Ares Shrike/PKM Balancing

Silo

7 hours ago, Dexx said:

+1 to he suggestion I think ARES should be nerfed to fit the PKM,  but umm what about RU Ghille's hitbox?

Balancing hitboxes with models is much more different than balancing a weapon or an entire class. You brought up something that isn't relevant and reads more like entitlement.

Not only do both sides have some pretty poor hitboxes since the models are all from different sources on the Workshop, this isn't the thread to discuss this problem and this problem has already been brought to the attention of Garnet plenty of times. That's also just the models themselves, not even mentioning the fact that hitreg is poor because of the lower tickrate.

As for the suggestion, I agree that the Ares needs to be an equivalent of the Prestige's PKM. And that the best way to do that is to nerf the Ares down to something that's closer to the PKM considering the Ares is like a heavy SMG. I personally dislike both Cachet and Prestige because the idea of the class doesn't make much sense to me - it's basically a Juggernaut minus the health boost and is one of the [entirely sure it is the fastest class available atm, actually] fastest classes in the game.

Edited by Fier
Forgot to quote Dexx, op
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Friendly 1
18 hours ago, Mikel said:

As a Ares fan im torn between this but ultimately yes it needs a nerf not gonna lie though love seeing RU get pissy over it 

As a RU Main I shit my pants every time I hear the ares you don’t want to know what happens when I get killed by someone using the weapon

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Fier said:

Balancing hitboxes with models is much more different than balancing a weapon or an entire class. You brought up something that isn't relevant and reads more like entitlement.

Not only do both sides have some pretty poor hitboxes since the models are all from different sources on the Workshop, this isn't the thread to discuss this problem and this problem has already been brought to the attention of Garnet plenty of times. That's also just the models themselves, not even mentioning the fact that hitreg is poor because of the lower tickrate.

As for the suggestion, I agree that the Ares needs to be an equivalent of the Prestige's PKM. And that the best way to do that is to nerf the Ares down to something that's closer to the PKM considering the Ares is like a heavy SMG. I personally dislike both Cachet and Prestige because the idea of the class doesn't make much sense to me - it's basically a Juggernaut minus the health boost and is one of the [entirely sure it is the fastest class available atm, actually] fastest classes in the game.

Wasn't talking about balancing it with the hitbox at all......... Already input how I feel about the suggestion, you are right tho I brought up something that has nothing to do with the suggestion....

• Friendly 1

I don't think that the ares shrike all together should be nerfed, because jugg has had this weapon for a long time.  
I think a nerf to chachet's version would be adequate.
At least you are a slow boy with it on jugg.  The maneuverability with it makes no sense.  
I'm for the nerf, but I think jugg should be left alone.

• Dumb/Shitpost 3
16 hours ago, Jesus said:

don’t understand why Cachet was given the Ares to begin with

In my suggestion I stated that the stats should be edited to match Prestige's weapons and even gave stats, however Cachet was assigned the CW base weapons instead. It's supposed to have an M-60 now with similar stats to the PKM. I assume Garnet hasn't got around to assigning the weapon or he wants to pump it out with another update. Or perhaps he's waiting on more feedback on the rest of the weapons before doing a full update for a single weapon. Don't know for certain though.

7 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Granted I don't have cachet and I am basing this off of me using the PKM

The ARES can headshot 1 shot from any range, often consistently due to it's high aim accuracy.

Already left my opinion this and that it should be change as to the actual counterpart listed in the donation page or just overall have the stats changed to the PKM like the original suggestion had stated. +1

• The Garnut

Accepted

Changes will be implemented shortly!

On 9/5/2019 at 12:51 AM, Jesus said:

I don’t understand why Cachet was given the Ares to begin with if it was to be replaced with and piss off a good number of the player base.

Nerfing the ares to be the exact same as the PKM is fine enough. +1

The description of the class stated you will be receiving the M60. If you took note of that and still purchased the class that was incorrectly given the ares strike, I don't think there's too much room to complain. Especially being that you had a period during which you got to use an admittedly overpowered weapon.

• Like 2