure I was fine to do so by lua.

Lua isn't management?

10 minutes ago, Savitr said:

It was because you were talking OOC in Comms after asked to stop several times.

I referred to people's in game actions. (IC) asked the to stop via COMMS (IC)

22 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

since when can't I say minging in comms? its a valid term,

Lua isn't management?

I referred to people's in game actions. (IC) asked the to stop via COMMS (IC)

You are using OOC references inside of COMMS. COMMS is an in-character chat which can only hold information that is IC.

The other comms messages about you warning other US Soldiers about 2GA minging in base is fine. The one I reported you for was because you said "[COMMS] 18B CSM John Lan: Minging" (6190B015D0AFCEC63906A0B949BFBDAB0BD2FA85) This was in response to me telling you not to say minging in comms as it is a term used for Gmod when referring to certain players. This term in itself is not rule breaking, I was just asking you not to use it in comms and instead to use OOC for it since that is an issue that can be solved in OOC, comms was not needed. The rule breaking came in when you repeated the word "Minging" by itself in comms as a way to talk back to me. It was a misuse of comms, and it shouldn't have been used that way. In your report, you completely avoid showing that you did this, but this is the only reason that I reported you for it. The way you acted in the sit, and before it is another problem on your own maturity, but not being mature isn't rule breaking, so that isn't necessary to discuss (Stating this because others brought this up in response to your appeal).

Just now, Panini said:

even though you were told multiple times to stop, you continued.
Disregard the fact that you shouldn't know they're 2GA.

But you can say the word minge in comms

Geez for  you RU saying you're gods at RP yall really need to chill out

If anything a verbal should of been given AT MOST

• Like 1