MilitaryRP Map Survey [6/14/2018]

Pick your favored option  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Time of day for Taiga V4

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/21/2018 at 05:52 AM

9 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Somebody here doesn't like a challenge :^)

Remember when you first launched Taiga and everyone cried about how dark it was, same things is going to happen, right now people are going to go Night map looks cool! Then after 2 days “hey garnet can you turn brightness up? If anything I would say a rotation, rp_Taiga_v4_day and rp_Taiga_v4_night then you should hold your poll and see which the community enjoys more ?

• Agree 1
  • The Garnut
3 minutes ago, [GG] Admin | Cameron said:

Remember when you first launched Taiga and everyone cried about how dark it was, same things is going to happen, right now people are going to go Night map looks cool! Then after 2 days “hey garnet can you turn brightness up? If anything I would say a rotation, rp_Taiga_v4_day and rp_Taiga_v4_night then you should hold your poll and see which the community enjoys more ?

Yeah, I thought about that. I think it'd be a different scenario though ? Taiga v2 had a very low ambient lighting and I was far less experienced with hammer. This time around I'd make sure that the new map has a somewhat high ambient lighting, and lots (i mean lots) of street lights to light up areas between objectives/the objectives themselves.

Regardless, it comes down to what the playerbase wants, and not what I want. So if they vote Night, i'll try and make it as appealing as possible.

• Like 1
  • The Garnut

As per usual, I got carried away and worked on random shit like ... taiga v4 snow at night LOL

If I got to make the final decision, this would be the style of the next map 

No visibility problems when the terrain is fucking white either.

625c5e24bf6e5b86c3a2fff8cb07a501.jpg

6bd9e8b8f55654de9be6e11860f59fa1.jpgd29f275445679ee8b122f98d0b6b2512.jpg556644e3aa903e5179611f6fcb47e26a.jpg

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Garnet said:

As per usual, I got carried away and worked on random shit like ... taiga v4 snow at night LOL

556644e3aa903e5179611f6fcb47e26a.jpg

6bd9e8b8f55654de9be6e11860f59fa1.jpgd29f275445679ee8b122f98d0b6b2512.jpg

NGL, looks really cool. Also how you kill a sniper meta. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, ClickBait said:

Day and Night cycle possible?????????????????????????????

That's what first popped into my mind and then I quickly realized that you would have to restart the server to change the map soooooooo nah.

I thought pple liked tundra more. I'm not a fan of the forest. But I like night more. It is something we really haven't had ever. And seals would look really dope and stealthy in the night, along as sniping would be more difficult and challenging which I think is a better thing, you can also sneak behind snipers easier in the night, which you couldn't during the day really. Plus if the ghillie suits get suited to be darker they would be really stealthy and dope, crouch somewhere and get a nice headshot on a 2GA pvt. If the map changed to snow it would be cool if we also got some themed player models, but that's a far fetched idea, would just be cool if everyone had snow covering them. 

Edited by Sleepy
9 hours ago, Pump said:

That's what first popped into my mind and then I quickly realized that you would have to restart the server to change the map soooooooo nah.

No you wouldn’t there is an addon called atoms day and night cycle and it actually cycles it real time 

EDIT: well not real time you can set how long it’s day and how long it’s night but it cycles though the two without changing the map. It’s pretty cool I use it in single player

Edited by Brandon
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Garnet said:

6bd9e8b8f55654de9be6e11860f59fa1.jpgd29f275445679ee8b122f98d0b6b2512.jpg556644e3aa903e5179611f6fcb47e26a.jpg

OKAY THE NIGHT TUNDRA ONES ARE AMAZING. I seriously am dumbfounded by how cool these look. I know its unlikely, but damn I love these. Good work Garnet, even if these aren't the future of the server, they are well done.

7 hours ago, Sleepy said:

If the map changed to snow it would be cool if we also got some themed player models,

Lol all garnet would have to do is adjust the contrast of the lighting to make the models blend literally a 10 second fix

• Winner 1