MilitaryRP Update [6/21/2019]

31 minutes ago, Captainswag said:

Edit- I think it would be a good idea if that you can get the donor vehicles, but every time you want to spawn one in game- it requires 1000 dollars or something to make it fair (prices could vary amongst all the vehicles but I thought it was an idea worth sharing) it would also make it so there would be less vehicles out in the map at once.

This is exactly why vehicles were removed in the first place. Everyone donated to get one. The "spawn price" wouldnt effect anything considering most people have hundreds of thousands of ingame currency.

• Informative 1
3 minutes ago, Duglas said:

How might people do MATCH now?

I won't presume about other factions, but MARSOC will take the same route we took when the new map released and get a fair average taken from our members with the new stamina system in consideration.

• Informative 1
1 hour ago, {GG}otham said:

I won't presume about other factions, but MARSOC will take the same route we took when the new map released and get a fair average taken from our members with the new stamina system in consideration.

Damn Gotham got out done by an Army Officer.ResidentSleeper unless they are the ones that BHOP the whole MATCH their times won't change.

Edited by draggydx
Just now, {GG}otham said:

wait, did I just get trolled? If 1 second of sprinting=-1% of stamina, you should still be able to finish MATCH with like ~75% stamina???

Yeah, my MATCH time isn't affected by the stamina at all. I even still have enough stamina to try and bhop at the end using about 3-4 jumps.

• Informative 1
13 hours ago, Ethan said:

I agree with this, or decreasing how fast sprinting brings down stamina. Either way, the amount that stamina is decreased by jumping would need to increase to maybe 20-35% per jump instead so you can jump about 3-5 times before you need to wait for more stamina.

I no longer think this lmao. After actually using the stamina system in several wars, and seeing everyone else affected by it, it is very interesting, and I am liking it more and more. It makes people put actual thought into their movement instead of just spamming or running everywhere. The fire fights are a lot more interesting in my opinion, including sniping. People have to conserve their stamina before they get in fights so they have enough to dodge shots and shoot back instead of being stuck in the open with no stamina. Using your stamina wisely benefits you, and ignoring that stamina bar hits you hard.

• Like 1
  • Cringe 1
  • Informative 1
  • The Garnut
1 hour ago, Koulit said:

The in base OCs are gonna be interesting now because of stamina

Not large enough to eat up at your stamina. Even if you are performing horrible, it would take seconds to regenerate enough stamina for another jump.

2 hours ago, {GG}otham said:

wait, did I just get trolled? If 1 second of sprinting=-1% of stamina, you should still be able to finish MATCH with like ~75% stamina???

Yup

I'm looking forward to seeing how people like this system during wars today

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Normal Hooman said:

Playing with stamina I it find slows down everything way too much. Maybe I'm alone in thinking this but I find the fast pace gun play that the server allowed was very enjoyable

Ye, and i can already imagine how bad headglitching will be now without crouch jumping being used as muchHandsUp

I understand its in testing phase but I dont hope it goes through and doesnt stay for even max 1 week. (the whole stamina thing) After playing 1 war with the stamina change, I personally can already feel the loss of the "fast pace feel" wars used to have. Rotations might not happen as much, and it might lose the players incentive to even go out of base at the 1:30 or 2 minute mark to even contest an objective when we need as many bodies on the obj as possible. (<-- for this instance in specific, they're gonna have to sprint and jump to get to the obj asap)

Managing your stamina is definitely an option but many things a jeopardized when this stamina comes into play 

1) rushing the last objective to win the war with a possible 1 cap or 2 cap. 

2)rushing the first objective to get a strong hold and get in position

3) Beginning to even contest and objective

4) Firefight play. 

From RU experience, full sprinting and only sprinting will only get the player from their N gate to the entrance of embassy, no stairs no rope or anything like that. By the time they reach the doors, their a turtle in the open. From US experience full sprinting will get the player to somewhere on the staircase that leads to embassy, and once people are all moving really slow and bunched up at either place, it just becomes a disaster. 

Edited by {GG} CJ
  • Like 1
  • Winner 2

I'm having mixed feelings about the stamina bar personally, I feel like the time it takes to fully regain stamina takes way too long. Also, I'd prefer if running wouldn't affect the stamina bar, in fact I'm 90% sure that's what people wanted for the stamina bar, a lot of people only wanted the stamina for the jumping aspect.

A good step forward, but the way it is now the cons heavily outway the pros of this stamina bar, I think it needs to be reworked to what I said above.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1