DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MilitaryRP Update [7/8/2019]

• The Garnut

logo.png

Hello everybody!

Weapon Balancing/Complete Overhaul Update

it is now 6 in the morning and I am dying to get some sleep, I'm super worried I've made a few errors here and there because I've been working on this update for such a long period of time, but only time will tell!

MilitaryRP is once again entering a beta testing phase. All factions carry the same exact variants of their weapon class, whether it be assault rifles, pistols, sub machine guns, etc... 

the reason behind this is that by streamlining weapons across the board, we will be able to get criticism faster and fine tune them to perfection before I dig any deeper into creating new variants with different models. So for the time being, please bare with me while we ARE going through testing, and in the next upcoming days we will have a solid weapon base to work with!

In this thread please let me know about how weapons are now handling, as I am currently following a formula provided to me by @Phantom and other members of the staff team.

Thank you everybody!

• Like 4
  • The Garnut
Just now, {GG}otham said:

Ah shit, here we go again.

Thanks for putting in the time, but prepare yourself as weapon balancing is the area where everyone and their 14 year old brother they blamed for massRDM has a different opinion. Lots of debates to come.

Completely embraced. I will  look for a nice spot in the middle so that everybody's happy. I think Phantom wanted to make some snipers a 2-shot, which I didn't agree with.

• Winner 3

One thing I know I've been wanting to see is DMR's with a reliable semi/guns that are actually supposed to shoot semi shoot like such without delay. I.E weapons like the M82 shooting slower than orsis despite it being a semi.

Also: 421433a49026933d4fb808993ed9b01f.png

umm. Is this intentional? I see SSO SMG doesn't have nades so I assume this was a simple mistake.

Also this seems a bit problematic, it's the RU sniper:

491ea9a9ed1b708819f72b97cf9b3066.png

0.5s between shots and it's a one shot. this is with the attachment that increases the firerate.

Edited by Pencil

So far from the testing we did it seems everything is fine, but I will say the base weapons for both Factions are insanely overpowered. 

The Ak is a complete laser no matter what attachments.

The Ar seems to be a lot more stable and playable but is still a op as well (Recoil Wise).

Besides that though I think this was a great addition.

Edited by Jngley

From what i see, donors are pretty much useless right now. The base weapons are insane compared to the donor weapons. They have way less recoil, higher fire rate, and more ammo. Plus, the snipers with the right attachments can do almost 150 damage, while the orsis and mosin do like 110. 

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
5 minutes ago, Huskaiii said:

From what i see, donors are pretty much useless right now. The base weapons are insane compared to the donor weapons. They have way less recoil, higher fire rate, and more ammo. Plus, the snipers with the right attachments can do almost 150 damage, while the orsis and mosin do like 110. 

It's in beta right now. Stuff will be tweaked overtime. And besides, you shouldn't have to donate to get a decent gun.

• 300 IQ 2
42 minutes ago, Huskaiii said:

You know, I think thats funny more then bad. Ita a flex to use doners now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • The Garnut

So based on criticism, on 7/9, the changes the server will see are as follows:

- 25% raise in recoil for assault rifles

- De-buff weapon attachments to provide smaller stat boosts

Keep them coming!

• Informative 1