Panini Ban Appeal

Panini

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:86187062

When did the punishment occur?: Sometime around 12:30 AM EST on 12/16/18

Warn/Ban Reason:- STEAM_0:1:86187062's ban was updated by 19D SMA Gildarts to 10 years. Reason: [Updated 3 ban Intent Mass while joking].

Who was involved?:  @Gildarts | GarnetGaming (Updated Mass Ban to 10 Year / Permanent Ban)

Why should your appeal be accepted?: Look, I fucking love this server. I've spent over 3.1k hours on it and have been absolutely faithful to it for the 8 months that I've been playing. Whether you love or hate me, you can't say that I haven't been committed. This server has taken up literally 90% of my playtime in video games for this year. I have been banned two times for Accidental Mass before, one with the Vega C4 and the other because I was stupid and didn't realize that the raid was called over. This is my first "real" mass ban. I was fucking around with friends and hit him with a rocket. With that, I also hit another person / other people with the explosion but didn't kill them. However, as GB (i was on Nailgunner at the time) went down to the bunker for DB, I was blocked by @{GG} CJ to which he stabbed me, and I shot him (either once or twice, he was low health on US Riot) with the FMG, and he died. I was then taken to a sit to which I said "this is a joke right" / "this is fuckin jokes, you're pranking me." I was then banned for mass for two weeks, and then a bit later was informed by people on discord that my ban had been updated to a permaban by Gildarts. I've talked to both Phantom and Gildarts about this, and they told me to make an appeal. It should be accepted because I've been an extremely active player, and love this community so much. I haven't been banned for Intentional Mass three times, only once. I get it, I fucked up big time, but it should not constitute a permaban. It also not like I've massed three times this month, it's been the two Accidental Masses in the span of many months, and then this mass ban, which the kills were spread out over a period of a few minutes. It's not like I ran into a DB or just killed people with the intent to mass. I was messing around with friends. With that, the accidental masses have been just that, accidental. It was with the Vega Commander Class C4, and then me being a retard and not realizing Fupert called raid over. I'll own up to them, and I'll stick by them. I get that it's a "3-ban and you're out" kind of deal, but I truly love this server, the people, and I am truly grateful for the friends I've made along the way. I would hate to have to find another community. and would truly miss everyone on the server. I love this server, and I've supported it and will continue to support it either through myself (if I get unbanned, this is), or buying shit for my friends and other people.

Proof (Screenshots/Recordings): The only thing I have is a meme Strawpoll that Gildarts made asking if I should be banned for 100 years, and this is the result:
4af7c753eb7ba26330b4590b328f1e62.png

Quick Note: I am in no way, shape, or form trying to get the Int. Mass / Two Week ban taken away. I'll own up to it because I'm an idiot and honestly it's 100% my fault. I'm here to appeal the Perm / 10 Year ban. I'll be taking Jin off of who was involved because of this, but I still welcome and appreciate his screenshots and input as he was the one who gave me the third Ban.

Edited by PaniniV2
Added Note
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

I think the 3 bans and a perma for accidental mass bans should be up to the higher staff to determine if the player is intentionally abusing the accidental ban system or is just accident prone (should still be more careful though, of course, 3 in a month or two months, no no). With this, the time between the bans is about 2 months or more, and they are accidental mass bans. I believe he should keep his 2 week ban, but there isn't a need for a permanent ban. What he did to earn this ban was entirely his fault, and he should be punished for it, but a permanent ban is excessive in this case, in my opinion.

+1 for a lessening of the perma ban to 2 weeks instead.

• 300 IQ 3

+1 panini has been active on the server for a long time. 8+ months and he has one real ban and 2 acc mass bans. I don't think that a perm ban was the right decision in this situation. I fully agree with the mass ban but the perm is definitely an overkill.

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin
3 minutes ago, Jasmin | Garnetgaming.net said:

It great how the community it actively responding to this appeal with +1, it's great that you have a belief. I want to hear @Gildarts | GarnetGaming reasoning to this as he did update the ban to a permanent.

Definitely not trying to put words in peoples mouths, but it's my understanding that there is a "3 Mass Bans and you are perma'd rule." This was Panini's 3rd mass ban since he started playing GG, 8 months ago.

+1 panini is a big part of this community, he helps keep it fun and a distraction from the real world. He isn't an massRDMer hes just an idiot. Just ban him for 2 weeks , he doesn't deserve a 10 year ban. He is legit a lot of people reasons for staying on this server.