What map would you love to see again?

Guest Gildarts

What map would you love to see again?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What map would you love to see again?

Guest Gildarts

What map would you love to see and play on again if you could? You can't change your vote.

Post why you would like to see what map. What would  you change or what you would keep.

I am a bigger fan of gun play and more fun times, not to say I hate more beautiful maps but they arent what I like to play on, I would like to see CS Desert again with RU kept in the old Tali Base, vehicles brought back with the RU vehicles from Chaharikar. Vending machine with alterd price and items (guns). Cant forget rangers (meme) I would personally add some props to make places feel more realistic (like a stove and fridge in US cafe) I prefer in-game content over maps even tho I love them.

• CS Desert is faster to objectives faster to die, new players like this.
  • Much better for RP because there is more to do and it is basic so you can focus on rp related tasks. Steal them Green beans boys.
  • Easy layout smaller map
  • A lot of old players would return
  • More income for Garnet
  • Players would actually communicate because the bases are not the size of new york. Always around people.
  • More fun raids (RPG HAVEN)
  • Better Objectives and Points of interest (UK SPETZ) 
  • Better PVP and war planning
  • Better hit Reg (according to people its the new maps fault)
  • Who does not like spetz mountain tryouts
  • Jesters Orbital strikes
  • Garnets OG Map
  • Simpler game makes for a simpler server
  • Less trees because they suck.
  • Open map makes for fluid war times and outplays
  • VEHICLES
  • Vastly more balanced war when even.
  • Sniper/RPG/Explosive Meta TC
  • LMG/M16/AK meta Comms
  • Tali Vehicle/US PVTS meta OP
  • Staff can actually spectate games from the air without being in RP
  • RANGERS
  • You just have flat out more fun being around everyone in a small area 
  • Nostalgia 
  • Easier staff events
  • Civilians could roam the lands again. Want to be a paperboy or a  green bean dealer? We got you.
  • Even new players can have fun
  • Vastly easier training for recruits
  • Only Map MP's could possibly work on
  • I could go on forever

Downsides

• Map does not look as good as the newer ones
  • No Kill house
  • Garnets put his soul into new maps
  • A few unloyal players would leave
  • Better players wouldn't be as effective

Order of maps I like Favorite to Least

• CS_Desert_Garnet
  • Chaharikar
  • Taiga
  • Colossus <Kinda trashy but fun
  • Siberia
  • Current Map
And do not get me wrong I am a big fan of all of Garnet Content. He knows this himself after viewing my maps folder.
Edited by Gildarts

I would personally like to see Taiga back as it was simply the most interesting in war and out of war with its terrain and objectives, in my opinion. The objectives were great, at least Company and Factory.

Town was honestly not that great of an objective on Taiga, so that would be one of the things I would change. Edit Town's features to make the apartments that are there bigger and taller (not a lot, just good enough so that actual action can go on in there with small cover inside the apartments to allow actual engagements to take place in them, bigger rooms, removal of walls and replace with busted down walls for realism since irl most apartments are small, and if this is in a military zone, it can make sense to have the walls destroyed obviously).

Raise the bases ontop of hills, so they overlook the surrounding areas, and the surroundings should have easily accessible terrain to get out, but difficult to get in (slopes, sand bags, but otherwise open area so those trying to get near the base don't have cover, and those leaving have their base to shoot from) and give both bases three points of exit/entry. Of course, since US has a TP DB on Taiga, I think that shouldn't exist, or all buildings you enter should TP you for raids sake to prevent accidentally killing those in buildings during those raids. If not this, no TP buildings would allow for more flow, less abrupt TPs, less getting stuck in door ways where minges purposefully block the door, and accidental spawning in each other was prevented and almost perfected by Garnet on Taiga, so that isn't a concern.

Sorry for the bad grammar with run on sentences, typed fast, just sloshed every idea I thought of in this reply.

Anything going to come of this, Gildarts? If so, I thought Garnet was working on a new map?

• Like 2
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

Only 2 maps I’ve physically played are CS_Desert and the current map.

CS_Desert is a good map in its simplicity. Nothing super fancy but overall has a nice feel to it. The open landscape makes for fun times in vehicles.

BUT from what I’ve heard and seen, Taiga will get my vote. I’ve seen various YouTube videos and screenshots that show a well-designed, intricate map. The objectives are all intriguing, offering unique experiences per war. There’s a chance that this is just a case of “the grass is always greener” but I would love the opportunity to play that map. 

• Like 1

So the only maps I’ve played is Taiga, current map and cs_desert. My vote goes to taiga because I really liked the map, the wars were interesting, good layout, not too many trees. And I guess a part of my vote on taiga is because that’s where I started playing garnet consistently.  Now to why I didn’t vote for csdesert. I like the map, It’s is a bit nostalgic since it was my first ever mrp map. But I also don’t like the terrain in it. It’s a small map surrounded by a big mountain wall. Most of the map is just desert except for the few buildings/bases. Sure, It has a big underground part, but I feel like that’s barely used. 

In conclusion, I would rather have taiga than csdesert, but I wouldn’t mind playing on csdesert, If csdesert is chosen, I agree with pretty much all Gildarts suggestions. I like the wars and terrain on taiga and I feel like csdesert is way too simple and doesn’t bring much gameplay potential to it.

Edited by DannKeb

Garnets MRP isn’t super RP oriented so larger maps I feel don’t have a good fit within this community, a map like CS_Desert on the other hand (well GG CS desert) fits Garnets MRP genre a lot better. It was small and the wars were fast pace.

Just a large map makes no sense when the only RP you have is tryouts and scuffed kidnapping 

• 300 IQ 3
  • Winner 1

As I wasn't there for the good ol CS_Desert days, I wouldn't want to see it now.

Personally I want the Taiga with ATTC Airstrip Town. That shit right there was fun, also thats the first map I joined to. Less Tree's more use for the outskirts of the map to get to the objectives and I think it had the perfect balance in each objective. Airstrip had your long range sniper battles, but once you got inside, your facing either medium range engagements between each hangar, or cqc inside those hangars. This map provided a lot of strategic planning between the war leader and other faction leaders and had more presence within radio, whereas now its kinda quiet and people just "kinda know what they're doing". For some reason I feel that bringing this map back, theres gonna be a lot more communication. The objectives were so far from each other theres no way you couldn't communicate and know what was going on. This one objective had more open routes to get to ATTC. and the Inside was always a "tug of war". Entry factions clearing out SOC is always a sight to see. The only downside with ATTC is that it held KH. A lot of waiting for tryouts and shit -.-' 

Also town, simply put, was just town. Cluster, smg  but really no opportunity to camp multiple hills. It was just one main hill for each side. The bases were kinda lackluster, BUT that can be changed but only the bases. Keep everything else in Taiga the same.

Edited by {GG} CJ

My favorite was and still is CS desert.

Reason why:  Objectives were easy to get to (even with vehicles) and the battles for TC and comms were fun and heavy when a good amount of players are on and the battles you were able to have were awesome and most player feel "USEFUL" or at least more then they do now.

Comms: Comms had a good and i mean A GOOD CQC combat about it when breaching or defending as it was all random if afghan would rush, nade, and even snipe into comms. afghan also would snipe and try to weaken US forces before we even got close to the objective.

TC (Toxic crater): It was hell on CS desert and we loved it, either US or Afghan got there first (mostly US) and the other would either snipe, RPG, and even full on RUSH the objective and it gave lots of fun not only that but the hills provided much cover and more attack approaches to any objective. 

Bases: Could be upgraded now but were fun regardless. The only one in need of such a make over would be tali base (RU base) for lots of reasons.

UK OP: This OP was not a OBJ but a point over looking TC and was useful for callouts for flanking and sniping of TC and thus you can imagine the amount of battles that happened for this point as one who holds UK OP has full power to do lots of what they wanted to TC.

12 hours ago, Gildarts | GarnetGaming said:

• Only Map MP's could possibly work on

*Inner MP intensifies*  But in all honesty it needs some heavy repairs (mostly to rules and tryouts and etc) and a "STRICT" hand if it really is brought back let alone brought to the table.

Edited by gambler01dyer