Add /roll to MilitaryRP

Shrugger0

/roll is a server add on in which players can type "/roll" into the chat. Following this, a random number from 1 to 100 is put out. It should be added to MilitaryRP.

From determining if kidnaps are successful to interrogate kidnapped prisoners of war, The /roll already has functionality within the server. /roll can also be used for minor RP events that can be RP'd at the desire of the players. Depending on usage,  /roll can be utilized in a serious way or a humourous way, appeasing both hardcore RPers and softcore RPers. Regardless /roll is a very minor add on(most file sizes ranged from .000 -.005 MB) with immense, if utilized, RP value. Individuals with a distaste for RP can happily go about their day without typing the /roll as the command has no impact on those who do not like to focus on the RP aspects of the server. 

Simply put, /roll is a valued addition to enhance the RP experience for GarnetGaming while being a minuscule file(for server purposes) without demerit.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Shrugger0
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1

-1 this isn’t dungeons and dragons

I don’t think stopping and seeing what some dice say is a good way to RP in the 21st century 

If you’re talking about RP aspects this does the complete opposite 

Let players RP as they will without constraining and forcing them to “play along” via some dice 

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
1 hour ago, Cameron said:

-1 this isn’t dungeons and dragons

I don’t think stopping and seeing what some dice say is a good way to RP in the 21st century 

If you’re talking about RP aspects this does the complete opposite 

Let players RP as they will without constraining and forcing them to “play along” via some dice 

I have to agree on Cameron on this one, just doesn't make sense at all to me in-fact a more realistic idea is if there was a coin flip function but most people, like me have Siri flip a coin and I only really use that for choosing which team leader picks what side they want in sims, so it would not be needed or, more importantly, realistic to have a dice role your fate. Just sounds like another board game idea to me. Which for realistic sake, is just sounds like your trying to hang on to what the 1960s and 1970s loved which, I hate to say it but is all in past. Even though I never found interest in those forms of games. So its a -1 from me.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1

It just seems like an inconvenience to people to have this extra step in RP. This isn’t Elder Scrolls or Fallout, we don’t need speech checks.

You realize people could lie about their rolls, but the potential solution of putting it in chat for everyone to see is gonna be annoying to people not involved in that scenario.

9 hours ago, Jesus said:

It just seems like an inconvenience to people to have this extra step in RP. This isn’t Elder Scrolls or Fallout, we don’t need speech checks.

You realize people could lie about their rolls, but the potential solution of putting it in chat for everyone to see is gonna be annoying to people not involved in that scenario.

When an individual utalizes the /roll command it will output the result to everyone within the same range as utilizing normal chat. 

If you don’t like to RP and thinks it’s annoying, simply do not use it. The server is barely affected by the /roll add on considering its size. Let the rest of us enjoy it while you ignore it.